Page 652 of 774 FirstFirst ... 152552602642648649650651652653654655656662702752 ... LastLast
Results 9,766 to 9,780 of 11598

Quote Originally Posted by CosmiComic View Post
    I don't see why it can't be both.
    Because they way they want their faves is to have Wanda wrecked. The best way to have your faves is give them something of their own and stop trying to saddle Wanda with that.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    Because they way they want their faves is to have Wanda wrecked. The best way to have your faves is give them something of their own and stop trying to saddle Wanda with that.
    Oh, I wasn't clear but I was kinda directing my comment towards those fans who don't care about Wanda being wrecked.

Quote Originally Posted by CosmiComic View Post
    Oh, I wasn't clear but I was kinda directing my comment towards those fans who don't care about Wanda being wrecked.
    I feel it depends on what you feel is wrecked I personally don't think Wanda would be destroyed if they did choose to make her a "villain" who's only priority is her family ironically I feel most casuals would love her more. *shrugs* Example being Mandarin in Shang Chi people are praising him more than hating him.

People might love her. But our greatest fear is that Wanda would be tossed aside for other characters like comics. And why shouldn't we be upset about our favorite gotten so wrong? People act so surprised by that. And it'd hardly be the first time ever that fans were upset about a wrong interpretation. Especially since result before cost the character more than others.

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    People might love her. But our greatest fear is that Wanda would be tossed aside for other characters like comics. And why shouldn't we be upset about our favorite gotten so wrong? People act so surprised by that. And it'd hardly be the first time ever that fans were upset about a wrong interpretation. Especially since result before cost the character more than others.
    What cost Wanda was people thinking she is just crazy. Even though she worked through certain things. It wasn’t even the reality warping it’s just the negative misogynistic trope “women are crazy”. Wanda doing questionably moral things to get the job done wouldn’t be a bad interpretation for her, but just make her more intriguing to those who might overlook her.
    “There is no defense against the Scarlet Witch's HEX!

Quote Originally Posted by Covetous_One View Post
    WandaVision left Wanda being a hero an open question.
    This is why I didn't like the ending of the show.

Quote Originally Posted by Covetous_One View Post
    What cost Wanda was people thinking she is just crazy. Even though she worked through certain things. It wasn’t even the reality warping it’s just the negative misogynistic trope “women are crazy”. Wanda doing questionably moral things to get the job done wouldn’t be a bad interpretation for her, but just make her more intriguing to those who might overlook her.
    They should look for another character to fit their mold. Wanting to co-op some other character to fit that seems odd. Even for as different as the MCU has been, for the most part they keep the core of who characters are. For some reason people want Wanda to be the only exception to that.

Being turned into the villain of the movie would only kill her characterization, even at the end of WandaVision, you can say she did everything wrong but still, it was more of a girl who was denial in her fantasy and then let the town free, the leaks makes it seems like she's a full villain chasing a kid and strange across the multiverse

If its true they will probably just kill her off or make her sacrifice herself at the end...
    Last edited by Cruelrain; 10-03-2021 at 12:35 PM.

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

I don't think (and I hope) that we have anything to fear about Wanda's future in the MCU. Wandavision was a huge ratings success for Disney/Marvel, getting significant Emmy recognition, 23 nominations in all with both Paul Bettany and Elizabeth Olsen getting nominated. Of course the movie appearances were solid. I'd be over the moon if Doom got half the attention from the studio.

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cruelrain View Post
    Being turned into the villain of the movie would only kill her characterization, even at the end of WandaVision, you can say she did everything wrong but still, it was more of a girl who was denial in her fantasy and then let the town free, the leaks makes it seems like she's a full villain chasing a kid and strange across the multiverse

If this true they will probably just kill her off or make her sacrifice herself at the end...
    I think that would happen if she does an RDJ and Elizabeth Olsen wants to leave for other films, etc.

Here in the minute 10:00 Lizzie was asked about future projects she would want to do with Wanda after MoM, this was in august

(Of course she wouldn't spoil DS2) but it gives some hope that she will still around for some future projects with her new popularity.
    Last edited by Cruelrain; 10-03-2021 at 01:24 PM.

I'm starting to think more and more that Wanda will be missing/away at the end of DS2, and the expected Young Avengers project will be somewhat based on Children's Crusade.

I don't think so based on how long it could be before they do YA. I think they are setting stuff up for magic characters.

Ultimate Member

As long as there's no creep Dr. Doom marriage!

Dr. Doom isn't even in the MCU yet. They have to introduce the F4. Which isn't supposed to happen until the end of this Phase. And we don't know if the villain will be Doom. It could be Annihilus or someone else.