Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Default CW Orders Pliot For "Charmed" Reboot

After years and years of speculation, it looks like we're finally getting that Charmed reboot after all.

http://variety.com/2018/tv/news/char...ot-1202677375/

BANNED

Given who is creating this I am expecting this will be a whole lot better than the original.

Was just coming here to post this. I'm kinda hoping Lucy hale's show live sentence doesn't go well cause she would be great for this.
    Stick "we work together and we get out of here alive"

Matt "peace out suckas"

Mighty Member

So at least this version will have them being sisters again instead of 3 random women as in the 70s reboot, that is something.

Quote Originally Posted by regnak View Post
    So at least this version will have them being sisters again instead of 3 random women as in the 70s reboot, that is something.
    What 70s reboot?

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    What 70s reboot?
    The previous reboot proposal was in the 1970s with 3 random women being the Charmed Ones. Didn't get picked up last year.

I'm excited that it isn't set in the 70s anymore. Now, I'm just curious as to which college town it will be set in. I'm a little bummed that it won't also be in San Francisco because the original series had a lot of fun with re-working the city's name into episode titles.

I just also hope that a majority of the storylines don't take place in and around the university (though if it is set in a college town, they probably will). One of the things that I liked about the earlier seasons of Charmed was the lack of tween-teenage drama angst that the current CW dabbles in. Sure, the show had its love triangles, but the characters always felt like adult women, and not overly grown teenagers. Setting it in a college town just screams angst, cute professors, boy drama, and other stuff. However, they may go a whole other route with it as the CW is doing some really great stuff these days *cough* Crazy Ex-Girlfriend *cough*.

"You're dead!"- Soldier
    "You first"- Lightning, Final Fantasy XIII

"Yes, boo, cause this is Calvin Klein and I don't play that ****" - Tanisha

"You look like a fairy princess...that resides over the pits of hell." - New York

BANNED

The previous reboot proposal was in the 1970s with 3 random women being the Charmed Ones. Didn't get picked up last year.
    First thing I've heard of it.
    Shame. I like things that are set in the 70's.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Charmed View Post
    I'm excited that it isn't set in the 70s anymore. Now, I'm just curious as to which college town it will be set in. I'm a little bummed that it won't also be in San Francisco because the original series had a lot of fun with re-working the city's name into episode titles.

I just also hope that a majority of the storylines don't take place in and around the university (though if it is set in a college town, they probably will). One of the things that I liked about the earlier seasons of Charmed was the lack of tween-teenage drama angst that the current CW dabbles in. Sure, the show had its love triangles, but the characters always felt like adult women, and not overly grown teenagers. Setting it in a college town just screams angst, cute professors, boy drama, and other stuff. However, they may go a whole other route with it as the CW is doing some really great stuff these days *cough* Crazy Ex-Girlfriend *cough*.
    You and I remember this show very differently.

I'm glad the show doesn't take place in San Fran in this version. The original hardly used it as a setting besides showing the skyline at the beginning of the episode.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    First thing I've heard of it.
    Shame. I like things that are set in the 70's.
    That was not my problem with the idea. 3 random women being the Charmed Ones instead of 3 sisters was.

BANNED

That was not my problem with the idea. 3 random women being the Charmed Ones instead of 3 sisters was.
    I don't know. I'm not overly fond of needing to be from a special bloodline, so basically royalty, to save the world. See also Skywalkers.

Mighty Member

I don't know. I'm not overly fond of needing to be from a special bloodline, so basically royalty, to save the world. See also Skywalkers.
    The whole concept of the show was sisters who happen to be witches. If you change the concept you might as well make a new show.

You and I remember this show very differently.
    We probably do. Mind you, I started to watch the show at a very young age, so I have blinders on when it comes to the quality of the show. I realize it's campy and ridiculous--- with lots of crap writing thrown in--- but my love for it allows me to enjoy it for the mess that it is.

"You're dead!"- Soldier
    "You first"- Lightning, Final Fantasy XIII

"Yes, boo, cause this is Calvin Klein and I don't play that ****" - Tanisha

"You look like a fairy princess...that resides over the pits of hell." - New York

Boisterously Confused

The whole concept of the show was sisters who happen to be witches. If you change the concept you might as well make a new show.
    I have to go with regnak here. Not every heroic figure needs be aristocracy, but it doesn't mean that heritage should be banished from story-telling either. Besides, at least in the early seasons, the relationships were used in the plots mainly to explore themes of family rather than legacy.