Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post
    other page liam sharp twitter
    Steve seems to have an inkling that something is just not right about these Amazons.

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    Lol at Steve somehow having a burger and fries, and cookies.

I love the way Sharp draws the New 52 Themyscira. It's true to the way Chiang designed it, but the more detailed art makes it seem so much more alive and lived in. And the design for that sword in front of Steve definitely looks Ares related.
    And fittingly dark and gritty compared to Scott's Amazons (who are probably going to end up being the genuine article that Diana's forgotten about).

I wonder if the core of "The Lies" will end up having their origin tied to Diana's first fight with Ares in Year One?

Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    Lol at Steve somehow having a burger and fries, and cookies.

I love the way Sharp draws the New 52 Themyscira. It's true to the way Chiang designed it, but the more detailed art makes it seem so much more alive and lived in. And the design for that sword in front of Steve definitely looks Ares related.

Sharp even made Hippolyta's New 52 costume bearable.
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Steve seems to have an inkling that something is just not right about these Amazons.
    Why wouldn't he?

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    If nothing else, they are going to have to explain how "New52" Hippolyta is alive and not made of stone...
    ..and why Diana thinks this is her mother considering she bears absolutely no resemblance to her actual mother at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Natamaxxx View Post
    ..and why Diana thinks this is her mother considering she bears absolutely no resemblance to her actual mother at all.
    To me, this aspect is "Up In The Air" until I have a pretty good explanation.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Natamaxxx View Post
    Perhaps because this is the Hippolyta Diana actually remembers?

Spectacular Member

It could be as simple as having a different artists between the stories...but that would seem like a big oversight.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

If Diana's trips to the new 52 island were able to supplant her true memories before, stands to reason it could do it again. Thats some damn powerful illusions. Unless the location itself is an archetype that has various shades and aspects.

Quote Originally Posted by Vanguard-01 View Post
    Dat face from Hippolyta!

Pretty sure we're going to find out that's NOT the real Hippolyta. Sure, it would actually make perfect sense for Azarello's Hippolyta to scowl hatefully for no good reason, but that just looks like the perfect way to foreshadow "Something is rotten in the state of Denmark (Themiscyra.)"

Perhaps what is rotten is....the entire state and everyone in it?
    Boy did I dislike Azzarello's interpretation of the Amazons and "Paradise Island". Soooooooooooooooooooo NOT, dude. I have been looking for an Absolute WW book and was thrilled to see one finally advertised. Then I learned it was the Azzarello collection part 1 or what have. Cliff's work is of course lovely. But savage, mud hut misandrist Amazons? No thank you, man. I hope that this REBIRTH will deal with that bit as it was most offensive.

Looking forward to see how both storylines play out. Seeing Etta get ready to go to town is exciting but I echo Outside's point on how Etta matches up versus Sasha; Etta is comically outmatched.

Quote Originally Posted by Dexter Plexter View Post
    There is a big fat Dodo bird in that preview page, lol! We know that things did not end well for the Dodo. Vanished, kaput, gone, extinct. I am guessing that the Azz Amazons may be headed for a similar fate.
    I was thinking it was a turkey for Thanksgiving and wondering what happened to it's tail feathers. lol

Nevermind
    Last edited by richalex; 11-23-2016 at 09:09 AM.
    Richard Alexander

Extraordinary Member

Several of the Amazons in the background look familiar. The one with curly brown hair on the far right could be Vanessa Kapatellis. Also the red head just behind the dog is naggingly familiar but I just can't place it.

Intersting homage to Conans sword from the 80s movie leaning against the table. And I see Steve has been served Burger and fries. LOL
    Last edited by brettc1; 11-23-2016 at 06:26 AM.
    If ten years of recording The Young and the Restless for my mother have taught me anything, it's that characters in serial dramas are always happily in love...until they're not

“The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. Instead of altering their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views...which can be very uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering.” - the 4th Doctor

BANNED

Hmmm, I won't give spoilers, but I bet that a considerable part of WW's fans will not like this issue at all.

I'm not sure how I feel about the revelation at the end of this issue.

spoilers:
    I'm perfectly happy to see the Azzarello stories disapear but not the pre-52 stories. That being said, Themyscria has been a target for some many years, multiple attacks, wars etc, it would be nice for that not to be the case. Usually Greg doesn't wipe the slate clean when he takes on a book, very curious as to what will happen here.
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by spark627 View Post
    I'm not sure how I feel about the revelation at the end of this issue.

spoilers:
    I'm perfectly happy to see the Azzarello stories disapear but not the pre-52 stories. That being said, Themyscria has been a target for some many years, multiple attacks, wars etc, it would be nice for that not to be the case. Usually Greg doesn't wipe the slate clean when he takes on a book, very curious as to what will happen here.
    end of spoilers
    Um, you do remember what he did with Hera and Phil Jimenez's Themyscira.
    Richard Alexander