Page 22 of 26 FirstFirst ... 12181920212223242526 LastLast
    Incredible Member

I ordered the Dark Knight Returns gallery Edition on December 5th. It has yet to ship. I contacted them and they told me they are waiting on shipments from DC for certain books. Is anyone else experiencing this?

They have no idea when they will get the books but said I can cancel anytime. I feel the book should not be listed as "in stock" on their website if they're not actually capable of shipping it and have no idea when they will be able to. At the least, there should have been a courtesy e-mail explaining why the wait may be so long.

I could cancel but I suppose I'll wait a bit longer. I don't necessarily trust that they will receive the book, at least anytime soon, unfortunately.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnatellodi View Post
    I ordered the Dark Knight Returns gallery Edition on December 5th. It has yet to ship. I contacted them and they told me they are waiting on shipments from DC for certain books. Is anyone else experiencing this?

They have no idea when they will get the books but said I can cancel anytime. I feel the book should not be listed as "in stock" on their website if they're not actually capable of shipping it and have no idea when they will be able to. At the least, there should have been a courtesy e-mail explaining why the wait may be so long.

I could cancel but I suppose I'll wait a bit longer. I don't necessarily trust that they will receive the book, at least anytime soon, unfortunately.
    Other people ordering DC books have had this issue. My order for all Marvel and Image books was placed on Jan. 5th and is still in processing, so I feel you re: delays.

My Jan. 5th order just shipped today from them.When I order,I'm already expecting delays so it's not a big deal for me.I like dealing with IST.
    Every customer service issue that I have had,was dealt with to my satisfaction,and some of them were my fault.
    DC,I need Bronze Age Batman,Green Lantern,and Flash collected.Please,and thank you.

I think they have problems with what they get delivered for stock. Same as other stores. I know from Cheap-comics that they get only one shipment from Diamond a month. That used to be different.

Incredible Member

I'm beginning to wonder if my Dark Knight Returns Gallery Edition will ever ship. It's been two months since I ordered. They told me they are waiting on shipments, but I'm starting to think they don't actually know, as the book is no longer in stock.

Absolute Batman Year One is also going on two weeks without shipping. Sorry to say this will be the last order I place there for foreseeable future. They're hardly functioning.

All-New Member

Default In Stock Trades is a terrible company!

Quote Originally Posted by Graphic Autist View Post
    Since IST switched to having UPS handle their deliveries to the Post Office here in the United States, it has been a disaster. I have placed four orders since they switched to having UPS be the intermediary to the USPS, and two orders have been mis-routed. The first one, I had to pick up from an incorrect Post Office, and my current order is missing. It’s somewhere, just no one knows WHERE it is, but hey, it’ll come sometime, you know?
    I have been buying from InStockTrades for years and have purchased hundreds of graphic novels from them. It has always taken them 2 to 3 weeks to process my orders. Lately, about the last 8 to 12 months, they have taken one to 3 months to process my orders. Ninety percent of my orders during that time were not processed, and/or refunded without explanation or a email to me explaining why they cancelled my orders. They didn't refund me either. I had to write down a list of all the items I have did not receive, and email the lists to them. Only then did I receive a refund and they were slow about processing it. They never apologized or emailed me because of their problems. And believe me, it was all their problem and none of mine. Another problem is that has continued with them is their shipping and handling methods! It is lame at best. They also do not have a business telephone number where customers can call about a problem or concern! Who in the heck is in business without a telephone number these days? Absolutely ridiculous!!! After spending thousands of dollars with this company, they still have no explanation as to why they never got back to me after sending them numerous emails voicing my concerns and the whereabout of my orders. So I wouldn't buy a 24 ct gold plated graphic novel from them for a dollar. I really hate this company for the way they treated me. If I were you, I wouldn't buy anything from them ever again.

I received an email from IST stating,New releases will be delayed at IST today due to bad weather conditions.New releases will be moved to this upcoming Thursday instead.
    DC,I need Bronze Age Batman,Green Lantern,and Flash collected.Please,and thank you.

Incredible Member Graphic Autist's Avatar

I also got the e-mail from IST, yet they didn't mention anything about the order I placed ONE MONTH ago that hasn't shipped yet.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Graphic Autist View Post
    I also got the e-mail from IST, yet they didn't mention anything about the order I placed ONE MONTH ago that hasn't shipped yet.
    Prepare to keep waiting. I ordered a book from them on December 5th and finally just cancelled it a few days ago. It was over two months with no movement. I wouldn't recommend anyone place further orders until they get things back on track, but maybe that's selfish of me. I have another book I am still waiting on from last month.

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

I've also considered placing no more orders until they catch up. I know I'm only one person, and don't order more than 1-2x a month, but I figure every little bit helps. I risk missing out on a few things (at least in the short term), but most of my books were already pre-ordered thru DCBS anyway. For some reason that branch of the company doesn't seem to be having any issues.
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

BANNED

It seems that MANY people in this thread are either ignoring or have forgotten that thanks to Trump and tens of millions of dipshits who refuse to wear facemasks there is STILL a MASSIVE pandemic roaring pretty much uncontrolled through the entire country, and said pandemic has fucked and continues to **** over retail, shipping and many other sectors of the economy. Assuming you are reasonably healthy your books will get to you eventually and there certainly is no need for you to be "FIRST!!!" about a goddamn comic book.

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ShutUpLutz View Post
    It seems that MANY people in this thread are either ignoring or have forgotten that thanks to Trump and tens of millions of dipshits who refuse to wear facemasks there is STILL a MASSIVE pandemic roaring pretty much uncontrolled through the entire country, and said pandemic has fucked and continues to **** over retail, shipping and many other sectors of the economy. Assuming you are reasonably healthy your books will get to you eventually and there certainly is no need for you to be "FIRST!!!" about a goddamn comic book.
    Okay... so should I not expect to get my Uncanny X-Men Vol. 4 omnibus this week? :-/

But in all seriousness, I don't think anyone's forgotten. I too find the airing of first world problems to get tiresome, but at the same time you have to realize most people complaining here probably aren't complaining like this in real life. The real world is dark and dreary enough, I like to think this is where folks can vent - albeit about petty things like comic books - and forget about venting about the pandemic for a few minutes.
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Incredible Member Graphic Autist's Avatar

Assuming you are reasonably healthy your books will get to you eventually and there certainly is no need for you to be "FIRST!!!" about a goddamn comic book.
    Dude, all I'm asking is they communicate with people about delays. It's not that fucking hard to send an e-mail to customers that have waited 4 weeks to explain what's up. They took my money, so that's not asking much.

Incredible Member

No, we are aware. You can always point to bigger problems, but then no one is allowed to vent. Remember that next time you complain about anything. I'm not sure the hold up is completely due to their distribution - why? Because their e-mail response has also slowed to a dead crawl and other similar services aren't having quite as much trouble. Maybe times are tough, so I'm not mad at instocktrades...but I am annoyed.

Quote Originally Posted by SJNeal View Post
    Okay... so should I not expect to get my Uncanny X-Men Vol. 4 omnibus this week? :-/
    *chef's kiss*

Trust me, as someone who works for an education company, I get how Covid is wrecking businesses, but how exactly is this impacting IST's ability to respond to emails in a timely manner? Or give refunds for canceled orders without being prompted? Business is rough for a lot of sectors of the economy, but not mail order. IST's business is either up and they should have money to hire appropriate staff, or down, so they should have plenty of time to serve the people that are keeping the lights on.

In any case, I don't think it's right to criticize people for being upset when they're choosing to spend money with IST at time when money is tight all over.