Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

I'll post a summary here, since I don't know if it warrants a thread. A lot of the story hinges on previous issues of BP and the story focuses much more on Wakanda stuff than anything X-related. But it does have some interesting implications for X-books.

spoilers:

So T'Challa and some girl named Omglol are heading to Mars to lay low for a bit. Shuri wanted him to bring assassins back alive, but T'Challa couldn't so whoops. Anyway, more Wakanda government drama, what else is new. BP and Lol are pretty cool, they seem to identify each other's shortcomings, while trying to support each other. I don't know if they're dating or what, but they have good chemistry. They feel like real friends. Omahaw's husband or something was a sleeper agent or something, and he enjoyed his life in America. But BP feels guilty for forcing him into that position in the first place, even if it did pay off for the guy in the end.

Anyway, they land on Mars. Storm, Gambit, Gentle and Rogue greet them. (Note: Rogue has no lines this issue either.) Storm and T'Challa are on good terms, but Gentle's pissy because he was not welcome in Wakanda, despite helping save it in the past. BP is all "that sucks and all, you left on your own accord, so that's on you lmao." Gentle bitch-slaps Black Panther and says he hates Wakandans.

Before Gentle can beat BP up some more, Storm ruins the fun by saying that Gentle is acting OOC. She's all "You don't hate them. And don't be like those jerks who rejected you, you gotta be better than them." (She said it in a nicer way, I'm just taking some artistic license.) Gentle apologizes and stops kicking T'Challa's ass.

Anyway, Storm and BP hang out for a bit. They have some cute chemistry. Storm asks who his gf is, and BP's all "she's just a friend. Also, someone she love died. Also, someone I love is gone. I can't talk about it because I'm still going through the grieving process. But talking to you makes me smile." Storm kisses him, then immediately nope's out and flies away.

Gentle shows up and apologizes. I don't know if he was lurking in the distance this whole time or what. BP just says that it was no problem, and that he "had to make it look good." T'Challa is deactivating his agents (plot point from the first 2 issues?), and that includes Gentle. Gentle's like "Why? I'd die for you, my king." BP's all "yeah but people are killing them so... lol." Gentle and BP hug.
    end of spoilers

There's some post-story story but none of it involves mutants, so I didn't read it. I actually might pick up this Black Panther run. The writing was really sincere and I appreciated the connections between all these characters. I'm curious as to what this all means for Gentle though.
    Last edited by Rift; 01-26-2022 at 08:22 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Hellion is the talk of the boards and rightfully so.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rift View Post
    I'll post a summary here, since I don't know if it warrants a thread. A lot of the story hinges on previous issues of BP and the story focuses much more on Wakanda stuff than anything X-related. But it does have some interesting implications for X-books.

spoilers:

So T'Challa and some girl named Omglol are heading to Mars to lay low for a bit. Shuri wanted him to bring assassins back alive, but T'Challa couldn't so whoops. Anyway, more Wakanda government drama, what else is new. BP and Lol are pretty cool, they seem to identify each other's shortcomings, while trying to support each other. I don't know if they're dating or what, but they have good chemistry. They feel like real friends. Omahaw's husband or something was a sleeper agent or something, and he enjoyed his life in America. But BP feels guilty for forcing him into that position in the first place, even if it did pay off for the guy in the end.

Anyway, they land on Mars. Storm, Gambit, Gentle and Rogue greet them. (Note: Rogue has no lines this issue either.) Storm and T'Challa are on good terms, but Gentle's pissy because he was not welcome in Wakanda, despite helping save it in the past. BP is all "that sucks and all, you left on your own accord, so that's on you lmao." Gentle bitch-slaps Black Panther and says he hates Wakandans.

Before Gentle can beat BP up some more, Storm ruins the fun by saying that Gentle is acting OOC. She's all "You don't hate them. And don't be like those jerks who rejected you, you gotta be better than them." (She said it in a nicer way, I'm just taking some artistic license.) Gentle apologizes and stops kicking T'Challa's ass.

Anyway, Storm and BP hang out for a bit. They have some cute chemistry. Storm asks who his gf is, and BP's all "she's just a friend. Also, someone she love died. Also, someone I love is gone. I can't talk about it because I'm still going through the grieving process. But talking to you makes me smile." Storm kisses him, then immediately nope's out and flies away.

Gentle shows up and apologizes. I don't know if he was lurking in the distance this whole time or what. BP just says that it was no problem, and that he "had to make it look good." T'Challa is deactivating his agents (plot point from the first 2 issues?), and that includes Gentle. Gentle's like "Why? I'd die for you, my king." BP's all "yeah but people are killing them so... lol." Gentle and BP hug.
    end of spoilers

There's some post-story story but none of it involves mutants, so I didn't read it. I actually might pick up this Black Panther run. The writing was really sincere and I appreciated the connections between all these characters. I'm curious as to what this all means for Gentle though.
    I'm surprised it took this long for something like that to happen. Krakoa is lucky if it's just Wakanda and not others places as well

Quote Originally Posted by Saithor View Post
    I'm surprised it took this long for something like that to happen. Krakoa is lucky if it's just Wakanda and not others places as well
    Not other places that we know of. Remember, all Gentle has to do is keep saying "Boy, I hate humans" and mutants will instantly accept him.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by LordUltimus View Post
    Not other places that we know of. Remember, all Gentle has to do is keep saying "Boy, I hate humans" and mutants will instantly accept him.
    Either he's got some telepathy blockers or they are really picky with those security systems.

But yeah, you have to wonder what is Beast doing if that is sufficient to not trip the "Possible secret agent" trigger.

Huh....so how long do you think till it's revealed Pete Wisdom is still working for England?

Either he's got some telepathy blockers or they are really picky with those security systems.

But yeah, you have to wonder what is Beast doing if that is sufficient to not trip the "Possible secret agent" trigger.

Huh....so how long do you think till it's revealed Pete Wisdom is still working for England?
    I mean, we literally have a mind controlled secret agent on the Quiet Council with Colossus.

Krakoan security sucks. This shit would never have happened on Utopia.

Incredible Member

I want to know what Gentle fans think about this issue.

Astonishing Member

I mean, we literally have a mind controlled secret agent on the Quiet Council with Colossus.

Krakoan security sucks. This shit would never have happened on Utopia.
    So...they should kill Chuck again?

It doesn't matter if he is spying for Wakanda because he is still a mutant and is allowed on Krakoa. The difference is if someone is spying to actively hurt or attack Krakoa. They have already been over this in X Force with the Russian fiasco

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Outburstz View Post
    It doesn't matter if he is spying for Wakanda because he is still a mutant and is allowed on Krakoa. The difference is if someone is spying to actively hurt or attack Krakoa. They have already been over this in X Force with the Russian fiasco
    I...what.....okay, are keeping the protocols secret important or not to Krakoa? Or general information considering how they went out of there way to hide stuff from the Avengers during Trial of Magneto?

You, uh, do realize what sleeper agents are typically for, right? Their spying is done to hurt the country their spying on eventually.

Besides, what if Gentle tipped off T'Challa about the resurrection protocols? Does this mean they're obligated to wipe T'Challa's memory like Ben Urich?

You, uh, do realize what sleeper agents are typically for, right? Their spying is done to hurt the country their spying on eventually.

Besides, what if Gentle tipped off T'Challa about the resurrection protocols? Does this mean they're obligated to wipe T'Challa's memory like Ben Urich?
    For T'Challa I'd say no since many on the council wouldn't view him as a threat to Krakoa, but a vote could change that. Now if it was a Latverian or Russian Sleeper agent that's different, since both have already shown to be actively hurting mutants.

I...what.....okay, are keeping the protocols secret important or not to Krakoa? Or general information considering how they went out of there way to hide stuff from the Avengers during Trial of Magneto?
    The Avengers don't have Krakoa's trust. Black Panther does mainly through Storm since she is on the council she can vouch for him
    Last edited by Outburstz; 01-26-2022 at 10:14 AM.

Astonishing Member

For T'Challa I'd say no since many on the council wouldn't view him as a threat to Krakoa, but a vote could change that. Now if it was a Latverian or Russian Sleeper agent that's different, since both have already shown to be actively hurting mutants.
    ....typically you don't let any sleeper agents in your country because you know, unless you specifically control what they know, having a sleeper agent in your country is a bad thing, because you don't know what is going to be done with the information they send back, or if say, Wakanda trades that information with anyone, or if anyone who has a spy in Wakanda might find out if they are looking over Wakanda's intelligence reports.

And do we know if anyone outside of maybe the X-men members of the Quiet Council consider T'challa a non-threat?

....typically you don't let any sleeper agents in your country because you know, unless you specifically control what they know, having a sleeper agent in your country is a bad thing, because you don't know what is going to be done with the information they send back, or if say, Wakanda trades that information with anyone, or if anyone who has a spy in Wakanda might find out if they are looking over Wakanda's intelligence reports.

And do we know if anyone outside of maybe the X-men members of the Quiet Council consider T'challa a non-threat?
    I never said the whole council trust Wakanda I just believe enough wouldn't mind it since Wakanda isn't an active problem compared to many other nations on Earth.

If they find out information that Wakanda is becoming an active problem for mutants that can change. How they deal with Gentle.

Astonishing Member

I never said the whole council trust Wakanda I just believe enough wouldn't mind it since Wakanda isn't an active problem compared to many other nations on Earth.

If they find out information that Wakanda is becoming an active problem for mutants that can change. How they deal with Gentle.
    Yea, it's not common practice for nations to just kill or capture spies that they know are in their borders as far as I know. At least not major nations like the US and Russia. Generally they're flagged and watched until it seems they get to close to sensitive info or are gonna do more than observe. It's possible the X-Men know Gentle's true colors but aren't acting on it yet to not start trouble. As long as they keep him away from the really big secrets he doesn't seem like that big a problem.

But there would probably have to be some concern about info slipping out of Wakanda. They've gotten on the bad side of the Russians in Avengers. Started doing cyberwarfare against the US. And based off this issue looks like they're gonna go through another civil war. Wakanda may be too volatile to let Krakoan state secrets accumulate there. It'd be a goldmine for anyone that's smart enough to take advantage of the chaos there (Doom, Namor, etc.)

Astonishing Member

Honestly I actually am glad they are addressing national identities again at least. We've come a long way from me punching a wall over Dani's comments from New Mutants #1.