Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Dthirds3 View Post
    Why is glob ?
    To remind that not all mutants are human looking people with awesome powers.
    Bringing back the old, killing the young: that's the Marvel way

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dthirds3 View Post
    Why is glob ?
    He's Ed Brisson appointed 'chef' for the New Mutants.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by mugiwara View Post
    To remind that not all mutants are human looking people with awesome powers.
    Nightcrawler did that so much better tho

Also Jono is apart of the book.

Quote Originally Posted by Paleo_Rage View Post

Nah, he was in this issue. Didn’t quite look right, but it was him.

Incredible Member bladeofdarkness's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Paleo_Rage View Post

Teleportation is an AWESOME ability.
    Glob neither looks human nor has an ability worth off-setting his appearance.

I'm ready for a new writer and cast. Brisson's run isn't terrible per se, but it's just so dull and repetitive. In the middle one of the greatest status quo shifts in X-men history, he gets access to all generations of younger mutants and this is what he does with it?
    I do like the team's mission statement of rescuing and welcoming new mutants to Krakoa. That's a classic theme of the franchise that no other book is exploring right now.
    But the execution is not great and I hate how he keeps downgrading the OG NM to "Baby X-men". Either treat them as capable and experienced heroes, or let them go to other teams and actually focus on younger, less experienced characters instead.

If I had my way, this team would be a more balanced mix of the 3 main generations of X-teens (NM, GenX, NXM):
    Mirage (leader)
    Cypher (brains)
    Magik (Captain of the Sextant, teleports to countries where mutants aren't welcome)
    Surge (rescuing mutants is her purpose since she was rescued by the X-men)
    Hellion (every team needs a cocky powerhouse)
    Sooraya Qadir (loved her as a NM in Age of X)
    Husk (Dani's second hand, would treat the NM as a humanitarian organization and help Dani manage it)
    Chamber (Jono vs Jullian would be too fun to miss)
    Mondo (he's chill)

Obviously other characters would appear as guests, but these would be the main characters.
    Karma and Sunspot would be in X-Corp alongside Monet and Warren.
    Rahne could join Excalibur.
    Boom Boom belongs to X-force.
    I'd rather not see Glob, Maxime or Manon as main characters.

maybe my expectations were rock bottom after the last issue but I think this was a big step up. The ensemble was used a lot better than the previous issue(s) . Neat use of Mondo's powers, good character moments from Dani, Tabby and Hisako , Flaviano's art was. on. fire. Overall this was solid idk

Quote Originally Posted by Beetle View Post
    That's weird, I may have the absolute lowest opinion of Rosencanny, but he did have Dani create a large scale illusion by working in concert with Shan during War of the Realms

So she should have more than the neural arrows
    Yeah I'm wondering if she meant she used to have more difficulty controlling her powers, not that she used to have the powers implying she doesn't. loll sucks that we have to grasp at straws on this one. the arrows make sense as an extension of her illusion/fear powers so I dont see what would stop her from being able to have both

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by houndsofluv View Post

Yeah I'm wondering if she meant she used to have more difficulty controlling her powers, not that she used to have the powers implying she doesn't. loll sucks that we have to grasp at straws on this one. the arrows make sense as an extension of her illusion/fear powers so I dont see what would stop her from being able to have both

It's obvious that Brisson is focusing mainly on Armor and Glob.

We could see Armor's greatest fear of her brother and mum trapped but not the other New Mutants fear when they were all trapped in the Nightmare-girl world.

Dani just stood there without using her powers and ordering people around which is weird. She should have been able to shoot fear arrows at the soldiers.

Utterly worthless issue. I'd like to know how the writer avoided using Dani to control the dreamer considering her own talent to manifest a person's best and worst fantasies. I guess that would have robbed wildside of his starring moment.

The book needs to get back to the original mutants and drop the chaf that's joined. None of them are particularly interesting, and I want to hear about Dani, Doug, Majik, Sunspot, Shan and Wolfsbane. If they wanted to add another character they should add the best one to ever appear in the New Mutants, Xavier's son. The whole story about going to get beak was dreadful. If there ever was a character I couldn't care less about it's beak.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by jonincentex View Post
    Utterly worthless issue. I'd like to know how the writer avoided using Dani to control the dreamer considering her own talent to manifest a person's best and worst fantasies. I guess that would have robbed wildside of his starring moment.

The book needs to get back to the original mutants and drop the chaf that's joined. None of them are particularly interesting, and I want to hear about Dani, Doug, Majik, Sunspot, Shan and Wolfsbane. If they wanted to add another character they should add the best one to ever appear in the New Mutants, Xavier's son. The whole story about going to get beak was dreadful. If there ever was a character I couldn't care less about it's beak.
    So has Dani lost the ability to manifest illusion becaause she could’ve at least had been able to calm down the Russians or scare them away idk why thy keep her basic

Mighty Member

Come to think about it, I think you're right. There's absolutely no need to get Wildside involved in this. He's not even a New Mutant.

Dani could have just shot a good-dream arrow at the Nightmare-girl or Karma could have easily possess an inexperienced teenager if Brisson hadn't made them so incompetent.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Shankarma1 View Post
    So has Dani lost the ability to manifest illusion becaause she could’ve at least had been able to calm down the Russians or scare them away idk why thy keep her basic
    Yeah, but then how would Magik have looked so bad ass countermanding her order?

Why can't you think of the New Mutant that's gotten constant exposure, huh? How can you be so selfish?

Quote Originally Posted by Shankarma1 View Post
    This issue implied that she has which is bullsh-t. How do you make a weak character even weaker? Its not like she was OP with her illusions

I have questions about Wolfsbane, if she is the original resurrected how does she feel about being taken away from her true love and her son in Vahalla or did Xavier erase all memory of them? If she is just clone why hasn't Dani kicked the collective asses of the quiet council yet?, does she now longer have her valkyrie powers?
    There is no ignorance, there is knowledge.
    There is no fear, there is power.
    I am the heart of the Force.
    I am the revealing fire of light.
    I am the mystery of darkness.
    In balance with chaos and harmony,
    Immortal in the Force.

Quote Originally Posted by norj View Post
    I have questions about Wolfsbane, if she is the original resurrected how does she feel about being taken away from her true love and her son in Vahalla or did Xavier erase all memory of them? If she is just clone why hasn't Dani kicked the collective asses of the quiet council yet?, does she now longer have her valkyrie powers?
    All the resurrected characters are clones. Dani shouldnt be a valkyrie anymore. I thought that was the point of War of Realms