Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    What exactly has been the benefit of connecting the movies and TV shows? The two best TV shows (Jessica Jones and Daredevil) have nothing to do with the movies beyond referencing the events of the Avengers. Agents of SHIELD is completely ignored by the films, and with the exception of Nick Fury, none of the major characters have appeared on it.

The restrictions are absolutely stupid on WB's part (I'm sure audiences are smart enough to parse that the Deadshot in the movies is not the same one on the TV show), but I've yet to see anything indicating why Marvel's method for the TV shows is better.
    Agreed.

I like the actors in the show, but Agents of Shield is a passenger in their own canon, a bystander in their own show. At least Arrow can choose it's own (sucky) path.

DC's embargo's are weird. I just don't see the point of forcing the TV side to kill-off or sideline character/ideas just because the movie side is doing something, given they're different continuities with different audiences. Especially when they keep advertising the idea of the live-action properties all being a Multiverse.

Not that Marvel is much better given the major disconnect between the shows and the movies.

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    While I do think it's foolish to scuttle TV depictions for the sake of movie depictions...I think it's worked out best for the Suicide Squad.

I mean, for f**k's sake, Arrow's Amanda Waller was willing to shoot down a passenger plane just to kill one person. That's cartoon villainy right there. And Deadshot? Rather than having a tragic family situation, he's powered by PTSD!

In principle, scuttling characters because of an upcoming movie is dumb. But given the poor execution by Arrow writers, it's no loss.
    But he did have a tragic family situation, because of his PTSD.

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    Classic case of "Grass is greener on the other side".
    And how!

Look, it may be my gargantuan fatigue with the whole Arrow show that is typing at the keyboard right now, but the least desirable thing I could conceive for the future of the DCEU (at least in my book) is the introduction of synergy between the TV shows and the movies. Not only that, right from the first episode when the small-screen Suicide Squad was introduced (therefore, before both the embargo and my change of attitude towards the show) I was wholly unsatisfied by a roster, operatives AND leader, where the character I found the most compelling was Clock King. I can't say I didn't enjoy the HQ cameo and the interactions between Cupid and Deadshot later on but that's it.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Powertool View Post
    And how!

Look, it may be my gargantuan fatigue with the whole Arrow show that is typing at the keyboard right now, but the least desirable thing I could conceive for the future of the DCEU (at least in my book) is the introduction of synergy between the TV shows and the movies. Not only that, right from the first episode when the small-screen Suicide Squad was introduced (therefore, before both the embargo and my change of attitude towards the show) I was wholly unsatisfied by a roster, operatives AND leader, where the character I found the most compelling was Clock King. I can't say I didn't enjoy the HQ cameo and the interactions between Cupid and Deadshot later on but that's it.
    Bingo this version of Amanda Waller was bad, just plain boring, Cupid was a wannabe Harley. Arrow has flunked characters left and right even ones that are important to the mythos as well as those that have nothing to do with Green Arrow. People who are quick to jump on WB should remember that synergy with CW verse= accepting terrible and butchered versions of Huntress, Black Canary, Ra's & the League. Those praising Marvel method should remember that tv guys dont make it to the movies and vice versa nor does Marvel allow the tv side to just access any character they like. You wont be seeing Downey/Iron Man on a MCU show any time soon.

Amazing Member

SAUCY GIRL! I hope she doesn't get in trouble for those comments. I'll be honest. If DC is so dead set against having their Movies and TV shows related, why are they so scared of letting a TV Suicide Squad exist? If Flash can exist in both why not Suicide Squad on ARROW, or Superman on SUPERGIRL? Shouldn't it be the more exposure for these characters the better?

Spectacular Member Knightmare10880's Avatar

This nothing new with DC and their media adaptations, they famously had the legendary "Bat-Embargo" during the late 90's and early 2000's and it still makes no sense to me at all if you say that you're not going to have Grant Gustin as the Flash as the movie and TV shows are going to be two separate entities then do that, don't kill off characters that are on the shows that are also going to be on the movies as well and if they are going to be separate than let the TV Show universe have it's own Superman,Batman and Wonder Woman as well.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Ducey13 View Post
    SAUCY GIRL! I hope she doesn't get in trouble for those comments. I'll be honest. If DC is so dead set against having their Movies and TV shows related, why are they so scared of letting a TV Suicide Squad exist? If Flash can exist in both why not Suicide Squad on ARROW, or Superman on SUPERGIRL? Shouldn't it be the more exposure for these characters the better?
    You're kidding right? look at the CW/Grant Gustin fans always looking for an excuse to tear movie Flash even though the Flash has not been hit by ANY restrictions yet and I'm not sure if you remember the Routh vs Welling years. Embargos' are dumb in many cases but here they are justified.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    But he did have a tragic family situation, because of his PTSD.
    Which isn't cliche at all!

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkgirl View Post
    The source is The Mirror, a UK tabloid which commonly fabricates interviews. So unless this is sourced elsewhere, I wouldn't believe these comments came from her.
    You're saying the video of her saying all of that is a fake? Wow The Mirror has a massive budget for realistic CGI video of Willa Holland saying all that? 😂😂

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    Lol forget it. The divide between Kevin Feige and Ike Perlmutter ensure the movies will never acknowledge the shows. Sometimes the movies go out of their way not to acknowledge the shows even when it makes sense. It's why I find the whole "MCU structure is better because the movies and shows are connected" reasoning amusing because it is basically just a one way connection. What she is suggesting here (the tv characters appearing on the movies) is not going to happen in the MCU in the foreseeable future as well. Classic case of "Grass is greener on the other side".
    THen Ike Perlmutter either needs to be fired or they need to reign him in for the MCU to flourish.

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

Someone needs to remind these young actresses like Willa Holland and Chloe Bennett that studio heads have long memories and cute young girls are a dime a dozen in Hollywood. Especailly for an actress who's whole carreer has been mostly on the CW.

I'm at least a C-Lister! exile001's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by andersfurby View Post
    You're saying the video of her saying all of that is a fake? Wow The Mirror has a massive budget for realistic CGI video of Willa Holland saying all that? ����
    To be fair, if this came from "The Sun" I'd probably believe the video to be fake. Lol
    "Has Sariel summoned you here, Azrael? Have you come to witness the miracle of your brethren arriving on Earth?"

"I WILL MIX THE ASHES OF YOUR BONES WITH SALT AND USE THEM TO ENSURE THE EARTH THE TEMPLARS TILLED NEVER BEARS FRUIT AGAIN!"

"*sigh* I hoped it was for the miracle."

Dan Watters' Azrael was incredible, a constant delight and perhaps too good for this world (but not the Forth). For the love of St. Dumas, DC, give us more!!!

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cmbmool View Post
    THen Ike Perlmutter either needs to be fired or they need to reign him in for the MCU to flourish.
    1) You can't fire Disney's third(?) largest shareholder.

2) He's not involved with film anymore.

3) You don't think the MCU has flourished? I have as much disdain for the guy as anyone, but without his penny-pinching, the whole thing might have not gotten off the ground at all.
    I write about the intersection of science, comics and culture. Check it out!

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by darkseidpwns View Post
    Bingo this version of Amanda Waller was bad, just plain boring, Cupid was a wannabe Harley. Arrow has flunked characters left and right even ones that are important to the mythos as well as those that have nothing to do with Green Arrow. People who are quick to jump on WB should remember that synergy with CW verse= accepting terrible and butchered versions of Huntress, Black Canary, Ra's & the League. Those praising Marvel method should remember that tv guys dont make it to the movies and vice versa nor does Marvel allow the tv side to just access any character they like. You wont be seeing Downey/Iron Man on a MCU show any time soon.
    That guy gets it.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkgirl View Post
    The source is The Mirror, a UK tabloid which commonly fabricates interviews. So unless this is sourced elsewhere, I wouldn't believe these comments came from her.
    http://www.mirror.co.uk/tv/arrows-wi...ts-out-8079268

As sources for quotes go, I think this passes muster.

Always read the original article, not just the tiny bits CBRnews quotes from it.