Page 44 of 62 FirstFirst ... 3440414243444546474854 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post

I wish this happened on Teen Titans. Lol. Plus, the second one is hilarious.

Going off on a tangent, would Jon make a good addition to Teen Titans? Then and now. I am asking as someone who haven't read their work and the most Teen Titans i have seen is Teen Titans Go! Lol. Back when Teen Titans was airing i did not want to watch it. I thought it was more 'kiddie'. Better see something more adult like Batman or Justice League. See they were younger characters. Nowadays i have no issue with watching Teen Titans Go! once in a while even if its way too kiddie. When you are a teen you want to feel more grown up. But when you are a grown up you are more comfortable in your own skin.

Personal talk aside, i would like to hear what people think of him being in Teen Titans. That particular story made me think that Jon might not be the best fit, even if i wanted that to happen. Jon appeared way too OP or his team. Thoughts?
    Last edited by Soubhagya; 08-24-2019 at 09:40 PM.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Soubhagya View Post

Going off on a tangent, would Jon make a good addition to Teen Titans? Then and now. I am asking as someone who haven't read their work and the most Teen Titans i have seen is Teen Titans Go! Lol. Back when Teen Titans was airing i did not want to watch it. I thought it was more 'kiddie'. Better see something more adult like Batman or Justice League. See they were younger characters. Nowadays i have no issue with watching Teen Titans Go! once in a while even if its way too kiddie. When you are a teen you want to feel more grown up. But when you are a grown up you are more comfortable in your own skin.

Personal talk aside, i would like to hear what people think of him being in Teen Titans. That particular story made me think that Jon might not be the best fit, even if i wanted that to happen. Jon appeared way too OP or his team. Thoughts?
    You watched teen titans go(which is kiddie like) and not the original?well the original is fantastic. It's more anime like. The current generation of titans is subpar. Jon is better of not joining them.if they make a different team, then maybe.
    Jon isn't going to be too op. There are guys who could take jon out easily if some of the original titans members are acting as den mothers. For eg:-Wally west is a titan. Pretty sure, he can take on Clark if he tried.
    Anyways, this team in the comic is obsolete. Beast boy, raven.. Etc went back to their generation of titans.

You watched teen titans go(which is kiddie like) and not the original?well the original is fantastic. It's more anime like. The current generation of titans is subpar. Jon is better of not joining them.if they make a different team, then maybe.
    Jon isn't going to be too op. There are guys who could take jon out easily if some of the original titans members are acting as den mothers. For eg:-Wally west is a titan. Pretty sure, he can take on Clark if he tried.
    Anyways, this team in the comic is obsolete. Beast boy, raven.. Etc went back to their generation of titans.
    Like i said. I was a teen then. You want to feel 'grown up'. Now that i am grown up i have no issues with watching farce once in a while. That has of course lead me to think just like you said. I did not watch Teen Titans because i thought it was kiddle. But now i watch Teen Titans Go! What an irony?

Now if they show Teen Titans i would watch that. But Cartoon Network nowadays isn't for me. They will never screen Teen Titans. Their target being 8 yr old kids. For 8 year old kids there can be some great ideas from Superman. Silver Age Superman updated to today's standards can be great. Plus, Super Sons is a no-brainer.

If they wanted to keep Jon younger Teen Titans could have been a good option. You don't want him in Superman books. Fine send him to a boarding school and let him hang out with Teen Titans. Of course, now this is out of question.

Mighty Member

There are 2 teams:
    -Teen Titans
    -Titans

but anyway Conner was a Teen Titan and if RAVEN!!! isnt to OP than also Jon isnt OP.

Quote Originally Posted by Masterff View Post
    There are 2 teams:
    -Teen Titans
    -Titans

but anyway Conner was a Teen Titan and if RAVEN!!! isnt to OP than also Jon isnt OP.
    They are all titans to me. As i said, den mother. Raven is part of the Titans.

Mighty Member

They are all titans to me. As i said, den mother. Raven is part of the Titans.
    Raven is NOW part of the Titans.
    Before she was part of the Teen Titans

Like i said. I was a teen then. You want to feel 'grown up'. Now that i am grown up i have no issues with watching farce once in a while. That has of course lead me to think just like you said. I did not watch Teen Titans because i thought it was kiddle. But now i watch Teen Titans Go! What an irony?

Now if they show Teen Titans i would watch that. But Cartoon Network nowadays isn't for me. They will never screen Teen Titans. Their target being 8 yr old kids. For 8 year old kids there can be some great ideas from Superman. Silver Age Superman updated to today's standards can be great. Plus, Super Sons is a no-brainer.

If they wanted to keep Jon younger Teen Titans could have been a good option. You don't want him in Superman books. Fine send him to a boarding school and let him hang out with Teen Titans. Of course, now this is out of question.
    I was a teen then too (crap, that makes me feel old), but the Teen Titans series back then, while it had its goofy moments, also had character arcs, growing up moments, and adapted things like the Judas Contract (in a much different way, no pedo-Slade) and Raven dealing with Trigon being her father. And it kept serious moments serious, but knew when to have fun as well.

As for your original question; 10 year old Jon would have made an interesting addition to the current Teen Titans. Although he is Damian's best friend, he was also able to keep him in check and tell him no when needed. As it stands, Damian doesn't have someone like that on the team, and the group just took a turn for, well. You remember the Justice League episode with the Justice Lords, and the Justice Lords lobotimized their villains and planned to do the same on the League's Earth? Yeah, the Teen Titans have gone that direction.

And I've long been an advocate for Super Sons getting an animated series, and it seems it was even pitched to WB, but ultimately rejected. Which is incredibly stupid.

You could try some illegal sites to watch teen titans (if you really want to or have the time ). It isn't on netflix or amazon prime i am afraid. So you just have go with that. There is also dc streaming service which you can't access outside US.
    Yeah!haven't watched cartoon network in years except for the "dragon ball" which was airing sometime ago.

Raven is NOW part of the Titans.
    Before she was part of the Teen Titans
    That because of age reduction crap DC tries to pull and titans generation not existing in New52 prior to rebirth . Raven, beastboy, star fire.. Etc are not part of Damian's generation. They should have been part of titans generation from the start.

You could try some illegal sites to watch teen titans (if you really want to or have the time ). It isn't on netflix or amazon prime i am afraid. So you just have go with that. There is also dc streaming service which you can't access outside US.
    Yeah!haven't watched cartoon network in years except for the "dragon ball" which was airing sometime ago.
    Cartoon Network is airing Dragon Ball Super dubbed on Saturday nights. But yeah, that's about all I watch on there too.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    Cartoon Network is airing Dragon Ball Super dubbed on Saturday nights. But yeah, that's about all I watch on there too.
    Yeah! Since i had already seen it stopped watching on tv. I just hope they do something with broly now. I don't want all my favourite characters being left in the dust. First it was tien, then piccolo , then gohan. I am really afraid broly will end up like them. I mean he is just canonised. Btw! His new ost is awesome.
    What kind of ost will fit jon, while we are at that subject? I love superman tas opening. It would fit jon perfectly moreso than superman himself.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    I was a teen then too (crap, that makes me feel old), but the Teen Titans series back then, while it had its goofy moments, also had character arcs, growing up moments, and adapted things like the Judas Contract (in a much different way, no pedo-Slade) and Raven dealing with Trigon being her father. And it kept serious moments serious, but knew when to have fun as well.

As for your original question; 10 year old Jon would have made an interesting addition to the current Teen Titans. Although he is Damian's best friend, he was also able to keep him in check and tell him no when needed. As it stands, Damian doesn't have someone like that on the team, and the group just took a turn for, well. You remember the Justice League episode with the Justice Lords, and the Justice Lords lobotimized their villains and planned to do the same on the League's Earth? Yeah, the Teen Titans have gone that direction.

And I've long been an advocate for Super Sons getting an animated series, and it seems it was even pitched to WB, but ultimately rejected. Which is incredibly stupid.
    Wait what!? Is this going on at Teen Titans? Actual Teen Titans? They are supposed to be heroes. Teen heroes. Who comes up with those ideas? Now Damian of old might have been cool with it, actual Damian should not. Or could he? Jon could have brought balance to it. I am guessing Starfire and Beast Boy aren't present too. I remember them having a new roster lead by Damian.

So this is news that Super Sons was considered. Maybe it will happen sometime in the future.

There are 2 teams:
    -Teen Titans
    -Titans

Yeah, Raven is very powerful. That issue gave an impression that Jon made everyone else redundant. But they had the likes of Raven. So, that's not an issue.

Wait what!? Is this going on at Teen Titans? Actual Teen Titans? They are supposed to be heroes. Teen heroes. Who comes up with those ideas? Now Damian of old might have been cool with it, actual Damian should not. Or could he? Jon could have brought balance to it. I am guessing Starfire and Beast Boy aren't present too. I remember them having a new roster lead by Damian.

So this is news that Super Sons was considered. Maybe it will happen sometime in the future.
    Beast boy, raven.. Etc have been moved back to the titans where they belong. Like i said, i wouldn't be too thrilled to have jon join this teen titans team.

Extraordinary Member CPSparkles's Avatar

The current TT has Lobo's daughter and an actual Djinn so no Jon won't be too OP but he won't fit since they are anti heroes.