Page 120 of 376 FirstFirst ... 2070110116117118119120121122123124130170220 ... LastLast
Results 1,786 to 1,800 of 5626
    Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

It didn't even hit me till now that all of PKJ's run so far has just been set up till this big event that's about to happen, really excited to see how everything plays out from here. I am wondering if it'll still be happening in September or if it's been pushed to October.

Quote Originally Posted by Superlad93 View Post
    Was going to keep this to myself, but in light of the new cover for Action Comics #1035 this has now gone from a theory to the most likely situation.

Anyways, he's the cover for Justice League #68

In light of Jon becoming full time Superman, Clark leaving, and Batman suggesting that Jon join the League because of his climbing power levels, this cover seems to be that moment happening. The League welcoming its new Superman, and Clark being there to hand off the keys to him (like he'll later do with the Fortress in Son of Superman)

Why would it be Jon they're welcoming? Well, it's not Naomi (she's right there), it's not Wonder Mom (she's right there), and it's not Black Adam (he's right there). Given the fact that the arc right after Naomi's is a United Planets arc where they question if there can still be a UP, and Jon is the founder, chances seem very good that it's him.

Also, this is an seems to be an inversion of this cover for Legion]
    Oooh, I really like this theory. Nice catch!

Quote Originally Posted by Yoda View Post
    Taylor has said she’ll have a big role in Jon’s life going forward. He loves Lois and I think she’s in good hands with him. He’s been dying to write the “real” Lois and this is probably his best chance.
    He brought her back as Red Tornado in E2, we’ll see how he views her influence on Jon soon.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    Oooh, I really like this theory. Nice catch!
    Thanks!

You know what's interesting? Future State Superman/Wonder Woman becomes more and more relevant as info comes out. First it was Taylor talking about how Jon will be dealing with government inaction regarding the climate crisis. This is directly referenced by Jon in SM/WW issue #2 as one of the big issues the Earth and its people faced when he and Yara were starting out as Superman and Wonder Woman. Now Bendis' Justice League is dealing with corruption in the United Planets. This is stated to be why Yara leaves the Justice League in SM/WW #2.

Also I'm fully prepared for a Justice League and Legion team up.
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

BANNED

I cannot wait to watch teen Jon sink the justice league book like he did the legion book

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    He brought her back as Red Tornado in E2, we’ll see how he views her influence on Jon soon.
    He’s at least saying the right things.

121DC0F6-563C-4C77-952A-096E775D829A.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Yoda View Post
    He’s at least saying the right things.

121DC0F6-563C-4C77-952A-096E775D829A.jpg
    So was PKJ when he said the entire Superman office loves Jon, even though they seem to be ignoring what made people fall in love with him in the first place.

I'll wait for concrete, on-the-page depictions of what he claims.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Thanks!

You know what's interesting? Future State Superman/Wonder Woman becomes more and more relevant as info comes out. First it was Taylor talking about how Jon will be dealing with government inaction regarding the climate crisis. This is directly referenced by Jon in SM/WW issue #2 as one of the big issues the Earth and its people faced when he and Yara were starting out as Superman and Wonder Woman. Now Bendis' Justice League is dealing with corruption in the United Planets. This is stated to be why Yara leaves the Justice League in SM/WW #2.

It really is a shame Dan Watters didn’t get more work after he wrote Jon so well in future state, And I’m glad to see the editors making sure more content from future state continues to be relevant, even the smaller details.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by garazza View Post
    So was PKJ when he said the entire Superman office loves Jon, even though they seem to be ignoring what made people fall in love with him in the first place.

I'll wait for concrete, on-the-page depictions of what he claims.
    What exactly is that?age?? Please???PKJ from my viewpoint has been doing great work so far...
    Thanks!

ww took on government inaction.not jon.I hope they use superman of metropolis template..i don't particularly care for the sky father thing in superman.why make jon into a modern superman clone?I hope even if they decide to do those corruption stories.They don't have the characterisat ion.
    Last edited by manwhohaseverything; 06-12-2021 at 09:38 PM.
    "People’s Dreams... Have No Ends"

Fantastic Member oneveryfineday's Avatar

I don’t think Sampere, Lucas and Sanchez can blow me away any more than I already am with their art, but each time they exceed my expectations. Just stellar work. Not to mention we’ll get Mikel Janin for Superman and the Authority too? I feel spoiled.

Really interested in seeing PKJ put Jon through the emotional ringer here since Bendis didn’t show any emotional consequences in his run *cough* but also balanced with SSoKE’s presumably lighter tone. Which, by the way, it seems like Jon is once more proving himself to be Clark’s clone by being published as Superboy and Superman at the same time Also thanks Superlad for sharing the JL cover.

I like that Taylor acknowledged that Lois is a hero in her own right and is just as influential in raising her son. Aren’t Lois and Jon supposed to talk in the next issue of AC? They don’t get as much one-on-one time as they should and I’m looking forward to that.

Quote Originally Posted by oneveryfineday View Post
    Really interested in seeing PKJ put Jon through the emotional ringer here since Bendis didn’t show any emotional consequences in his run *cough* but also balanced with SSoKE’s presumably lighter tone. Which, by the way, it seems like Jon is once more proving himself to be Clark’s clone by being published as Superboy and Superman at the same time Also thanks Superlad for sharing the JL cover.
    taking influences from the ip's past that isn't being used by the ip anymore is just utilising potential that being thrown away.for instance,the keys of war world story..there are tons of storylines and other things that are underutilised...Doing that is not making a clone.especially since mainstream or "classic" superman himself,his personality,lenses through which he is viewed is different..These guys don't dig deep enough in general.They go back to donner or byrne.why?beats me..That said,i like to read the prankster superboy stories by jerry siegel.Sounds like my kinda kid...Jon is just mischievous adventurer along with his partner damian...

Fantastic Member oneveryfineday's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    taking influences from the ip's past that isn't being used by the ip anymore is just utilising potential that being thrown away.for instance,the keys of war world story..there are tons of storylines and other things that are underutilised...Doing that is not making a clone.especially since mainstream or "classic" superman himself,his personality,lenses through which he is viewed is different..These guys don't dig deep enough in general.They go back to donner or byrne.why?beats me..That said,i like to read the prankster superboy stories by jerry siegel.Sounds like my kinda kid...Jon is just mischievous adventurer along with his partner damian...
    ‘Tis only a joke about Clark’s pre-Crisis publication history when he was published as Superman and Superboy simultaneously. Led to some continuity shenanigans. It’s just a coincidence that Jon will be Superboy and Superman sort of at the same time too, but that will only last a couple months anyway, that’s all.

Though I still don’t get why the timeline for the current arc is as convoluted as it is *shrug*

Quote Originally Posted by kryptonian View Post
    I cannot wait to watch teen Jon sink the justice league book like he did the legion book
    Keep telling yourself that. The LoSH didn't sell well enough because of poozers like you who never gave it a chance.

And keep telling yourself that kid Jon was ever popular. He wasn't. Supersons sold because it aped Damian's popularity and it did so by ruining the Son of Batman to prop up kid Jon, because it was the only way this version of the character could ever sell even a little.

Justice League with Jon as Superman will keep selling well enough.

Legion hasn't sold well in ages..I wonder how they view new reboot..the company,i mean..Regardless, bendis's dialogue,characterisation and his voice for jon isn't for me.That said,i liked the world building and the issue where jon brought "dictator" damian to the future.I wonder if that's gonna be expanded on.Also,damian was aping of other batcharacter.Batman has continuously bullied superman..It was breath of freash air that finally they allowed a superman character to have the balls to say "eff! this".
    Last edited by manwhohaseverything; 06-12-2021 at 11:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    It really is a shame Dan Watters didn’t get more work after he wrote Jon so well in future state, And I’m glad to see the editors making sure more content from future state continues to be relevant, even the smaller details.
    Watters has been doing some other stories here and there like the Infinite Frontier Secret Files series, Red & Blue, and I think some more stories elsewhere? I have hope he’ll be given more work because as you say, he did a really good job working within the limits he did. He and Thomas are who I would like to see get proper runs on Superman or do more work with the character elsewhere.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Looking at sales trends it does look very possible that Jon's book is going to be the flagship book of Superman's franchise. I prefer teen Jon so thats not a very pleasant thought.