Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910 LastLast
    Astonishing Member

I'm slowly catching up on the show. I like it but there's a lot that can be improved.

And I'm really not happy James Woods is on this. Ever sicne I found out how much of a dirtbag he is in real life my love of his works has plummeted.

I do like that Stargirl, Firestorm and Blue Beetle are the teen trio it seems so far. Drat my shippiness was hoping for Stargirl and Blue Beetle as a couple. Seems they're pushing Firestorm and Stargirl though.

Quote Originally Posted by PyroTwilight View Post
    And I'm really not happy James Woods is on this. Ever sicne I found out how much of a dirtbag he is in real life my love of his works has plummeted.
    I'm not crazy about him as a person but I have to admit he's grown on me as Luthor (it might help that he's a villain ).

Granted, he's retiring, so it's kind of a moot point...

I do like that Stargirl, Firestorm and Blue Beetle are the teen trio it seems so far. Drat my shippiness was hoping for Stargirl and Blue Beetle as a couple. Seems they're pushing Firestorm and Stargirl though.

I really enjoy this show's take on Firestorm and Stargirl .

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I'm not crazy about him as a person but I have to admit he's grown on me as Luthor (it might help that he's a villain ).

Granted, he's retiring, so it's kind of a moot point...

I really enjoy this show's take on Firestorm and Stargirl .
    Yep. That's the scene that really made me realize they were pairing the two. Plus that one scene Stargirl seemed to be thinking about Firestorm though I don't remember the context. I do like the them but so far most of the characters seem really stereotyped and that seems to extend to Firestorm, Stargirl and Blue Beetle as well.

Woods is retiring? That's certainly cheering me up a bit then. Haha.

I do also think Space Cabbie and Roxy Rocket could be a cute couple. That ending with him having to call her to get picked up seemed like the start of something to me. Granted Roxy's always pretty flirty so maybe I'm overthinking it.

Quote Originally Posted by PyroTwilight View Post
    Yep. That's the scene that really made me realize they were pairing the two. Plus that one scene Stargirl seemed to be thinking about Firestorm though I don't remember the context. I do like the them but so far most of the characters seem really stereotyped and that seems to extend to Firestorm, Stargirl and Blue Beetle as well.
    I think you're thinking of "Myx's Mix Up," where Stargirl admits she wanted to call in Firestorm just to meet him rather then as part of a plan to foil Mxyzptlk .

I don't think they're stereotyped so much as certain elements of their characterization are exaggerated for comedic or cartoonish effect, befitting the style of the show, which I think works.

Woods is retiring? That's certainly cheering me up a bit then. Haha.
    Glad to be of help .

I do also think Space Cabbie and Roxy Rocket could be a cute couple. That ending with him having to call her to get picked up seemed like the start of something to me. Granted Roxy's always pretty flirty so maybe I'm overthinking it.
    I wouldn't mind that, or at least seeing more competition between the two of them and maybe Cabbie going up against Roxy if she goes back to her life of crime...

New short is out... Party Time!

Astonishing Member

The Wisdom of Solomon strikes again!

Solomon: Billy...are you really using my wisdow for balloon ani-
    Billy: PLEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAASE
    Solomon: Fine

I do love seeing some irregular combos of characters. Shame though. I was hoping to actually see Joker try to entertain the kids. Or the actual Clown to show up and get into a fight with Joker.

Extraordinary Member Vanguard-01's Avatar

Nice to see Diana being a mentor to Kara, here!

Only downside? Man! They are determined to play this "Man-hater Hippolyta" thing to death!

Though much is taken, much abides; and though
    We are not now that strength which in old days
    Moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are,
    One equal temper of heroic hearts,
    Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
    To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.

--Lord Alfred Tennyson--

Quote Originally Posted by Vanguard-01 View Post
    Nice to see Diana being a mentor to Kara, here!

Only downside? Man! They are determined to play this "Man-hater Hippolyta" thing to death!

It's nice to see Wonder Woman interacting with another female hero .

I love this show so much!

Astonishing Member signalman112's Avatar

Christmas episode was alot of fun. Nice to see quite a few Leaguers around plus Grundy.
    Same for the Superman-Flash race episode.

The latest episodes have been so good. Who’d have thought we’d get Superman: Red Son, the return of Aya from Green Lantern: The Animated Series, and Uncle Marvel voiced by John Astin. And the Christmas special was really fun.
    Good Marvel characters- Bring Them Back!!!

Quote Originally Posted by KurtW95 View Post
    The latest episodes have been so good. Who’d have thought we’d get Superman: Red Son, the return of Aya from Green Lantern: The Animated Series, and Uncle Marvel voiced by John Astin. And the Christmas special was really fun.
    I'm going to miss this show when it's gone .

Extraordinary Member Vanguard-01's Avatar

I'm going to miss this show when it's gone .
    Has it been confirmed that it's going?

If so, then why can't WB just move the show to the new streaming service?
    Though much is taken, much abides; and though
    We are not now that strength which in old days
    Moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are,
    One equal temper of heroic hearts,
    Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
    To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.

--Lord Alfred Tennyson--

Quote Originally Posted by Vanguard-01 View Post
    Has it been confirmed that it's going?

If so, then why can't WB just move the show to the new streaming service?
    Right now it seems to be in limbo, neither renewed or canceled, the same kind of limbo we've had with a lot of DC cartoons CN unceremoniously ended.

I don't want to be negative or pessimistic, but I've never been very confident in CN's handling or view of the show.

I think, ideally, it would be great if they moved it to the streaming service but there's still so many questions about what kind of content it will have and whether they can afford it that I'm not sure it's a safe bet.

But I really hope JLA gets to continue in some form in the future.

Right now it seems to be in limbo, neither renewed or canceled, the same kind of limbo we've had with a lot of DC cartoons CN unceremoniously ended.

I don't want to be negative or pessimistic, but I've never been very confident in CN's handling or view of the show.

I think, ideally, it would be great if they moved it to the streaming service but there's still so many questions about what kind of content it will have and whether they can afford it that I'm not sure it's a safe bet.

But I really hope JLA gets to continue in some form in the future.
    That’s a bummer! Why do all the good DC cartoons get canned but Teen Titans remains unscathed?