Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Niffleheim

The Ultimates - Solve the Ultimate Problem of Finding Thanos A Girlfriend. YES PLZZZZZ I would read this in a heartbeat.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    he should pursue Hela; to make Death jealous.
    That's the one key Thanos himself never seems to notice. She seems to show interest whenever he's ready to move on. Thanos never learned to play hard to get.

Quote Originally Posted by N'Dare View Post
    The Ultimates - Solve the Ultimate Problem of Finding Thanos A Girlfriend. YES PLZZZZZ I would read this in a heartbeat.
    Secret of Thanos revealed

dudes just sexually frustrated.

#foreveralone
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    Secret of Thanos revealed

dudes just sexually frustrated.

#foreveralone
    it's that damn skrull chin. might as well have space acne.

Mighty Member

Never gonna happen post Starlin. Marvel and Starlin spent 15 or 20 years pulling and pushing Thanos in different directions. Starlin planned for Thanos to move on and grow the hell up. Marvel wanted Thanos to stay the way he was in the 1970s.

This new Thanos (or the old one, depending on how you look at it) is never getting a chance at redemption (which is better than the idiotic back and forth we got before).
    Current pull-file: Batman the Detective, Batman: Legends of the Dark Knight, Marvel Dark Ages, Nightwing, Superman Son of Kal-El, Transformers, Transformers: King Grimlock, Warhammer 40,000 Sisters of Battle
    -----------------------------
    - http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/

BANNED

it's that damn skrull chin. might as well have space acne.
    Or is it ribbed for her pleasure?

wouldn't a Starbrand come in more handy?
    Not my first pick but I like Starbrand

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    ive said that Real Thor should have been on the team since the beginning, both for another brute but also for sales
    Yes sir, I can get behind this. Thor, Monica, Adam, MAC, Black Panther, Captain Marvel and Quasar. This team could easily take it to the JLA.
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

Quote Originally Posted by CentralPower View Post

This new Thanos (or the old one, depending on how you look at it) is never getting a chance at redemption (which is better than the idiotic back and forth we got before).
    Thank god. Sick of villains and redemption.

Need true villains in comics
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

-Galactus's late night munchies
    -Thanos' 50 First dates

The Ultimates should just host a Dr. Phil spinoff show where they have cosmic entities sit down and get called out on all those extinction level events masking deeper underlining issues: dietary problems and insecurities when it comes to women.

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LordAllMIghty View Post
    This team needs Quasar and maybe another fighter.
    I would add Phoenix (because the ultimate telepath/psychokinetic should be on this team) and Warlock (because Adam and T'Challa could then create just about any device they wanted to with a Technarch on board).

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by LordAllMIghty View Post
    This team needs Quasar and maybe another fighter.
    If only Wendell were still the Champion of Life....then again, Wendell has an 0fer record against Thanos. A very BAD 0fer record.

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

The art remains absolutely gorgeous. The fight with Thanos was intense and scary and all I wanted it to be. The team is so strong that it's hard to imagine anyone being a credible threat, but Thanos pretty much outmatches all of them (although they managed to pull it off). I keep saying that I'll stop buying this book first run and will instead read it on Marvel Unlimited, but damn, the quality makes it damn hard to do.

Just a note timeline-wise, but this is right before the meeting with Stark. It seems to take place in Issue 4 after the suitcase girl was arrested (obviously) and before the superhero fight later. I didn't quite realize there could be that much time, but I think it works.
    Last edited by Mike_Murdock; 09-29-2016 at 06:40 PM.

Still a great book for the writing, but I am devistated that this book is loosing Rocafort. He elevated the volume to a grand epic and will be missed.

The continual references to the cosmic entities is intriguing but I can't help thinking we would be further into the juicy detail if it wasn't for the civil war tie-ins.

They even laid the groundwork for Thanos escaping, by suggesting their solution wouldn't work twice, so he will no doubt only stick around until his part in this story is played out.

Never gonna happen post Starlin. Marvel and Starlin spent 15 or 20 years pulling and pushing Thanos in different directions. Starlin planned for Thanos to move on and grow the hell up. Marvel wanted Thanos to stay the way he was in the 1970s.

Except Starlin is still doing this, or was until very recently. We do get a hint that he may be developed a little further. I wonder if Starlin has officially finished with him now that he has been allowed to write the graphic novels and mini-series. Marvel were very shrewd getting him to broaden the Thanos back catalogue before the movies came out, but I wonder if they want to take him in a more considered direction now. I presume Lemire has a solid plan for him, but the solicits sound as if they will conform to the overall pattern of trying to find stories to tell about him without unleashing him onto the wider universe. But with Deodato on the book I will probably let this one pass me by.

P.S. It occurs to me that if you were to write Thanos's recent MU story he has spent more time locked up or otherwise restricted than the Doctor in classic Who. I guess it is a sure sign he is a little too powerful and inscrutable for some writers to cope with.
    Last edited by JKtheMac; 09-30-2016 at 02:38 AM.

So? How did Spectrum get back?? Do we have to assume it was behind the scenes that MAC just opened up a door again? This go anywhere, anytime, could get real annoying with it's easypeasyness. We'd have to presume Spectrum just stayed put and waited patiently all drawback-free or that MAC could open up a portal conveniently whereever she 'imagines' the target-area, where Mon would have flown to. Either options are lazy plot device.

Quote Originally Posted by Maximum View Post
    Thanos was so brutal and not just physically. That smack talk he gave delt out was vicious.

The fight was everything I was hoping for. Powers on full display. Monica got to see that it wasn't her fault Rhodes died. Mac dished it, got laid out yet got back in it. Adam amped up Carol to Binary. T'Challa out-thought the situation. Loved it and I want more of that action. !
    Agreed!

As has been the pattern, "the Ultimates" continues to impress.

On a purely fan-boy level, Thanos' monologue was what it needed to be. Ewing had Thanos address a character on page, and the readers, with an info-dump on Marvel's cosmic state. There is an overt nod to Starlin's (finally) resolved Thanos and Warlock dynamic. It is made clear that the "current" Thanos (who is not really the old Thanos) will never have the same editorial issues as the old Thanos (constantly bouncing between redemption and corruption).
    Interesting interpretation.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_Murdock View Post
    The art remains absolutely gorgeous. The fight with Thanos was intense and scary and all I wanted it to be. The team is so strong that it's hard to imagine anyone being a credible threat, but Thanos pretty much outmatches all of them (although they managed to pull it off). I keep saying that I'll stop buying this book first run and will instead read it on Marvel Unlimited, but damn, the quality makes it damn hard to do.

Just a note timeline-wise, but this is right before the meeting with Stark. It seems to take place in Issue 4 after the suitcase girl was arrested (obviously) and before the superhero fight later. I didn't quite realize there could be that much time, but I think it works.
    The art change from prologue to main story was jarring - and the better of the 2, right? And does this clearly mean that in CWII#5 when the Triskelion 'blows up real good' or somesuch that Thanos and Anti-man were not in the cellar so Carol didn't specifically worry about 'em?

Can't find the CBR preview link to include. Argh. The old CBR layout was SO MUCH BETTER than the current one!!