Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    Lol forget it. The divide between Kevin Feige and Ike Perlmutter ensure the movies will never acknowledge the shows. Sometimes the movies go out of their way not to acknowledge the shows even when it makes sense. It's why I find the whole "MCU structure is better because the movies and shows are connected" reasoning amusing because it is basically just a one way connection. What she is suggesting here (the tv characters appearing on the movies) is not going to happen in the MCU in the foreseeable future as well. Classic case of "Grass is greener on the other side".
    Haley Atwell was Peggy Carter/Agent Carter in the movies Captain America: The First Avenger, Captain America: The Winter Soldier, Avengers: Age of Ultron, and Ant-Man, the direct to video movie Agent Carter, as well as the TV shows Marvel's Agents of SHIELD and Marvel's Agent Carter.

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    I agree with this. Keep the universes separate, but allow different versions of the characters to exist. It actually adds to exposure and helps strengthen different franchises. They used to do it in the 90's with the same characters appearing in the Batman films and the animated series at the same time, which helped a lot in making them incredibly popular. In the 00's however, WB invented some weird embargo that stated characters not appear in film and television at the same time. The first instance of this was when they didn't allow Scarecrow, Ra's Al Ghul and Two-Face to appear on The Batman animated show because they were appearing in Batman Begins and The Dark Knight. However, the Joker was allowed... so I guess the embargo works for only lesser known characters (who actually need the exposure more)? Weird.
    There was never a live action Batman on TV since Adam West was Batman except for a cameo appearance on Birds of Prey though. And Lois & Clark was the last time Superman has been on TV other than at the very end of Smallville and Superman's boots on the TV show Supergirl. (joke, but really just a few cameos and we never see his face.) All we have gotten is a kid version of Bruce Wayne and Kal-El on TV.
    I don't think cartoons count because only a six year old would confuse a live action version with a cartoon version of a character. Or so the thinking of the movie makers goes.

She's right. DC's explanation/excuse for not having a shared live action universe is that it allows more freedom for their shows and movies, but it's clearly not the case.
    If they don't want a shared universe, they should just allow each universe to do its own thing without worrying if there will be another version of the same character elsewhere.
    Of course, there's the big issue of quality. CW's shows are pretty mediocre, so it's probably the real reason the movie people don't want anything to do with it, but it's not like the movies are much better (or better at all).

BANNED

The Arrow Suicide Squad was mostly crap, so no great loss.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by chamber-music View Post
    I'm glad they aren't connected. I don't want to see Amell's terrible attempts at acting in the movies and I doubt many people watching these blockbuster movies is interested in Felicity's family drama. I think CW and DCEU benefit from being free from each other's continuity.

You here fans of AoS complain a lot about the lack of acknowledgment in the films about events in the show often.

Obviously all these TV actors want big checks and publicity starring in blockbuster feature film versions but studios don't owe them the movie role.
    I have to admit some of these CW actors like Holland have balls on them for being such disloyal employes. WB/DC gave them jobs despite their cringe worthy acting. WB/DC were kind enough to give them jobs and thats how they repay them. I cannot imagine myself being a backstabbing traitor like that. Thats why I like Ben Affleck so much. We know he did not like the reception Batman v Superman got from the critics but he did not openly threw under the bus his bosses. A true professional. Heck, I have problems with how my bosses do things at my workplace but you will never see me taking shots at them in the public. Whats wrong with some of these CW actors anyway ?

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    She's right. DC's explanation/excuse for not having a shared live action universe is that it allows more freedom for their shows and movies, but it's clearly not the case.
    If they don't want a shared universe, they should just allow each universe to do its own thing without worrying if there will be another version of the same character elsewhere.
    Of course, there's the big issue of quality. CW's shows are pretty mediocre, so it's probably the real reason the movie people don't want anything to do with it, but it's not like the movies are much better (or better at all).
    Well TBH people are already complaining about two Flashes and how one will be compared to the other. It appears that both TV universes are feeling some oats. First Chloe Bennett, and now Willa Holland

Quote Originally Posted by eckesg1 View Post
    Well TBH people are already complaining about two Flashes and how one will be compared to the other. It appears that both TV universes are feeling some oats. First Chloe Bennett, and now Willa Holland
    Also Tom Cavanagh was chiding Snyder's decision to not even give Grant Gustin the opportunity to audition for the role of the movie Flash.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by TheDarkKnightReturns View Post
    Come to think of it, you are so right guys. She speaks openly like that because she knows WB is done with her. What a loser attitude regardless. If you are going to get fired at least do it with honor and dignity. Otherwise, who is going to employ her in the future ?
    I dont think WB could care less about Thea, if she's taking a bullet then that's down to Guggy. Willia should consider herself lucky to be playing a character who is Ollie's sister, if she was something else then the Olcity psychos would have ensured her demise. They were pissed as it is about Oliver telling her about his son before Felicity. Why these Arrow guys refuse to acknowledge the real problems is beyond me. Amell, Guggy, Cobourn, Sokolowski etc just double on Olcity love on social media and hush up those who are critical, with that attitude from the shows lead, showrunner and head writers Willia shouldn't complain about WB.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Osiris-Rex View Post
    Also Tom Cavanagh was chiding Snyder's decision to not even give Grant Gustin the opportunity to audition for the role of the movie Flash.
    Had Snyder done that then Cavanagh would have chided Snyder for not giving Amell a chance to play GA on the big screen and then he would have chided Snyder for not allowing him to audition as Eobard Thawne and then he would have chided him for not acknowledging the CW and so on the chiding would have continued.
    Ultimately this has less to do with Suicide Squad or a bunch of characters that were embargoed and pretty much everything to do with not getting movie contracts, that's what it all boils down to. Am I really supposed to believe that Holland cares about Deadshot so much?
    Last edited by darkseidpwns; 05-30-2016 at 12:28 PM.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by darkseidpwns View Post
    Had Snyder done that then Cavanagh would have chided Snyder for not giving Amell a chance to play GA on the big screen and then he would have chided Snyder for not allowing him to audition as Eobard Thawne and then he would have chided him for not acknowledging the CW and so on the chiding would have continued.
    Ultimately this has less to do with Suicide Squad or a bunch of characters that were embargoed and pretty much everything to do with not getting movie contracts, that's what it all boils down to. Am I really supposed to believe that Holland cares about Deadshot so much?
    You sir are a really but really smart man.

Incredible Member

I dont think WB could care less about Thea, if she's taking a bullet then that's down to Guggy. Willia should consider herself lucky to be playing a character who is Ollie's sister, if she was something else then the Olcity psychos would have ensured her demise. They were pissed as it is about Oliver telling her about his son before Felicity. Why these Arrow guys refuse to acknowledge the real problems is beyond me. Amell, Guggy, Cobourn, Sokolowski etc just double on Olcity love on social media and hush up those who are critical, with that attitude from the shows lead, showrunner and head writers Willia shouldn't complain about WB.
    They refuse to acknowledge the real problems because its what hacks do best. Put the blame on others so they can save face. They are cowards. Meanwhile a hack like Marc Guggenheim is well protected by the likes of Holland and other illogical Arrow fanboys. But I am glad that a vast majority of people are not fooled by this.
    Last edited by TheDarkKnightReturns; 05-30-2016 at 12:39 PM.

BANNED

You sir are a really but really smart man.
    Yeah, I mean its obvious how all these comments from the CW actors end with pushing Gustin for the role of movie Flash and Amell for movie GA. The Suicide Squad thing is merely a veil, they had 3 fricking seasons to do something with Deadshot and 2 with Waller , the only thing they ever did with Waller was bring her to drone something and Deadshot was reduced to being part of Diggle's non existent token story. They killed off Shrapnel and Bronze Tiger out of their own volition and they still have Cupid, it's really just an agenda for big screen contracts.

Mighty Member

Arrow makes BvS look good right now. The way it is going it may soon make FF2015 look good. The WB was right to pull the SS.

Extraordinary Member

Marvel single movie, TV universe is a joke.
    I don't think it's is a joke.
    It is not a joke.
    Last edited by mace11; 05-30-2016 at 12:46 PM.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by regnak View Post
    Arrow makes BvS look good right now. The way it is going it may soon make FF2015 look good. The WB was right to pull the SS.
    Batman V Superman is a masterpiece compared to Arrow. Thats how low Arrow has become.

You missed my point. I was referring to the comment by eckesg1 "It appears that both TV universes are feeling some oats. First Chloe Bennett, and now Willa Holland"
    That other people are speaking out too.