Page 255 of 347 FirstFirst ... 155205245251252253254255256257258259265305 ... LastLast
Results 3,811 to 3,825 of 5196

Wishful thinking, but you never know. Movie news soon....?

https://twitter.com/chrizmillr/statu...72796329361408
    Co-host of Ultimate Spin - the Spider-Fan podcast for Miles Morales and Spider-Gwen!
    And check out our in-depth podcast interviews with their creators!

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

spoilers:
    Bioelectric tethers that work like webbing? That could work, even if it looks and sounds a bit like Julia Carpenter's psi-webs. Would be looking forward to seeing that power get developed more, especially if it means making Miles more distinct from Peter.
    end of spoilers
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Astonishing Member CrimsonEchidna's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    That was me. And yeah, he shouldn't be sleeping when he's got a one hour time limit.

Maybe it takes place during U.S.Avengers #10? He was actually locked in Red Hulk form thanks to Hydra. I can't think of any other way for it to make sense, since we're clearly post Secret Empire.
    Or just another Bendis Continuity Snarl.

Quote Originally Posted by Project37 View Post
    I really enjoyed this!

spoilers:
    I tried to respectfully present a constructive critique of the venom sting several months ago on this thread, only to have a bunch of people here jump down my throat and dismiss my perspective as some kind of "hater." That didn't change my opinion, so I've been genuinely enjoying the last few issues where Bendis not only dialed down its use, but in this issue finally (FINALLY) has Miles acknowledge the "risk factor" of using the power (i.e., super blast leaves him weak). We'd gotten a hint of it in Japan, but it was great to see it spelled out. It was also good seeing Miles' cockiness about it taken down a peg. While some people may not like the new surprise ability, I thought it was a smart choice to have the power evolve while skillfully tying together these new ideas of Miles wanting to be his own man instead of "Spider-Man" (I hope the webshooters stay retired for a little while; makes it interesting). And how fantastic to have Lana reel him back in almost immediately. I don't think that's strictly about "power and responsibility", but perhaps some feelings that might be worth exploring. I had a similar thought about the dark mirror aspect with Momshell and the Iron Spider.
    end of spoilers

The book has really hit a great stride and it's a shame that it's doing so right as its creator/writer is ready to move on. I'm looking forward to an awesome "end point" that tees it up for the next part of the journey.
    I know people get defensive about it, but I was in agreement with you. :P

It's partly why I am happy that the book will be getting another writer in the future. Much as I like most of Bendis' work on the book, it's always been the aspect that sticks out like a sore thumb.

With that said, I did like the actual application of the power set here. Whether Miles' continues being Spider-Man or gets a new identity, I like that there's more to his Venom Sting than just touching guy or doing the Super Saiyan blast. More flexibility with both that and his stealth cloaking would be cool. Helps further the niche between himself and Peter.
    Last edited by CrimsonEchidna; 12-06-2017 at 04:29 PM.
    The artist formerly known as OrpheusTelos.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Yeah, that's exactly what I mean. It was on the next issue page.

Attachment 58998
    very nice
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

It wasn't mentioned yesterday, but I'm glad Ganke was going to tell Miles about Danika. He didn't get the chance to but he made the attempt which shows he wasn't just putting it off. This does still mean that Miles could just end up finding out about it on his own. Do you all think he'll get the chance to tell Miles or will it just be a caught in the act type deal?

For the new powers Unspeakable brought up an idea I really like but what's everyone else's ideas on how it could be used?

We'll be getting our first look at the movie in two days at Brazil Comic-Con.
    https://twitter.com/SonyPictures/sta...70086222950401

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonick View Post
    Christmas, Hanukah, Kwanzaa, and all of our birthdays just came early!

It wasn't mentioned yesterday, but I'm glad Ganke was going to tell Miles about Danika. He didn't get the chance to but he made the attempt which shows he wasn't just putting it off. This does still mean that Miles could just end up finding out about it on his own. Do you all think he'll get the chance to tell Miles or will it just be a caught in the act type deal?

For the new powers Unspeakable brought up an idea I really like but what's everyone else's ideas on how it could be used?
    I think one of the main components Miles' new powers can serve is as a replacement for his web shooters.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimm911 View Post
    I think one of the main components Miles' new powers can serve is as a replacement for his web shooters.
    It's definitely going to look cool seeing him swing around on golden threads and spinning webs. Also CBR wrote an article about the new power and what's going on in the book.
    https://www.cbr.com/miles-morales-spider-man-new-power/

Astonishing Member

spoilers:
    Well I'm definitely liking the story aspect to it, the art on the other hand has been very subpar, especially in comparison to the greats like Sara and David. I was afraid of this happening with Sara leaving the book.

But Miles new power! Awesome, I can already imagine the haters having a fit, first so many already had an issue with just venom blast itself and now this? lol, and I myself am going to genuinely love it.
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Project37 View Post
    Wishful thinking, but you never know. Movie news soon....?

https://twitter.com/chrizmillr/statu...72796329361408
    Looks like you were right
    We need better comics

I don't care what Bendis said in interviews, there's no way that Hobgoblin is Kingsley.

Maverick Hulk's entire appearance felt so out-of-place continuity-wise. I wouldn't be surprised if Bendis just wrote in "Red Hulk" assuming it was still Ross.

I loved how Miles immediately rushes to use the Venom Blast to finish a fight quickly only for it to totally fail. That was so satisfying .

Energy webbing? Okay. Kind of seems unnecessary, but if it's here to stay and replace his web-shooters I hope they don't go overboard with it (or make it much stronger then normal webbing).

I can't imagine the similarities with Miles and Lana with Lori and Aaron were a coincidence.
    Cool! Can't wait .

Incredible Member Unspeakable Evil's Avatar

Well in theory Miles could use camo+venom shock +webs to sneak attack people from distance or set up invisible traps.

Quote Originally Posted by Unspeakable Evil View Post
    Well in theory Miles could use camo+venom shock +webs to sneak attack people from distance or set up invisible traps.
    Sounds like prime material for stealth takedowns in the upcoming game .

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Sounds like prime material for stealth takedowns in the upcoming game .
    Now I'm curious if Sony will attempt a movie-tie in game. I absolutely loath movie-tie games but I would really be torn if one would star Miles.