Page 101 of 581 FirstFirst ... 5191979899100101102103104105111151201 ... LastLast
Results 1,501 to 1,515 of 8701
    Wally 'Ginger' West fan
    Along one of the Birkeland Currents that traverse the Milky Way. I forget the exact cross streets.

Quote Originally Posted by Xalfrea View Post
    Which makes it all the more infuriating when there are those folks who quit the show because they can't stand the personality of the new Doctor and want the previous one back.

If they really like the show, shouldn't they know to accept the new Doctor since personality change and regens are an integral part of the show?
    The only ones I didn't like were the really in-your-face arrogant ones. One at times, but Six mostly. Other than that I've loved them all though with favorites. More likely to get frustrated with companions than Doctors.

So any news on when they start/started filming Season 9? I've been otherwise occupied of late.
    Parental care is way exhausting. Gained insight into what my parents went through when I was a baby. Not fun, but what ya gonna do? (Read comics, obviously.)

I can imagine for those who carried over from Peter Davison-Colin Baker, but I'm mostly talking about New Who when it comes to the trio of David Tennant, Matt Smith, and Peter Capaldi.

Which is why I like to think that Moffat putting in that bit in Deep Breath about the Doctor not being a romantic is a big middle finger to those folks who won't carry on with Capaldi because "he's not a hearthrob".

Wally 'Ginger' West fan
    Along one of the Birkeland Currents that traverse the Milky Way. I forget the exact cross streets.

Seriously?
    Two days ago was NuWho's Tenth Anniversary and they didn't do anything save have Capaldi cut a Tardis cake at the Doctor Who Experience in London?
    Surely they did more than that?
    Last edited by Kyer; 03-28-2015 at 07:22 PM. Reason: forgot header, but can't fix it.
    Parental care is way exhausting. Gained insight into what my parents went through when I was a baby. Not fun, but what ya gonna do? (Read comics, obviously.)

Wally 'Ginger' West fan

I can imagine for those who carried over from Peter Davison-Colin Baker, but I'm mostly talking about New Who when it comes to the trio of David Tennant, Matt Smith, and Peter Capaldi.

Which is why I like to think that Moffat putting in that bit in Deep Breath about the Doctor not being a romantic is a big middle finger to those folks who won't carry on with Capaldi because "he's not a hearthrob".
    He isn't? I thought he looks quite dashing---especially in the 'magicians' coat. Granted, I prefer him with the shorter hair rather than the longer, curly style, but that's me.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyer View Post
    Seriously?
    Two days ago was NuWho's Tenth Anniversary and they didn't do anything save have Capaldi cut a Tardis cake at the Doctor Who Experience in London?
    Surely they did more than that?
    Well, to be fair, the show celebrated its' 50th just last year, sure, so few anniversaries for it bigger than that.

I suppose they could plan something for Series 10, but yeah, considering that they just came of the 50th as a whole, the 10th of New Who wouldn't be drawing in as many folks. But yeah, if there will be something big, it could be for Series 10 as the 10th season of New Who.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyer View Post
    He isn't? I thought he looks quite dashing---especially in the 'magicians' coat. Granted, I prefer him with the shorter hair rather than the longer, curly style, but that's me.
    I don't know if you're being genuine or not, but, if so, good on ya.

I actually thought to myself, sure, who's to say Twelve isn't attractive, good looking, or a heart throb, in his own, different way?

Each to their own, in that, you know.

I suppose they could plan something for Series 10, but yeah, considering that they just came of the 50th as a whole, the 10th of New Who wouldn't be drawing in as many folks. But yeah, if there will be something big, it could be for Series 10 as the 10th season of New Who.
    Love if that featured a crossover between 10, 11 and 12, would you?

Would be neat, yeah, though of course it would be even better if 9 was involved too. Which of course would bring us to the bigger issue: If they can get them back again.

Would be neat, yeah, though of course it would be even better if 9 was involved too. Which of course would bring us to the bigger issue: If they can get them back again.
    Chris, David and Matt, or...?

Least there's the comic crossover, to be sure, but still, love to see Twelve interact with a past Doctor.

Retired

These Saturdays I watch one episode of the original series each week. It's slow going and I'm still early on in the Hartnell run, but I'm reminded that there was still an educational purpose to DOCTOR WHO. You learned things about history and science by watching it. And I was wondering if the new series still does that. Are there facts we pick up by watching the more recent adventures of the Doctor? I guess the stuff with Clara and Danny and the kids in their classrooms sometimes might have done that. I wonder if kids watching DW are learning anything.

Eccleston, Tennant and Smith.
    -------------------------
    Ooh, better watch what you say. Some of the more....zealous...fans would be offended at the very idea that their beloved Doctor Who is supposed to appeal to kids too.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    These Saturdays I watch one episode of the original series each week. It's slow going and I'm still early on in the Hartnell run, but I'm reminded that there was still an educational purpose to DOCTOR WHO. You learned things about history and science by watching it. And I was wondering if the new series still does that. Are there facts we pick up by watching the more recent adventures of the Doctor? I guess the stuff with Clara and Danny and the kids in their classrooms sometimes might have done that. I wonder if kids watching DW are learning anything.
    I'm sure there are, but more moral, philosophical lessons, character ones, rather than historical.

To learn, even if believing that someone bad could change and be good turned out badly, that the trying mattered, and that, in itself, was good.

Into the Dalek, there.

Or, to learn a sense of your own identity, reaffirm who you are, even if you're offered a tempting, golden ticket to win the day.

Season 8 finale, there.

That's what I think, anyway, but, probably Ooder stuff too.

Eccleston, Tennant and Smith.
    -------------------------
    Ooh, better watch what you say. Some of the more....zealous...fans would be offended at the very idea that their beloved Doctor Who is supposed to appeal to kids too.
    Out of interest, would you like that crossover to include those three, and 12, too, or just those, with Twelve to the side?

Would be great if it was done in the style of The Three Doctors, where they all got equal screentime and had their importance. Now sure 1's role was pushed to the side because of Hartnell's ill health, but he still had an important role in dishing out info and had such a big presence.

I feel the comic crossover, as excited as I am for it, loses massive points for not allowing 9 to be there front and center with 10, 11 and 12. It's not as if comics are shackled by TV production woes, so they should do whatever the heck they want. But as far as a TV crossover goes, it would be more realistic to expect that it would just be 10, 11 and 12.