Page 18 of 19 FirstFirst ... 8141516171819 LastLast

Probably something along the lines of Cyclops inadvertently released the M-Pox and instead of it affecting the Inhumans it backfired and affected mutants. And/or perhaps some kind of mind control by Maximus.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by graffiX View Post
    What was the 4chan rumor?
    Quentin Quire is the one responsible for whatever bad thing happened but Cyclops took the fall, and that Cyclops was alive and working behind the shadows in UXM.

Well, Magik fully joining the Arg Cyclops movement pretty much ruined the latest issue for me. I was honestly giving Lemire the benefit of the doubt till that. This whole storyline is really the thing bogging down the books (Well, except for Uncanny so far) worse than the T-Cloud.

Astonishing Member Godzilla2099's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by xhx23x View Post
    Well, Magik fully joining the Arg Cyclops movement pretty much ruined the latest issue for me. I was honestly giving Lemire the benefit of the doubt till that. This whole storyline is really the thing bogging down the books (Well, except for Uncanny so far) worse than the T-Cloud.
    The series has been a disappointment. Scott/Illyana chemistry were some of my favorite moments. The writer isn't even dropping clues to this.

it's a huge miss

Quote Originally Posted by somacula View Post
    Got an easier one, just say that a skrull did it and that Cyclops didn't made it alive from secret wars
    I dunno. If "the Phoenix did it" didn't work as an out for Scott with offing Xavier I'm not sure the annoying little brother of alien races is going to work much better.

Quote Originally Posted by Godzilla2099 View Post
    The series has been a disappointment. Scott/Illyana chemistry were some of my favorite moments. The writer isn't even dropping clues to this.
    Yeah, the whole thing just doesn't really add to anything. We know basically the same thing here that we know in issue one. And it's not like I will be mad if they do decide to vilify Cyclops. It's all fiction and characters are taken different directions all the time. But this whole story-line is done in the worst Tell Don't Show way that it feels like when someone's mad at you but won't tell you what you did cause they would rather just act passive aggressive about it.

I don't buy it. And it's more wait and see cause the 8 month gap nonsense.

My problem with Extraordinary isn't so much that they're saving the Cyclops story for "the right time" but how they're going about it. My main issue: everyone in the story already knows what the big deal is. Literally only the reader is in the dark about it. The heroes may not be in on the whole story, but they at least have a working version of it. I have a hard time figuring out how they’re going to sell the big reveal of whatever it is when it will be old news to all of the cast.

Compare it to the way this sort of thing is handled in the video game Final Fantasy X. In it Tidus is the character through which the player views the world and as the analogous Dorthy in the land of Oz everything is brand new to him, thus justifying the constant explanations of the world and the people’s way of life. So when Tidus is finally let in on the big secret that the whole rest of the world knows already it can come as a genuine surprise assuming the player didn’t already figure it out (which many probably did). You could say that the well known fact never slipping out is pretty far-fetched (but hey, fiction), but at least you can buy all of his friends deliberately avoiding the topic because it was too depressing for them.

That’s my issue with how Ex is unfolding so far. Cyclops’ fate is a big tie in to the team’s eventual direction of which there really isn’t one right now aside from the state of mutantkind is horrendous which has always been the case. And when they get around to telling us it’s only going to be new to the reader. I'll be very impressed if they manage to tell this story and have it feel natural and justified, but I'm doubtful at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by ariwl1 View Post
    My problem with Extraordinary isn't so much that they're saving the Cyclops story for "the right time" but how they're going about it. My main issue: everyone in the story already knows what the big deal is. Literally only the reader is in the dark about it. The heroes may not be in on the whole story, but they at least have a working version of it. I have a hard time figuring out how they’re going to sell the big reveal of whatever it is when it will be old news to all of the cast.

Compare it to the way this sort of thing is handled in the video game Final Fantasy X. In it Tidus is the character through which the player views the world and as the analogous Dorthy in the land of Oz everything is brand new to him, thus justifying the constant explanations of the world and the people’s way of life. So when Tidus is finally let in on the big secret that the whole rest of the world knows already it can come as a genuine surprise assuming the player didn’t already figure it out (which many probably did). You could say that the well known fact never slipping out is pretty far-fetched (but hey, fiction), but at least you can buy all of his friends deliberately avoiding the topic because it was too depressing for them.

That’s my issue with how Ex is unfolding so far. Cyclops’ fate is a big tie in to the team’s eventual direction of which there really isn’t one right now aside from the state of mutantkind is horrendous which has always been the case. And when they get around to telling us it’s only going to be new to the reader. I'll be very impressed if they manage to tell this story and have it feel natural and justified, but I'm doubtful at this point.
    The story could definitely benefit from a character who isn't in the know. But 7 issues in it's kind of already late for anything. You either are already sold on the "mystery" or hate the plot. And considering the general reviews, a lot of people aren't.

BANNED

I dunno. If "the Phoenix did it" didn't work as an out for Scott with offing Xavier I'm not sure the annoying little brother of alien races is going to work much better.
    It's not working cause those "outs" have been beaten to death so much so it's built a counter effect.

Quote Originally Posted by xhx23x View Post
    The story could definitely benefit from a character who isn't in the know. But 7 issues in it's kind of already late for anything. You either are already sold on the "mystery" or hate the plot. And considering the general reviews, a lot of people aren't.
    Once again Beast got it wrong. While it still would have been a bad idea in-universe THIS was the perfect time to pull the 05 out of the past stunt.

Once again Beast got it wrong. While it still would have been a bad idea in-universe THIS was the perfect time to pull the 05 out of the past stunt.
    ANXM vol 1 would've had a better reason to be, yeah.

BANNED

Random idea:

None of the X-Men actually hate or are angry with Cyclops at all. Everyone has been bad-mouthing him because it's part of Cyclops's plan, and he needs the world THINKING the rest of the X-Men have turned against him to put whatever enemy he's secretly dealing with off guard.

Embrace the fluff FluffyCyclopsRLZ's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    Random idea:

None of the X-Men actually hate or are angry with Cyclops at all. Everyone has been bad-mouthing him because it's part of Cyclops's plan, and he needs the world THINKING the rest of the X-Men have turned against him to put whatever enemy he's secretly dealing with off guard.
    How would that explain all the private whining? The X-Men pulling a Daniel Day-Lewis?

When Jeen and Storm enter the psychic Cyclops' visor, they see masses of Sentinels coming at them. Maybe the Sentinels have something to do with Cyclops' evil deeds.

On another note... Does Lemire get paid by the Cyclops bash?
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'