Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Astonishing Member Celestialbodies's Avatar

Yes, the X-men are never truly demonstrated as the force they should be, various groups are able to match the diverse gifts, innate talents, and genuine of the mutants as a whole way too often!

The Infinity event from a few years back was a good example of this!

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by WallStreeter View Post
    The XMen these days are mostly into internal mutant politics. So there are almost lo mutant villains per say. We just get to see competing mutant interests.

With all the extinct threats to mutants in the 21st century it made no sense for the XMen to fight Magneto, Apocalypse, Sinister, Mystique, or Exodus. Non mutants became their biggest threats.

I have always thought the XMen were their best when everyone was against them, including vampires, gods, aliens, Inhumans, sentinels, crazy humans, demons,etc.
    What is interesting about Krakoa, from a human perspective ('cause, at the end of the day, I am one), is that the Krakoan amnesty means that people like those you list, Magneto, Apocalypse, Exodus, Selene, who have, historically, been verybadnogood for humans, killing anywhere from hundreds to perhaps hundreds of thousands of them, are now off on some island (or Mars!) politicking amongst themselves. Yeah, new country with legal status to bicker about, but *Magneto's not attacking army bases or sinking subs*, so, yes, please, stay over there on your island and do your mutant thing!

Realpolitick. This new status quo is better for everyone, for now. (Maybe someday, a Martin Luther King-like reality where little mutant boys and little human boys can drink from the same water fountains, and mutants don't have to be ghetto-ed off to their own mutant-only-zone, will be a reality, but it sure doesn't seem to be working *right now.*)

Oh, oh, they terraformed Mars! Without asking us! (Uh, do we own it? Were we using it for anything? I mean, really, who gives a crap? Terraform Venus while you're at it! Y'all having a bunch of other places to live (which, technically, you already did, between Lila's Dyson sphere and Ilyanna's personal dimension and a half-dozen other options...) is only a plus, since that increases the likelihood that your radioactive fire-breathing butt isn't going to live next door to *me.*)

where are the real villains in the x-men world?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    where are the real villains in the x-men world?
    The writers, obviously, seeing as they keep radicalising and baiting the readership to the point that soon enough the only crossover X-Fans will want with Marvel is all the non-X(or Spidey) characters that can’t be retconned into mutants being lined up kneeling in front of a ditch for permanent execution

Quote Originally Posted by king of hybrids View Post
    The writers, obviously, seeing as they keep radicalising and baiting the readership to the point that soon enough the only crossover X-Fans will want with Marvel is all the non-X(or Spidey) characters that can’t be retconned into mutants being lined up kneeling in front of a ditch for permanent execution
    Over exaggerating much.
    The Krakoans are EEEvil!

THEY MUST BE STOPPED!

They definitely should stop, especially now that mutants are a nation. Other than the fact that these event books are dumb and over bloated, in order for the conflict to make any sense the opponents should be another superpowered nation of comparable size. Right now there’s been like 5 named Eternals in this “war” and 4 of them are Kaijus. The mutants have so many combatants even without Arakko that it makes it really difficult to write a believable large scale conflict.
    Last edited by Kingdom X; 08-14-2022 at 12:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    it's really always the other way around. they keep pitting other teams against mutants and yes it should stop. name one event that started in the x-office that ended up in a vs.
    Onslaught.

registration didn't happen here but led to civil war,
    The X-Men stayed out of Civil War entirely which is were registration originated. It was barely addressed in the X-books.

heck even the return of phoenix didn't occur in the x-books it happened in avengers and resulted in A vs. X.
    What are you talking about? The Phoenix was either appearing or being referenced in X-books before A v X.

Ahhh onslaught. Yes! which didn't end in a versus but rather all the human heroes sacrificing themselves in a super heroic fashion.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Quote Originally Posted by WallStreeter View Post
    I love it when it’s the mutants versus everyone else. So no.
    X-men vs. Errrbody
    “Not as good as I once was… but I’m as good, once, as I ever was.”

The next event should totally be Krakoa declaring war on the Power Pack.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099 View Post
    Seriously?

I disagree. The next event should be Krakoa vs. the Great Lake Avengers.

First Squirrel Girl claimed to be a mutant when she was not, which is blantently cultural appropriation, made worse when the GLA dared to call themself Great Lake X-men which was a clear copyright infringement.

And then there is the whole thing with Mr. Immortal who dares to consider himself above mutants calling himself Homo Supreme (not to forget some of the QC being jelly because he is functional immortal for real, rather than the artifical kind Krakoa has/had).

So yeah X vs. GLA should be the next big 3 month lasting mega event with 69 tie in issues.

Ahhh onslaught. Yes! which didn't end in a versus but rather all the human heroes sacrificing themselves in a super heroic fashion.
    You're right. A better example would be the Kings of Pain event from the 90s which started out in X-Force and spilled over into New Warriors which had the two teams fight.

Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099 View Post
    Or the Champions. Anything that'll let me see the x-men beating up children.

But I was told that the rest of Marvel’s heroes never help the mutants
    Last edited by ARkadelphia; 08-15-2022 at 05:56 PM.
    “The Avengers have been the one point of stability in my entire life. And if The Avengers call… then The Scarlet Witch will always answer.”

Quote Originally Posted by ARkadelphia View Post
    But I was tod that the rest of Marvel’s heroes never help the mutants
    You got one guyed. You'll get over it.
    The Krakoans are EEEvil!

THEY MUST BE STOPPED!