Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Default Bullets and Diana

Rebirth we see Diana can be harmed with Bullets. However, at least in Rucka she can get back up. JL she is more defenseless. I honestly think the best balance is yes bullets can harm her but they aren’t something she can die from. They can show her now but they can’t kill her. Unless they are magic they should just hurt. She has fast healing abilities . That doesn’t mean she wants to be reckless.

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    Rebirth we see Diana can be harmed with Bullets. However, at least in Rucka she can get back up. JL she is more defenseless. I honestly think the best balance is yes bullets can harm her but they aren’t something she can die from. They can show her now but they can’t kill her. Unless they are magic they should just hurt. She has fast healing abilities . That doesn’t mean she wants to be reckless.
    Wasn't there an interview somewhere that Christopher Priest said he didn't like Diana? Of am I remembering that wrong? Because Priest is the one writing JL right now.

In truth, Priest made the whole League look like rank amateurs, then put Deathstroke (Priest's main title) on a pedestal.

Yeah, there was. Or in particular, that he finds her boring. So he's always going to be a wild card when working with her. I dunno, in the end this entire run makes me feel like, ironically, Priest would have been more at home in a New 52 run. i.e., a continuity where these heroes are not older vets but young newcomers.

I don't particularly mind her not being completely invulnerable to regular bullets but just like a lot of ideas when it comes to powers, DC has been wildly inconsistent with it.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 04-05-2018 at 12:07 PM.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Incredible Member

I think Diana should be invulnerable to bullets. Maybe if she just stood directly in front of high powered machine gun fire, she would eventually bruise from the repeated, sustained impact. But, a regular bullet shouldn't pose a major threat to Diana. However, her training as an Amazon warrior, means that she isn't going to simply allow herself to suffer "attacks". So, unlike Superman, she will still block the bullet. That also allows her to control the bullet's ricochet to ensure that the bullet doesn't "bounce" off her skin and harm an innocent bystander.

I don't mind Diana being vulnerable to magical weapons. That seems like a fair enough weakness and one even Superman shares. But, "regular" weapons like knives, swords, guns, etc really shouldn't be a major issue for Diana.

Ultimately, DC Comics just doesn't care enough about Wonder Woman to give her a clearly established and fixed power set. So, Diana gets upgraded and downgraded depending upon the whims of the writer.

I honestly think even the amazons shouldn’t die for a bullets. But they do get gravely hurt. So even than despite Diana getting shot at the first time when her powers are god level is still shocked . I do think because of her training it’s better for her to use her bracelets to wound her enemies. Just how vulnerable should she be to magic?

Fantastic Member VonHammersmark's Avatar

A character who wears a short skirt and a strapless top can only get shot so many times before people begin to wonder why she doesn't wear body armor. However, her wearing armor would defeat the purpose of being vulnerable to bullets in the first place so this weakness just doesn't work

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by VonHammersmark View Post
    A character who wears a short skirt and a strapless top can only get shot so many times before people begin to wonder why she doesn't wear body armor. However, her wearing armor would defeat the purpose of being vulnerable to bullets in the first place so this weakness just doesn't work
    Nonsense. Batman is vulnerable to bullets and he still fights crime in a pair of speedos, a gimp mask and a glorious cape. No ... wait ... that's incorrect.

As for why Diana, who is vulnerable to an assortment of "everyday" weapons capable of being obtained by even the lowest level wrongdoer, doesn't wear something more than a slightly armoured, strapless, mini-dress to battle evil ... well, you know, it's tradition for an Amazon to go into battle at a significant disadvantage in terms of their dress because otherwise it wouldn't be a fair fight due to their superior warrior skills. Or some other "reason" to justify why a female character must fight baddies in her underwear.

Incredible Member Amazon Swordsman's Avatar

Why not just make it vulnerability to magic bullets?? Isn’t that what Simone did??

The Detective Man The Dying Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Amazon Swordsman View Post
    Why not just make it vulnerability to magic bullets?? Isn’t that what Simone did??
    Unless you want invent some sort of magic based Kryptonite for Wonder Woman it'll be hard for non-magical enemies like Cale or even Doctor Cyber to get the upper hand on her.
    "Excellent!" I cried. "Elementary," said he

Incredible Member Amazon Swordsman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Dying Detective View Post
    Unless you want invent some sort of magic based Kryptonite for Wonder Woman it'll be hard for non-magical enemies like Cale or even Doctor Cyber to get the upper hand on her.
    Why is kryptonite so common if krypton is gone?

Technically she already has one being tied up by the lasso. Being chained by any old man is too common and easily accessible for someone like her.

Quote Originally Posted by Amazon Swordsman View Post
    Why is kryptonite so common if krypton is gone?

Technically she already has one being tied up by the lasso. Being chained by any old man is too common and easily accessible for someone like her.
    No idea but I guess it's pretty easy to get a hold of it if your name is Lex Luthor or Mongul. The hard part of tying Wonder Woman up with her lasso is getting a hold of it she practically never lets it out of her sight. Making it a weakness that cannot be used as consistently as red sun radiation, Kryptonite, or lead.
    Last edited by The Dying Detective; 04-06-2018 at 03:40 AM.

She's been beaten by non-magical enemies like Mongul and Doomsday before.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    She's been beaten by non-magical enemies like Mongul and Doomsday before.
    Yeah but Mongul and Doomsday aren't fragile like Cale, Colonel Poison, and Doctor Cyber. And have more of an edge over Diana than they do.
    Last edited by The Dying Detective; 04-06-2018 at 12:52 AM.

Yeah but Mongul and Doomsday aren't fragile like Cale, Colonel Poison, and Doctor Cyber. And have more of an edge over Diana than they do.
    Those three aren't her only villains. They're not even the ones she fights the most.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Those three aren't her only villains. They're not even the ones she fights the most.
    I know but making Diana even more powerful than she is right now would make using Cale, Colonel Poison, and Doctor Cyber an even bigger challenge than it already is. And those are just examples of who among Diana's enemies would have bigger problems fighting her than say Cheetah, Ares, and Circe.