Page 651 of 750 FirstFirst ... 151551601641647648649650651652653654655661701 ... LastLast
Results 9,751 to 9,765 of 11243

Quote Originally Posted by Celtic1967 View Post
    You mean this for the other guy who was badmouthing the Big 2?

Regardless, I appreciate a writer actually coming to fan forums and promoting their work while respectfully interacting with fans. It's nice to see.
    what other guy? I was responding to you all and your feelings about the current state of BP.

I'm a comics fan too. Any book I'm not writing myself (i.e. that's nearly all comic books) puts me in the audience, just like anyone else.

I'm just saying, if you're unhappy, some of us are going to make you feel better.

Quote Originally Posted by Chesterfield View Post
    You're missing the point of the post. Look at the context behind the "no one man" bull crap and regarding the rape camps, the fact that T'Challa didn't know about it emphasises that he either knew about it and did nothing or that he's that crap of a protector and leader he was overwhelmingly oblivious to the mess that was going on right under his nose. Either scenario is a false depiction of who the character is and a deliberate act to assassinate T'Challa's character and overall being. There's no middle ground here, just 2 extremes of defecating on one of the most important characters in all of fiction.
    This is a contradictory sentence. T'Challa either knew about it or he didn't and the book makes it clear the latter is the case. Him not knowing about it is a fair criticism to make of the story but saying the book portrays him as a misogynist and supporter of rape is false. If we're going to criticize Coates's writing we should call it out for what actually happens on the page.

Quote Originally Posted by Ekie View Post
    How could a man like tchalla (and ALL of his servants, friends, military ect) possibly be unaware of something like that happening inside his kingdom? Of all the unbelievable things, creatures, and events that happen inside Marvel that's at the top of the list for me
    I'm not defending it, just to be clear.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    This is a contradictory sentence. T'Challa either knew about it or he didn't and the book makes it clear the latter is the case. Him not knowing about it is a fair criticism to make of the story but saying the book portrays him as a misogynist and supporter of rape is false. If we're going to criticize Coates's writing we should call it out for what actually happens on the page.

What happens in the page, this, regarding T'Challa? How many off the page occurances have we the audience been asked to believe and just accept regarding T'Challa? Several.

The sentence you bolded in my post is contradictory, yes; but you need to look at it with the implied context, the same way everyone else was able to. The point was to reflect the intended contradictory characterization of T'Challa. The question you have to ask yourself is, how could he not know about it? Ezyo pointed out how T'Challa moved heaven and earth through hell and high water to investigate a young girl who was killed on the other side of the world in Priest's TC, meanwhile we're supposed to believe Wakanda's protector aka Mr 10 steps ahead is ignorant to a pretty big deal going on in his own small county? Coates can miss me with that nonsense. Coates doesn't have to explicitly spoon feed you what he's communicating. Coates' weak attempt at subliminals is VERY obvious.

Quote Originally Posted by Redjack View Post
    what other guy? I was responding to you all and your feelings about the current state of BP.

I'm a comics fan too. Any book I'm not writing myself (i.e. that's nearly all comic books) puts me in the audience, just like anyone else.

I'm just saying, if you're unhappy, some of us are going to make you feel better.
    My bad. I look forward to checking out your work.
    Wanna make somethin' of it?

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    I know Coates's run has problems, to say the least, but these two aren't any of them. T'Challa is not portrayed as a misogynist nor does he support the rape camps. In fact, he was unaware of them until they were brought to his attention.
    This is true. If anything, T'Challa can be accused and convicted of ignorance.

How would we classify the military branches using Us military branch classifications?
    Who the hell knows man lol.

You have the:

HZ- used to be spy ish then they were bodyguard ish and now they are seemingly maybe elite soldier redshirt ish lol. So they probably started as Navy Seal-ish but now are more just Marines.

Kingsguard- Secret Service. This is easier sense they are newer

regular dudes- army, this the run of the mill militia type redshirts that pop up when wakanda gets attacked

Hodari- Secretary of State/CIA director

T'challa- King Leonidas crossed with Napoleon.

Midnight Angels- Cananda lololol Wakanda: "hey, we are gonna go fight come on" MA- ugh we really don't like you guys but we are so close together I guess we will help"

Chang- some twitter troll
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

How would we classify the military branches using Us military branch classifications?
    Are we basing it off what we have seen in comics or just our own head cannon for fleshing out purposes?

I just wanted to show off my new Avatar. It’s a throwback pic of TChalla with I believe Okoye (Dora) behind him from Priests run.

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    Are we basing it off what we have seen in comics or just our own head cannon for fleshing out purposes?
    I'm going with SWaD as standard reserves/militia. Every person who went through basic military training has gear as seen in that series.

Full time military a combination of army and navy has the green uniform seen in Back to Africa.

HZ, DM, and Public Security(gaurds) as special forces being their own separate branch like a secret service.

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    Who the hell knows man lol.

You have the:

HZ- used to be spy ish then they were bodyguard ish and now they are seemingly maybe elite soldier redshirt ish lol. So they probably started as Navy Seal-ish but now are more just Marines.

Kingsguard- Secret Service. This is easier sense they are newer

regular dudes- army, this the run of the mill militia type redshirts that pop up when wakanda gets attacked

Hodari- Secretary of State/CIA director

T'challa- King Leonidas crossed with Napoleon.

Midnight Angels- Cananda lololol Wakanda: "hey, we are gonna go fight come on" MA- ugh we really don't like you guys but we are so close together I guess we will help"

Chang- some twitter troll
    HZ should be SEALs. Secondary spys

DM secret service/ elite warriors hand picked.

Wakandan Army - catch all. 3 branches Wakandan royal air force. Wakandan navel force. Border defense.

Royal guards are kinda eh to me

Astonishing Member

I'd honestly just follow the MCU with a few adjustments.

HZ- primarily spies and assassins for both domestic and foreign use. Specializing in infiltrations, hacking, and stealth. Like in the movie they're unassuming and masters of disguise, but when needed they can manifest a white, dog-inspired vibranium habit. This gives them the ability to instantaneously turn invisible and move silently. They also double as special ops hitting targets that the king needs put down.

DM- the kingsguard/secret service. A pair of the greatest female warriors from each of the 24 tribes, responsible for protecting the royal family and special ops directly under the king. Bead armour, transforming vibranium spear-guns, operate at their best when in a group (as seen in the movie where 4 Dora put up a fight against KM)

Wakandan Armed Forces- Since Wakanda is landlocked, they don't have a conventional navy and simply have an army and air force (which is completely submersible, like the N'Yami warships) Soldiers have transforming spear-guns, small cloaks that can produce personal energy shields, and small arms. While the army is professional, Wakanda has a mandated training program for all able bodied adults so most everyone can be raised as militia if the situation calls for it. Ideally this militia would be shown to have local differences, so the Border Tribe would be shown to be with heavier armor, the River Tribe could have more aquatic enhancements. The armed forces would also have special divisions for superpowered Wakandans (vibranium mutates, loyal mutants, Inhumans, etc.) and Panther Cult warrior-magicians.

Royal Guards- don't need them. Their primary function is protecting the king in the confines of his home, but the Dora have the same functional purpose. They can exist, but them having black hooded cloaks is the only thing that really matters.

Quote Originally Posted by Cville View Post
    I'm going with SWaD as standard reserves/militia. Every person who went through basic military training has gear as seen in that series.

Full time military a combination of army and navy has the green uniform seen in Back to Africa.

HZ, DM, and Public Security(gaurds) as special forces being their own separate branch like a secret service.
    For sure every Wakandan is trained for military combat. Children start their training at around school age (they are not at all required to fight or anything until they are adults unless it's a doomsday situation) and is a requirement to their graduation process so not only in mind but in body they are prepared for the world.

As for the Wakandan military attire, I like rocaforts design the best honestly when T'Challa and Carol are talking in the throne room.

Quote Originally Posted by Celtic1967 View Post
    My bad. I look forward to checking out your work.
    Some of the brothers who are bringing heat in 2021 at marvel and dc.

Me
    Marc Bernardin
    Brandon Easton
    Brandon Thomas

i know them all personally and, trust me, it's about to go down.

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    For sure every Wakandan is trained for military combat. Children start their training at around school age (they are not at all required to fight or anything until they are adults unless it's a doomsday situation) and is a requirement to their graduation process so not only in mind but in body they are prepared for the world.

As for the Wakandan military attire, I like rocaforts design the best honestly when T'Challa and Carol are talking in the throne room.
    I'd swap the clothing of the guys who wear the black cloaks with the Rocafort design. When the artis has to draw a big crowd if them during a battle, his design will get dulled to save time.

Astonishing Member Blind Wedjat's Avatar

I prefer to use England as a basis (as ironic as that may be) since it's got a monarchy.

Dora Milaje: Personal bodyguards of the king and the royal family. British equivalent are the Sovereign's Bodyguard

King's Guards: Protectors of the palace, other royal residencies, and royal bank, etc. British equivalent are the Queen's Guard.

Wakandan Army: Principal land warfare force. First branch of the Wakandan Armed Forces. Includes special forces like the Hatut Zeraze.

- Hatut Zeraze: Special reconnaissance unit of the Wakandan Army. Conduct a wide range of classified activities related to covert surveillance ad reconnaissance

Royal Navy: Principal naval warfare force. Second branch of the Wakandan Armed Forces. Includes the Royal Marines.

- Royal Marines: Wakandan's amphibious light infantry force for rapid deployment worldwide. Capable of dealing with a wide range of threats. Part of the Royal Navy.

Royal Air Force: Principal aerial warfare force. Third branch of the Wakandan Armed Forces.

Wakandan Intelligence Service: Wakanda's foreign intelligence service (AKA their spies). British equivalent is the Secret Intelligence Service or MI6