Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
    Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    One thing worth noting, it's possible that Red Goblin won't be Norman, when he got the Carnage symbiote, he didn't transform into some weird mix of Goblin and symbiote, he just turned into Carnage, so unless the symbiote decides to change appearances or Norman finds some way to control it, Red Goblin could be someone else and Carnage could be a red herring.

Can't wait for Anna Maria clones to pop out because someone was obssessed with her .
    It's hard to imagine the point of this story if neither of (A) Osborn regains control or (B) Osborn rejects the symbiote and then has to fight it happen. If (A), then he'd probably remake the symbiote into a goblin-y visage because he's, well, an obsessive nutball. If (B), then the Red Goblin suit may be his Carnage-fighting apparel.

The null case, where Norman is just the host and never regains control until Carnage is defeated, has potential for massive mayhem, but seems . . . wasteful. The other Osborns could still be imperiled (especially if that's how the symbiote cows Norman, e.g. it implies it'll jump to Stanley if Norman doesn't behave), but it's hard to see why Norman would need to be the host to put them in danger. It's also hard to see how the story where Norman is taken over by the symbiote for 4-5 issues and then is sad about the collateral damage is worth the build up we've gotten. Maybe if the Red Goblin is Harry fighting his father? I suppose I could see that (although it's a bit of a rehash of the American Son arc).

This is not to say that the Red Goblin won't be a resurrected Ned Leeds or Roderick Kingsley's screw up nephew, but I just don't see how that makes thematic sense or serves as any kind of capper on Slott's run.

As to the hypothetical and absurd Anna Maria clones, I'd bet on Grady from Horizon Labs as the creator - he seems like the type that would create his own girlfriend. You'd know which ones are clones because they're all wearing leis

....Can't wait for Anna Maria clones to pop out because someone was obssessed with her .
    The only person I can see doing that would be Otto lol.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Quote Originally Posted by bob/.schoonover View Post
    It's hard to imagine the point of this story if neither of (A) Osborn regains control or (B) Osborn rejects the symbiote and then has to fight it happen. If (A), then he'd probably remake the symbiote into a goblin-y visage because he's, well, an obsessive nutball. If (B), then the Red Goblin suit may be his Carnage-fighting apparel.

The null case, where Norman is just the host and never regains control until Carnage is defeated, has potential for massive mayhem, but seems . . . wasteful. The other Osborns could still be imperiled (especially if that's how the symbiote cows Norman, e.g. it implies it'll jump to Stanley if Norman doesn't behave), but it's hard to see why Norman would need to be the host to put them in danger. It's also hard to see how the story where Norman is taken over by the symbiote for 4-5 issues and then is sad about the collateral damage is worth the build up we've gotten. Maybe if the Red Goblin is Harry fighting his father? I suppose I could see that (although it's a bit of a rehash of the American Son arc).
    I have a hard time imagining Norman taking being able to control Carnage when he decided to just use the symbiote without some counter measure in case it fails (At least, the dialogue from ASM#795 shows he was expecting them to work together), I believe that the symbiote could actualy remove the nanobots (I think they're nanobots? Not sure now) in Norman's blood so Norman can be Green Goblin again. It is far more likely that Red Goblin is just Carnage Norman though, I just don't tend to expect the obvious.

Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    The only person I can see doing that would be Otto lol.
    Superior Clone Saga amirite?

They could always retcon some other character to be obssessed with Anna Maria though, isn't that what happened with Jackal? Hopefuly none of this happens lol.

Maybe everything comes full circle and Peter gets stabbed with a glider. Ends with Peter in a coma. Norman gets a symbolic piece of revenge decades after he was first "killed" in the same way.

...Unless of course that's been done before. My history is very spotty after all this time.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    ...Unless of course that's been done before. My history is very spotty after all this time.
    Ben Reilly was struck in the back with the Goblin glider at the end of the clone saga.

Mighty Member

I have a hard time imagining Norman taking being able to control Carnage when he decided to just use the symbiote without some counter measure in case it fails (At least, the dialogue from ASM#795 shows he was expecting them to work together), I believe that the symbiote could actualy remove the nanobots (I think they're nanobots? Not sure now) in Norman's blood so Norman can be Green Goblin again. It is far more likely that Red Goblin is just Carnage Norman though, I just don't tend to expect the obvious.
    Your point is well taken. I do think there'll be a good twist somewhere in here. I just don't think it'll be with the Red Goblin's identity. Maybe it's because of the SSM "yeah, the Goblin King is Osborn" arc, but I don't think Slott's going to do another "who's the Goblin" story for the big anniversary. Of course, I could easily be wrong

Quote Originally Posted by bob/.schoonover View Post
    Your point is well taken. I do think there'll be a good twist somewhere in here. I just don't think it'll be with the Red Goblin's identity. Maybe it's because of the SSM "yeah, the Goblin King is Osborn" arc, but I don't think Slott's going to do another "who's the Goblin" story for the big anniversary. Of course, I could easily be wrong
    It could be that he decides to do the opposite of Superior, in that there was this whole "Who's Green Goblin?" as you mentioned, but this case could be that we "know" who the Goblin is, but turns out to be someone else, that could piss off a lot of people though.

BANNED

I'm leaning towards those who think it may be Liz who takes the fall but might also add that Stormin' Norman doesn't make it either. I can see this as a set up where Liz is killed, sending Harry off the deep end (again) and he actually is the one who takes out Norman. Of course, young Normie hasn't really added anything to the Spidey 616 since...well forever....could Marvel be so bold/cold/controversial to off him??

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Spidey5640 View Post
    I'm leaning towards those who think it may be Liz who takes the fall but might also add that Stormin' Norman doesn't make it either. I can see this as a set up where Liz is killed, sending Harry off the deep end (again) and he actually is the one who takes out Norman. Of course, young Normie hasn't really added anything to the Spidey 616 since...well forever....could Marvel be so bold/cold/controversial to off him??
    How much damage do you think the red goblin will do to Peter? Aunt May's death? The destruction of the Daily Bugle?

Quote Originally Posted by rward777 View Post
    How much damage do you think the red goblin will do to Peter? Aunt May's death? The destruction of the Daily Bugle?
    Nah, we all know Aunt May will never die for good. She is the cockroach of comic book characters. I'd be insulted as a fan if they killed her at this point and expected anything more than a collective meh.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    Nah, we all know Aunt May will never die for good. She is the cockroach of comic book characters. I'd be insulted as a fan if they killed her at this point and expected anything more than a collective meh.
    I wonder if ASM will be cancelled after this storyline.

I hope nobody dies. how many people constantly die?

then some come back and it gets bizarre. especially with the clone context, that angle has been done to death, IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by rward777 View Post
    I wonder if ASM will be cancelled after this storyline.
    Nah. It will almost certainly be relaunched as ASM Volume 5 though. Marvel seemingly cannot live with a title with numbering around # 802, 803. They will cash in with #800 and then likely relaunch again, despite the pledge to return to renumbering with Marvel Legacy last year.

Extraordinary Member

After the last issue, I think they are definitely building up to some OMD callbacks. I mean, from the teases we've seen throughout the books for a while, including that Mephisto cameo in Spider-Man/Deadpool to #795, they have to be ramping up to revisiting the events of OMD.

It may not be a full reversal of OMD, but maybe Peter final learns the truth that he and Mary Jane were married and that Mephisto messed with his reality.

BANNED

Comixology have a sale on for Amazing Spider-Man Annual 21 now.

https://www.comixology.com/Amazing-S...l-comic/150560