Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default How durable and invulnerable should Diana be?

Diana has been shown to take beatings but how would you want to rank it?

Invulnerability to fire.
    Trade blows with Superman, survive a fall from the atmosphere.
    Resist cold and electricity.
    Bullet-proof (small arms fire), but it's annoying.

Quote Originally Posted by Tangent Man View Post
    Invulnerability to fire.
    Trade blows with Superman, survive a fall from the atmosphere.
    Resist cold and electricity.
    Bullet-proof (small arms fire), but it's annoying.
    So machine bullets bruise her? Also where should her resists to magic be.

Hmmm. I don't want her to be too invulnerable. Why have bullet-deflecting bracelets if she cannot be killed by artillery? I mean, at least armor-piercing ammunition should kill Diana if it hits her brain or vital organs.
    Fav Wonder Woman traits: Strength, Compassion, Love...never holds a petty grudge. Xo

I don't care for a story she is not bulletproof. What we've seen so far in the nu52 is fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Top Carnivore View Post
    Hmmm. I don't want her to be too invulnerable. Why have bullet-deflecting bracelets if she cannot be killed by artillery? I mean, at least armor-piercing ammunition should kill Diana if it hits her brain or vital organs.
    She should have died in SMWW #1 then.
    "It is the dawn that brings the pain, the night that brings the dream."

"Come find me when you wake up."

Incredible Member Amazon Swordsman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SofNascimento View Post
    I don't care for a story she is not bulletproof. What we've seen so far in the nu52 is fine.

That sounds like a fragile WW. Can you post examples of N52 Diana showing great endurance, specifically from azz's book?

How about this she is to common bullets very invulnerable but not the same has Superman they are able to annoy her. They can leave marks. I feel that what can kill her shouldn't be normal weapons. They can damage her and seriously wound her.

Incredible Member Amazon Swordsman's Avatar

She shouldn't be killed by blunt force from even bullets, her skin should be too dense for that. If something is sharp enough, or fast enough to pass her bracelets, it should be enough to make her bleed, not kill her, not even pass through her.

I want her bullet-proof, completely bullet-proof, just say that bullets distract her, that's why she has bracers.

I think it'd be cool to have it so whenever the lasso of truth is with her, she is completely immune to mind control, illusions and the like, because it helps her see the truth and whatnot, but even without it she's a bit harder to breach than regular people without any mental defences, cause she's all about truth, so that'd be cool, like without the Lasso, Dr. Psycho could get in her mind but not without a fight.

Quote Originally Posted by Step View Post
    I want her bullet-proof, completely bullet-proof, just say that bullets distract her, that's why she has bracers.

I think it'd be cool to have it so whenever the lasso of truth is with her, she is completely immune to mind control, illusions and the like, because it helps her see the truth and whatnot, but even without it she's a bit harder to breach than regular people without any mental defences, cause she's all about truth, so that'd be cool, like without the Lasso, Dr. Psycho could get in her mind but not without a fight.

I agree , I feel that before her amazons training should make her mind more tougher to get into. With the Lasso of Truth it make it impossible. I feel she should be bullet proof because of her training. I like the idea that Diana can make her muscles tough making them dense.

BANNED

Lets just say her enemies carry magical weapons which are powerful enough to hurt her that's why she has bracers. As for the bullets, she deflects them cause its fun.

BANNED

New 52 Wonder Woman's is quite durable against sharp objects, she was the only one not bleeding when caught in teeth storm of enchantress.

Quote Originally Posted by Raiden View Post
    Lets just say her enemies carry magical weapons which are powerful enough to hurt her that's why she has bracers. As for the bullets, she deflects them cause its fun.
    Well yeah sure, that's what Gail Simone did in her Circle arc to explain how an arrow could pierce her skin, magic and that was cool, do any of her enemies even use guns?

Well yeah sure, that's what Gail Simone did in her Circle arc to explain how an arrow could pierce her skin, magic and that was cool, do any of her enemies even use guns?

No. It's magic, claws, ice beams but not many bullets anymore. Poison. Has someone is the pervious one stated poison should affected her since she still needs to breath. Also what about Blue Snow? I mean if she is resist to cold blue snow can't harm Diana

Quote Originally Posted by SofNascimento View Post
    Not to mention she survived the nuclear explosion in SM/WW #6...which I didn't care for. The thing about a character being too invulnerable is it makes them sort of boring. No element of danger. Now, I'm fine if normal bullets only wound her, but not kill her. But armor-piercing ammunition that can shred through Kevlar should at least have a chance of killing her. For me, it's Diana's lifelong training and warrior skills that keep her alive, not any invulnerability factor.
    Fav Wonder Woman traits: Strength, Compassion, Love...never holds a petty grudge. Xo