Page 30 of 50 FirstFirst ... 2026272829303132333440 ... LastLast
    "Comic Book Reviewer" InformationGeek's Avatar

So, in the end, here's everything I snatched up at Tampa~

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ichijinijisanji View Post
    I don't know, I'd rather have her as a full on lawyer instead of a student, because then you'd end up obligated to her climbing her law school stuff alongside peter going to college and that would put off her she-hulk form for maybe a decade since she'd have to become an accomplished lawyer first?

If you want her in the spider-man movie for publicity, it's better to have her represent spider-man as his legal counsel since spoilers:
    his identity got revealed which can open the guy up to legal troubles
    end of spoilers
    To be honest, both Jennifer and Peter are around the same age. If we look at her early high school and undergraduate college years, Jennifer was probably a science student before she decided to go to UCLA Law school. I feel that Peter and Jennifer might hold a unique dynamic that would show that they are so much alike.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Darthfury78 View Post
    To be honest, both Jennifer and Peter are around the same age. If we look at her early high school and undergraduate college years, Jennifer was probably a science student before she decided to go to UCLA Law school. I feel that Peter and Jennifer might hold a unique dynamic that would show that they are so much alike.
    this did seem to be an interesting point, but upon googling it seems pete was stated to be 28 in 2014, and she hulk was 32 in 1992 (sensational she hulk 36)

at this point she might be almost 10 years older than him if we go by the sliding timescale conversion of 4:1 real years to marvel years.

Maybe a minimum of 7 years older?
    Last edited by Ichijinijisanji; 08-06-2019 at 11:05 PM.

Incredible Member Sensational C's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by InformationGeek View Post
    Reporting from Tampa Bay Comic-Con, there was sadly no She-Hulk merchandise anywhere to be seen! D:

However, I spotted a She-Hulk cosplayer. I did not grab a picture of her sadly... but the official twitter account caught a glimpse of her!
    Wow! She did a sensational job on the hair alone!
    So, in the end, here's everything I snatched up at Tampa~

Nice loot! Sounds like a fun con

this did seem to be an interesting point, but upon googling it seems pete was stated to be 28 in 2014, and she hulk was 32 in 1992 (sensational she hulk 36)

at this point she might be almost 10 years older than him if we go by the sliding timescale conversion of 4:1 real years to marvel years.

I think Jen is 5 years younger than Bruce so Jen being about 10 years older than Peter sounds right.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravin' Ray View Post
    So what are the chances this female lead will be She-Hulk? She is mentioned but CBR notes the issues in the rights to bring her to the screen. My impression is that since Universal holds the distribution rights to Hulk-related characters a She-Hulk lead movie or TV series by ABC needs Universal's approval first.

ABC in ‘Active Talks’ to Bring New, Female-Led Marvel Series to Air
    I hope so but I am torn if TV is the right medium for her, lower production vs longer storytelling. I do prefer the longer storytelling but in the debate of live action vs CG, I cast my hat in the CG ballot. CG allows for a bulkier She-Hulk, an actress avoids sitting in the make-up chair for hours and can provide the perfect performance. If She-Hulk would get a tv show instead of movie I imagine the actual She-Hulk to Hulk ratio would be much lower.

Quote Originally Posted by Sensational C View Post
    I hope so but I am torn if TV is the right medium for her, lower production vs longer storytelling. I do prefer the longer storytelling but in the debate of live action vs CG, I cast my hat in the CG ballot. CG allows for a bulkier She-Hulk, an actress avoids sitting in the make-up chair for hours and can provide the perfect performance. If She-Hulk would get a tv show instead of movie I imagine the actual She-Hulk to Hulk ratio would be much lower.
    If they try to make She-Hulk work on TV they will almost certainly have to put the emphasis on the Jennifer Walters identity for cost and time reasons. CGIing She-Hulk on a TV budget would be enormously difficult, and exceptionally tall actresses don't grow on trees (much less muscular ones).

The main obstacle is Universal's rights to the Hulk characters for TV productions. I am not sure how much longer they'll last but it's quite possible that they'll be a hindrance to any She-Hulk TV show unless they are included as a producing partner, which Disney probably wouldn't want.

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by macattack View Post
    If they try to make She-Hulk work on TV they will almost certainly have to put the emphasis on the Jennifer Walters identity for cost and time reasons. CGIing She-Hulk on a TV budget would be enormously difficult, and exceptionally tall actresses don't grow on trees (much less muscular ones).

The main obstacle is Universal's rights to the Hulk characters for TV productions. I am not sure how much longer they'll last but it's quite possible that they'll be a hindrance to any She-Hulk TV show unless they are included as a producing partner, which Disney probably wouldn't want.
    I think She-Hulk would do better as an animated TV series, preferably by one of the better anime studios (like the one making Netflix's Ultraman series).

BANNED

Reporting from Tampa Bay Comic-Con, there was sadly no She-Hulk merchandise anywhere to be seen! D:

However, I spotted a She-Hulk cosplayer. I did not grab a picture of her sadly... but the official twitter account caught a glimpse of her!

i am reminded of rupaul's drag race here
    i wonder if she hulk would inspire a certain style when she comes to the big screen/tv shows

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

It might be possible for Jennifer Walters to be human in a TV or streaming series (where she is not the title character), and at the end of a season she becomes She-Hulk; then she can be part of a team in an MCU film.
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

so she's either gonna be a normal actress painted green like Gamora or CGI'd to 7 feet tall, this cosplay just reinforces that
    The J-man

Astonishing Member

I always assume that Jennifer was no more than 5 years older than Peter. But it might be enough to show that they do have a lot in common such as their love for science. I had always envisioned that Peter and Jennifer met as classmates at ESU summer school science camp that might have been lead by Dr. Conners and Ted Salis(The Man-Thing). What surprises me is that I have never seen Peter and Jennifer working alongside together on The Fantastic Four. This would had been the best opportunity for Jennifer and Peter to get to know the other on a personal level.

Astonishing Member

I would love to see Jennifer in Spider-Man as one of Peter's classmates, of which both have a love for science.

Quote Originally Posted by ShulkieFan View Post
    I think She-Hulk would do better as an animated TV series, preferably by one of the better anime studios (like the one making Netflix's Ultraman series).
    Considering that a low-budget anime made Carol Danvers infinitely more appealing visually and in personality than any Western depiction of her since her 2012 relaunch, I definitely think a good anime team would, at the very least, not screw Jennifer up. Hell, as she dresses either in office lady garb or something that shows off her "assets" with little in-between the otaku audience has a decent shot of embracing her I feel.

Quote Originally Posted by Darthfury78 View Post
    I would love to see Jennifer in Spider-Man as one of Peter's classmates, of which both have a love for science.
    Darth, I'm going to say this once. Please, for heaven's sake, give your preferred ship a rest.

Every post you make on this forum is advocating for your ship. I'm sick of seeing it. It's an obsession and not healthy. Please think, post, or reply about something, anything, other than this ship that you've single-mindedly advocated for years at this point. It's like you have tunnel vision and can't think of anything else other than trying to push the Peter/Jennifer ship.

Please stop. You are taking the fun out of both Spider-Man and She-Hulk as well as any thread where you express this advocacy.

Considering that a low-budget anime made Carol Danvers infinitely more appealing visually and in personality than any Western depiction of her since her 2012 relaunch, I definitely think a good anime team would, at the very least, not screw Jennifer up. Hell, as she dresses either in office lady garb or something that shows off her "assets" with little in-between the otaku audience has a decent shot of embracing her I feel.
    Especially when you look at how she was handled the last time she was in a cartoon (Agents of SMASH).

Not that She-Hulk was terrible there, but it was definitely not her strongest or most inspired portrayal. The animation was pretty bad though.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Especially when you look at how she was handled the last time she was in a cartoon (Agents of SMASH).

Not that She-Hulk was terrible there, but it was definitely not her strongest or most inspired portrayal. The animation was pretty bad though.
    Jennifer was reduced to "the girl" on that show with all of the 80's-style clichιs that went with it. Still somewhat better than what the comics are currently giving us but that's not saying a whole lot.

Eliza Dushku was not the best casting either. She lacked the presence the role requires. If She-Hulk does get a starring role in an anime or new cartoon I hope they get Misty Lee to reprise, she has a good tone for both of Jen's identities from what I've heard.

Strange that cartoon didn't use red she-hulk also.