Page 31 of 43 FirstFirst ... 2127282930313233343541 ... LastLast

Yeah, Sue and Johnny were both not originally meant to be there. That explains why they apparently lack the appropriate skillset.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    make her an anthropologist since she's the only human who can understand those three dummies + kids
    That works for MCU Sue. Make it xeno-anthropology, a new field that is slowly growing with the confirmation of aliens in the MCU.

Quote Originally Posted by CrystaliaArmadia View Post
    I definitely like the archaeologist angle. I've never thought of it and it would be a good dynamic with them as adventures. Having said that I also wouldn't mind if she is a health expert like a psychologist, psychiatrist or physician. The social and community aspects of medicine are enough to differentiate her from Reed who I see more as an in-lab researcher and also fits into her being the one that always looks out for everyone's well being.
    Her being a physician works as well, especially for rounding out a crew on an expedition.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptCleghorn View Post
    Sue as a medic fits in with pretty much every version of the origin flight. Sue as an archeologist does fit in with the Slott origin flight reason. Personally, I have no strong preference one way or the other on Sue's profession, but the aspect I'm most concerned with is to give her and Johnny reasons for being on the flight. 1961 comic book logic won't work in 21st century storytelling.

Slott's tweak to the origin has both longevity (until we actually discover FTL travel) and less unbelievable.
    Slott gave Johnny a reason to be on the flight and I hope he eventually gives Sue one too.

I think archaeology can work with 616 Sue. It may not give her a reason to be on the flight, but it gives her a unique career. It also doesn't interfere much with FF history if you make a field she almost completed, but dropped. Either because she had to raise Johnny or because of the accident that gave them powers.
    Last edited by Crimz; 10-05-2019 at 04:33 PM.
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

While the spy stuff seems to be too obvious and not my favorite either, I think to set Sue's first solo adventure, we need something removed from her team and her scientific, cosmic family.
    I think the spy stuff is obviously where Sue could be used immediately. It makes Sue useful to authorities. The FF’s second issue had the authorities arrest them for sabotaging the world, so one way to smooth over the suspicion in the FF is to be included in the services. All the super heroes in those first few months of the MU worked for the government. I know in the first FF story, the highly classified CIA U2 mission pics were handed to the FF. The Indiana Jones stuff could be interesting, but Sue isn’t a thief and she doesn’t kill people, she’s clandestine.

You’d have to have heat detectors in every room against Sue, but now with what Valeria taught Sue to do, who knows if she can’t alter her heat signature anyway. This spy stuff is the FF becoming useful to the normal humans. You make yourself useful, they won’t find a reason to put a bullet in your head sometime later. It’s good PR.
    Last edited by jackolover; 10-05-2019 at 05:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Crimz View Post
    I think archaeology can work with 616 Sue. It may not give her a reason to be on the flight, but it gives her a unique career. It also doesn't interfere much with FF history if you make a field she almost completed, but dropped. Either because she had to raise Johnny or because of the accident that gave them powers.
    If the four are going to a planet with life and a civilization, then Sue as an archeologist is useful to get an understanding of any civilization. A randome spaceflight or a trip to the moon or Mars would make an archeologist pretty much useless.

If the four are going to a planet with life and a civilization, then Sue as an archeologist is useful to get an understanding of any civilization. A randome spaceflight or a trip to the moon or Mars would make an archeologist pretty much useless.
    Most places the FF visit have some form of sentient life and the few that don't would only make things no different than they are now. She'd still be useful in her usual ways on those planets.

Most places the FF visit have some form of sentient life and the few that don't would only make things no different than they are now. She'd still be useful in her usual ways on those planets.
    The point isn't the FF visiting during their later adventures. The point is the original flight. Only Slott's tweak makes an archeologist potentially useful.

The point isn't the FF visiting during their later adventures. The point is the original flight. Only Slott's tweak makes an archeologist potentially useful.
    That's why I like it tbh. It doesn't change the original origin of Reed being desperate and bringing two people who shouldn't be on the flight. However, with Slott's retcon of it now being a planet, she's a useful replacement.
    It works for both, not in making her useful in both but in keeping to what they set out to do.

The best moment from Fantastic Four:1234

BANNED

So I represented Sue in a CaV on ComicVine, what do you guys think?https://comicvine.gamespot.com/forum...ig-88-2049677/

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Maximoff View Post
    So I represented Sue in a CaV on ComicVine, what do you guys think?https://comicvine.gamespot.com/forum...ig-88-2049677/
    Nice argument, even saw some panels I hadn't saw in a while.

https://twitter.com/MattiaIulis/stat...14026902720514

I'm sad that it's almost over. I hope this won't be last and she gets another solo/mini relatively soon. This time with an all-female creative team.

And hopefully with better promo.
    Last edited by Crimz; 10-10-2019 at 04:44 PM.

Still waiting on someone at Marvel to explore her connection to Hyperspace...

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

This is late but I like Sue's frosty reaction to Black Cat in her home.
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Quote Originally Posted by Ravin' Ray View Post
    This is late but I like Sue's frosty reaction to Black Cat in her home.
    Yeah it made sense considering Black Cat's history and the fact she trashed Sue's home.

Speaking of frosty, I hope Sue and Emma interact again. Emma brings out a more petty side to Sue that we rarely get to see and is fun to read.

Yeah it made sense considering Black Cat's history and the fact she trashed Sue's home.

Speaking of frosty, I hope Sue and Emma interact again. Emma brings out a more petty side to Sue that we rarely get to see and is fun to read.

I remain convinced Sue has a white trash streak deep inside her and she can fall into a less polished demeanor. She's human, after all, and compared to her teammates, she's a behavioral icon, but sometimes, as can be seen by her language, she falls into someone who locks all the doors and watches Jerry Springer.

As for Emma, Sue's a more direct person. Emma plays on emotions and can be self-absorbed at the cost of more important aspects. It's not a surprise Sue's less than cordial with her.