Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Default New Titans Team Spinning Out of No Justice

https://www.newsarama.com/39502-nigh...e=notification

Excited about some of the characters coming back (Miss Martian! YAY!). Not so excited about the lack of Wally.
    Last edited by Green Goblin of Sector 2814; 04-13-2018 at 08:12 AM.

Without Wally, there is zero reason for me to buy this book.

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

I guess the guy underneath M'Gann is a new character?

With Donna still around that means I'm probably reading this. Do Gar and Rachel look aged up to anyone else?
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

Extraordinary Member

I am just not invested in this team,
    steel where did they dig him up from

m'gann because starfire not available

raven and beast boy done got on my last never after they pledged allegiance to tim drake, so why no just wait for hiS YOUNG JSUTICE title
    im happy dick and donna will lead but eugghhhh

and worse I feel like I have no choice but to buy it

Don't really know what to think... I'm happy that Donna don't go to limbo. I don't really understand what make Donna go into the Justice League farm team with what is happening in Titans, I suppose No Justice and the Titans Special will make her go.

I don't know what they'll do with Roy, Wally, Garth, Lilith and the rest of the Titans. I really hope they'll don't just dispeared after (even if for two of them they'll probably do after this for sometimes).

And crap, there is a variant from Sejic... I might take it the variant just to have Donna drawn by him... I'll guess I see gow No Justice and Titans Special will go and if it good I'll take it.. I really don't know.
    Favorite characters:
    5 DC- Roy Harper, Donna Troy, Helena Bertinelli, Dinah Laurel Lance and Big Barda
    5 Marvel- Jean Grey, Richard Rider, Natasha Romanoff, Clint Barton and Angelica Jones

Pull List:
    X-Men Red, X-Men Blue, Old Man Hawkeye, Marvel Two-in-One, Aquaman, Mister Miracle, Mera Queen of Atlantis, The Terrifics and some more.

BANNED

No interest in this book. I'm a fan of Natasha and Donna but Abnett has been writing Donna so badly lately, Miss M I can't stand, not a fan of Dick and while I can enjoy Raven and BB at times, they aren't book sellers for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    *her

That's Natasha, not John Henry. And what do you mean by "where did they dig him up from"? He, along with Natasha, spent the bulk of Rebirth as a supporting character in Superwoman.
    Last edited by Assam; 04-13-2018 at 08:20 AM.

Extraordinary Member

Pretty sure this is Natasha Irons.

raven and beast boy done got on my last never after they pledged allegiance to tim drake, so why no just wait for hiS YOUNG JSUTICE title
    I don't think that holds anymore. And I don't think it should. Raven and Beast Boy are of Dick and Donna's generation. Hopefully this move means they'll finally go back to being written as such.

m'gann because starfire not available

im happy dick and donna will lead but eugghhhh

and worse I feel like I have no choice but to buy it
    Steel is actually from the Super Woman comic that was canceled a little while ago. And Steel is actually the daughter/niece (didn't follow it closely) of the main Steel.

Quote Originally Posted by Dethi View Post
    Don't really know what to think... I'm happy that Donna don't go to limbo. I don't really understand what make Donna go into the Justice League farm team with what is happening in Titans, I suppose No Justice and the Titans Special will make her go.

I don't know what they'll do with Roy, Wally, Garth, Lilith and the rest of the Titans. I really hope they'll don't just dispeared after (even if for two of them they'll probably do after this for sometimes).

And crap, there is a variant from Sejic... I might take it the variant just to have Donna drawn by him... I'll guess I see gow No Justice and Titans Special will go and if it good I'll take it.. I really don't know.
    This roster doesn't seem to be coming from anything Abnett is doing. Donna is probably still there to help sell it as a Titans team, same with Nightwing, and not run off current readers.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 04-13-2018 at 08:25 AM.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Zeeguy91 View Post
    Pretty sure this is Natasha Irons.

I don't think that holds anymore. And I don't think it should. Raven and Beast Boy are of Dick and Donna's generation. Hopefully this move means they'll finally go back to being written as such.
    impossible even if they aged up they are not erasing the last several years, dc continuity is wack anyway they already burned themselves
    I am not in invested in this group but I cant ignore it because that will hurt dick grayson

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Dethi View Post

I don't know what they'll do with Roy, Wally, Garth, Lilith and the rest of the Titans.
    Lilith, Karen, Mal and Gnarrk will sadly be heading to limbo more than likely. Wally's fate will be determined by Flash War. Roy's been confirmed to be a part of the new Green Arrow run and Abnett isn't averse to using Garth in Aquaman, but for these two it's possible that one of them may also end up in Outsiders, as there are still two or three spots open.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    Steel is actually from the Super Woman comic that was canceled a little while ago. And Steel is actually the daughter/niece (didn't follow it closely) of the main Steel.
    gotcha so basicly a brand new character that is expendable, wonderful
    the last roster was a group well trained experienced and on a scale of ability and power that made the JL Worry
    now nightwing and donna have to rebuild from scratch a group of people who will proably be rotated in and out

Quote Originally Posted by Harpsikord View Post
    I guess the guy underneath M'Gann is a new character?

With Donna still around that means I'm probably reading this. Do Gar and Rachel look aged up to anyone else?
    I think that's just a regular metahuman with his gene activated.

Yup, M'gann looks like an adult, too. And we know Steel is an adult since Natasha's a college graduate. This seems to be an all adult team.

Very excited for this new team, excited for the artist Brandon Peterson, not excited at all about Abnett, but I'll read the first few issues.

Extraordinary Member

impossible even if they aged up they are not erasing the last several years, dc continuity is wack anyway they already burned themselves
    I am not in invested in this group but I cant ignore it because that will hurt dick grayson
    Well, DC has shown no qualms of erasing even recent stuff from the timeline. Look at Superman and Wonder Woman for confirmation of that. But they don't necessarily HAVE to erase it. They can just retcon it and say that, oh yeah, Beast Boy and Raven were really older than Tim and his lot the whole time. I mean, it wasn't the first time they were on a team together anyway.

I dunno about this. I love Nightwing, but I'm fairly apathetic to him, Donna, Gar, and Raven still being Titans. I've read those stories, and back when they mattered and had something to say worth reading about. Now they just feel like that thirty year old guy who keeps showing up at the frat parties; it's just embarrassing and sad.

I'm glad Miss Martian is finally returning. It's been far too long. She's probably the only character here who I feel *should* be.

And I have nothing against Natasha Irons, but between her and her uncle I will take her uncle every single time. John Henry is one of the best DC characters to come out of the 90's, and he is criminally underused. So I'm a little angry that his niece is getting a team position while John himself appears to be back in limbo.

And Abnett writing.....I usually really like the guy's work. I love his Aquaman, and he (along with Lanning) is the reason why I became a Nova fan over at Marvel. But I read the first trade of his Titans and didn't care for it that much, and from what I hear it's actually gotten worse since then.

Maybe this new direction will inject some life into the book and Abnett will start writing at the levels I know he's capable of. But this is almost certainly a hard pass until I hear some very good things from trustworthy sources.

That Sejic cover though......first issue might be worth it for that alone.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.