Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Default Batman: The Imposter #1 Preview

Batman: The Imposter #1 Preview
    Writer: Mattson Tomlin
    Artist: Andrea Sorrentino

Nothing says "realistic Batman" like getting beat up and your identity exposed in the first few pages by black (?) Leslie Thompkins...

Extraordinary Member

To be fair, incompetent Batman is probably the second most realistic Batman, behind only dead Batman.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Nothing says "realistic Batman" like getting beat up and your identity exposed in the first few pages by black (?) Leslie Thompkins...
    Well, it is a "BLACK LABEL" title?

Quote Originally Posted by Hypo View Post
    To be fair, incompetent Batman is probably the second most realistic Batman, behind only dead Batman.
    Reminds me of Earth One Batman...

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

DR. THOMPKINS?!

The youth, not the black. Why do they always make her young?

Okay so she's not that young...

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    DR. THOMPKINS?!

The youth, not the black. Why do they always make her young?

Okay so she's not that young...
    Compared to New 52 Leslie, this seems like an okay compromise. She's obviously older and wiser than Bruce here if not as old as Alfred in that one panel of him.

I'm at least a C-Lister! exile001's Avatar

Funny enough, the hardcover has been listed on Amazon (UK) for months. All I need is Andrea Sorrentino. Sold.
    "Has Sariel summoned you here, Azrael? Have you come to witness the miracle of your brethren arriving on Earth?"

"I WILL MIX THE ASHES OF YOUR BONES WITH SALT AND USE THEM TO ENSURE THE EARTH THE TEMPLARS TILLED NEVER BEARS FRUIT AGAIN!"

"*sigh* I hoped it was for the miracle."

Dan Watters' Azrael was incredible, a constant delight and perhaps too good for this world (but not the Forth). For the love of St. Dumas, DC, give us more!!!

It gave me Netflix DD vibes. It's a decent issue with twice the normal amount of pages. It also has some fun Batman Villian reimaginings. If you like rookie Batman in a more grounded style, this is for you.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 10-12-2021 at 11:38 AM.

This was fantastic!!!

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

Picked this up because I was looking for something new to read and Sorrentino will at least get my eyes on it. Liked it. Has a very movie feel to it. Halfway through I was wondering if this takes place in the same universe as the new movie. Some of the characters even look like they were drawn that way. Sorrentino could draw the phone book and I would buy it. And, yes, incompetent Batman is the most predictable route in the world but that at least keeps it grounded. I also like the fact that we're three years into his career and he's still has no Batmobile. Ditto the zip lines and motorcycles he leaves all over the city. I would estimate Leslie at being around 50. Though I can see why some would think she's younger. I like the new cop and the fact that they're not just rehashing Montoya or Harvey. It's obvious that something happened to Gordon in this universe. It will be interesting to see what.
    Assassinate Putin!

Quote Originally Posted by Bad Witch View Post
    This was fantastic!!!
    Hear hear. I freaking loved it. Ratcatcher FTW!

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

This was absolutely top notch, if this is a sort of movie tie in and the movie is even half as good it just might be the best Batman movie ever.
    Looking for a friendly place to discuss comic books? Try The Classic Comics Forum!

Quote Originally Posted by thwhtGuardian View Post
    This was absolutely top notch, if this is a sort of movie tie in and the movie is even half as good it just might be the best Batman movie ever.
    Agreed.

The moment that took my breath away and sold me completely that this was going to be really special was the nature of Bruce’s signature. For so many reasons.

Quote Originally Posted by BatmanJones View Post
    Agreed.

The moment that took my breath away and sold me completely that this was going to be really special was the nature of Bruce’s signature. For so many reasons.
    I've been spoiled the last few days. I read batman nine lives for the first time and then this.. Talk about a good time!! I almost don't want to read anything for a bit because I don't want to go back to d.c current yawn.