Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Zelena View Post
    Or Marvel can hire Wanda again "No more mutants". This time, it works. No more wars. No more massacre. At least not with mutants.
    Why making X-men stories if they don't know what to say? To fill the pages? It seems to me that the vein is exhausted. Hickman's run could be X-men Swan Song.
    I think anything not krakoa is a downgrade for X-men. Krakoa is even more ocmplete from where Johns left the green lantern franchise

Quote Originally Posted by Wild Fang X View Post
    I see one of potentially three things happening:

1) Mutant Civil War: A-Pac and other mutants that aren't aligned with the X-Men have a massive and violent disagreement that results in the dissolution of the current council and a new, entirely different council is formed, but more clandestine (Think Illuminati: Mutant Edition). Either A-Pac or Magneto serve as the catalyst for said mutant civil war.

2) AoA2/Inferno II: Electric Boogaloo: A-Pac conquers Otherworld (Rogue gets healed BTW), putting Excalibur and the other X-Men on a collision course with Morgana La Fey. Guess who decides to pick up the scraps and rise to power: Loki, leading to an X-Men/Thor crossover event

3) World War X: Use your imaginations

BONUS- World War Hulk II: Going off of the status quo set up in the most recent issue of Immortal Hulk, Hulk follows through on his crusade against the flatscans, with both Atlantis and the Mutant Nation of Krakoa siding with Hulk.
    I could totally see Hulk being down with Krakoa.

And Krakoa secretly plotting against Banner. And Banner secretly plotting against them. An endless loop of side eyes and scary shadiness.

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    Not only creator favoritism, but EiC & Marvel Studios President favoritism too.
    Feige doesn't have x-men favoritism

Quote Originally Posted by Hybrid View Post
    Whoa, wtf?

Are people really this invested in Krakoa, a status quo meant to be weird and off-putting? The subtext is quite clear that the mutant nation is supposed to make you uncomfortable, especially as they've gone from "mutants being equal" to "mutants being superior". I believe this to be a prelude to the proposed Day of X, which finally begins the status quo for mutants and non-mutants living equally.
    Whether or not the X-Men's new status quo is considered "off-putting" is a matter of one's mileage varying. I, personally am enjoying this status quo, for it is different and is leading to and involving actual PROGRESSION and organic escalation. Besides, why even give the flatscans the time of day when they're too busy going to war against each other for childish reasons? Mutantkind has progressed far beyond that.
    Mutant and Proud
    Krakoa FOREVER!!!

Oh no, don't get me wrong, it's very interesting... it's just that it's not being portrayed as an unambiguously good thing. It's very clear Hickman is building to something, and the weirdness of it is acknowledged in-universe. You say progression, that's true, but it's also progressing into whatever event leads into the mutant/non-mutant equality scenario.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Hybrid View Post
    Whoa, wtf?

Are people really this invested in Krakoa, a status quo meant to be weird and off-putting?
    Just because you want to speed past this era back to something more familiar doesn't mean everyone else has to feel the same way. I'm loving it and per Hickman's repeated interview comments I don't think it's going anywhere any time soon, so the OP question holds no interest for me right now.

Not sure why I'd be surprised people in the X-books forum are enjoying a new status quo when sales prove this has been both more critically and more commercially popular than anything else X-Men in almost twenty years. Same goes for both the humorous and less humorous shots at the rest of the MU, when in-story the humans have marginalized and exterminated mutants for years and IRL Ike Perlmutter at Marvel worked to disenfranchise the entire brand for over a decade. What did you expect?
    Last edited by powerpax; 11-14-2019 at 04:13 PM.

Astonishing Member

Some kind of final reckoning between the mutants and all non-mutant Marvel characters/franchises (now retroactively coming. Since Jim v Namor) in which editorial foolishly decides to determine the outcome depending on which side has better sales

Cue the X-Men maintaining sales even as they are written doing incredibly bad things up; followed by the Non-X writers using it as an excuse to have a legacy (I get to write the last y story) and throw their characters under the bus.

Marvel makes up some ass-covering excuse about always intending to retire the non-X characters after the Infinity Saga’s conclusion and that’s that. Then in 10-20 years some hard-working Avengers fan climbs to the top of the writing pool and is finally able to revive the non-X characters again
    Last edited by king of hybrids; 11-14-2019 at 04:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by powerpax View Post
    Just because you want to speed past this era back to something more familiar doesn't mean everyone else has to feel the same way. I'm loving it and per Hickman's repeated interview comments I don't think it's going anywhere any time soon, so the OP question holds no interest for me right now.

Not sure why I'd be surprised people in the X-books forum are enjoying a new status quo when sales prove this has been both more critically and more commercially popular than anything else X-Men in almost twenty years. Same goes for both the humorous and less humorous shots at the rest of the MU, when in-story the humans have marginalized and exterminated mutants for years and IRL Ike Perlmutter at Marvel worked to disenfranchise the entire brand for over a decade. What did you expect?
    Never said I wanted to "speed past the era", as I expect it to remain for a while, but I was asking about the ultimate finish to Dawn of X. Like I said, it's interesting, it's just weird at the same time. Know what I mean?

Besides, the people weren't even taking this seriously!

BANNED

Sles dont necessrily factor in. XMen were Marvel best selling team book before Marvel fucked them over in AvX. But now theyre an untapped financial ressource for the MCU which hanges everything. People boutra be surprised.

Quote Originally Posted by Veitha View Post
    We should get a full series of variant covers like this.

Cap kneeling to Cyclops.

Scarlet Witch cleaning Rogue and Gambit's sheets.

Tony Stark as Emma's butler serving her champagne.

The Stepford Cuckoos dressing up Thor as a Barbie.

The Wasp having to assist Kate Pryde in picking up dresses.

Black Panther apologizing to Storm for AvX by getting a tattoo of her making out with Yukio.

Psylocke (all of them) giving Medusa a shave with their blades.

I could go on but it'd be unhealthy.
    HOUSE OF XMEN.
    The 00's are over Avengers. Remenber what franchise sell 8 milliom comics

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    Feige doesn't have x-men favoritism
    What ya mean?

What ya mean?
    Never saw Feige saying tht x-men are his priority

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by tuck frump View Post
    Sles dont necessrily factor in. XMen were Marvel best selling team book before Marvel fucked them over in AvX. But now theyre an untapped financial ressource for the MCU which hanges everything. People boutra be surprised.
    I just said non-X books lose on that front. Where’s the non-X IPs have made billions outside the comics, it has never properly translated to comics

Or do you seriously think their going to cancel any/all sequels and adaptations the moment they slap an X on one film slot?

Quote Originally Posted by DarkMagnus View Post
    HOUSE OF XMEN.
    The 00's are over Avengers. Remenber what franchise sell 8 milliom comics
    Considering to the state of the medium since the early 90’s, not the X-Men. At least not anymore

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    Never saw Feige saying tht x-men are his priority
    Well you’re right with that. But Fiege does seem to have a love for the franchise plus I can’t see Hickman’s jaw-dropping reintroduction of the X-Men as powerhouses existing in a vacuum. I feel like Krakoa will eventually be a big-screen thing too.

Well you’re right with that. But Fiege does seem to have a love for the franchise plus I can’t see Hickman’s jaw-dropping reintroduction of the X-Men as powerhouses existing in a vacuum. I feel like Krakoa will eventually be a big-screen thing too.
    Maybe yes or maybe no. Depends of the way the franchise gonna be on MCU, like if they get to be celebrities or being hated