Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Aside from Scooby-Doo Team-Up, I'm not sure what I'll get.

May drop Batgirl, may try Catwoman.

-Batman and Superman books look fairly interesting, i would check then out.
    -I would give an arc to Snyder, Williamson and Tynion JL at least, before i made my decision on the book, but i had to said that Scott's book has the less interesting sounding plot.
    -My loyalty toward the Titans/TT franchise runs deep, i'm staying, even when the main writters aren't my preffered choices.
    -Nightwing looks interesting, but is Percy so...
    -Also i'm going to check out Catwoman out curiosity, i think that at least is confirmed that they go througth with the wedding.
    - Carefully interested on Flash War
    -I haven't read Robinson's WW, might as well start now.

Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    -Batman and Superman books look fairly interesting, i would check then out.
    -I would give an arc to Snyder, Williamson and Tynion JL at least, before i made my decision on the book, but i had to said that Scott's book has the less interesting sounding plot.
    -My loyalty toward the Titans/TT franchise runs deep, i'm staying, even when the main writters aren't my preffered choices.
    -Nightwing looks interesting, but is Percy so...
    -Also i'm going to check out Catwoman out curiosity, i think that at least is confirmed that they go througth with the wedding.
    - Carefully interested on Flash War
    The issue is the end of his run.

Quote Originally Posted by vasir12 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    Have they announced who's taking the book over this time?
    The issue #51 solicit says
    Guest writer Steve Orlando

Quote Originally Posted by vasir12 View Post
    I know, just saying that i might read the rest of his run before the ending come, i had been avoiding it for lack of interest on Jason.

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

Looks like $2.99 will soon be a thing of the past.

Once the New Age of Heroes titles are canceled (and let's be honest, it won't be long), that leaves only a handful of books at that price point. And if they can get away with double shipping Justice League at a higher price - and they can - Batman, Detective, Flash, WW, and the GL books will soon follow.
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Astonishing Member WallyWestFlash's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SJNeal View Post

Once the New Age of Heroes titles are canceled (and let's be honest, it won't be long), that leaves only a handful of books at that price point. And if they can get away with double shipping Justice League at a higher price - and they can - Batman, Detective, Flash, WW, and the GL books will soon follow.
    I noticed that too. It sucks.

One of the reasons I plan on chopping my pull list in the next few months. That and they are wrapping up and starting new with most of their titles so now is the perfect place to drop a bunch of titles.

Going to try Bendis Superman and Action since the solicits seem interesting at least.
    Batman
    JL
    JL Dark
    JL Odyssey
    Flash
    Silencer
    Sideways
    Terrifics
    Wonder Woman
    Deathstroke

I'll be picking up

Justice League
    Justice League Dark (maybe)
    Nightwing
    Wonder Woman
    Batman
    The Flash
    Teen Titans
    Aquaman
    The Terrifics (maybe)
    Action Comics
    Superman

I'll give Bendis' Action Comics a chance and see how it goes. He has a better rep of writing street levelers than power houses.

Quote Originally Posted by Cosmic Black View Post
    Batman's wife, the thief can get a book. Yet Vixen is missing. Awesome!
    It's utterly ridiculous and inexcusable.

D*mned Prince of Gotham JasonTodd428's Avatar

Catwoman
    Justice League Odyssey
    Batman
    Beach Blanket Special
    Batman Beyond
    Curse of Brimstone
    Damage
    Detective Comics
    Flash
    Green Lanterns
    Red Hood and the Outlaws
    Sideways
    The Silencer
    Terrific
    Teen Titans
    Unexpected

Might pick up of Justice League, Action Comics and Superman as well but I'm going to wait and see what people say about all three first.
    Last edited by JasonTodd428; 04-16-2018 at 06:17 PM.
    Supporting LION FORGE COMICS and other independent publishers.

Check out Lion Forge's Catalyst Prime Universe. Its the best damned superhero verse in comics. Diverse characters and interesting stories set in a universe where anyone can be a hero. And company that prides itself on representation both in the comics themselves and in the people behind them.

Oh my goodness gracious! I've been bamboozled!

When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change. AVATAR AANG

Quote Originally Posted by SJNeal View Post

GL's due a relaunch anyway. Hal will have a new creative team for issue 51 and Simon and Jess have one from 50, though I get the feeling that it's just for one arc - since they need to reflect the changes to the Justice League rosters.

Bye bye, JLC...
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Thoughts:

- JLD and JLO sound like books I will definitely check out .

- The "Beach Blanket Bad Guys Special" sounds fun.

- "Mime and the Marionette take center stage?" Isn't that what they've done the entire story? Not that I've minded, but still .

- So now we're crossing over the Injustice universe with other properties? Kinda random, especially with He-Man, but okay. Also sounds like that it's going to take place from when the Regime was still in charge.

- I'm guessing from the cover that Aquaman summons the Atlantean dead to fight Rath...?

- That Damage solicit sounds the most Hulk-like I have ever seen.

- Zolomon in Barry's old costume is really weird, especially since that's more of a Thawne thing. Oh well, Barry and Wally vs. Zoom is worth the price of admission. Although the solicit for #51 makes it sound like things won't be back to normal between the two Flashes by the end of Flash War.

- Green Arrow? In a Metahuman prison? DC finally does that Supermax storyline.

- Dan Jurgens on Green Lanterns is kind of random. I'm curious to see how that worked out, unless he's just there to put a cap on the book. Sounds like both Jessica and Simon are having second-thoughts about the Corps., and with their partnership, and I doubt getting accused of murder will help any...

- Looks like Venditti's entire run is going to culminate in the GL's and all the disparate threats/allies they've accumulated over the course of the run squaring off against the Darkstars and the Controllers, with Hal soloing Tomar-Tu.

- Hawkman vs. one of his past lives? Interesting.

- I wonder how long before Starfire ends up in her Injustice II design. It's kind of weird seeing her so...dressed (not that she doesn't still look stunning).

- "Ultraviolet Spectrum?" A Spectrum beyond the normal Emotional Spectrum, and with John Stewart in the middle? The return of the Legion of Doom (with the public's approval)? Ray Palmer tech? The return of Barry Allen's original foe, The Turtle? Wow, Snyder sure knows how to catch my attention.

- So Tula is Mera's ward now? When the heck did that happen? Although I guess it's kind of fitting that Arthur has Aqualad and Mera gets Aquagirl.

- That classic Kirby Darkseid on the Mister Miracle cover .

- It looks like Michael's dead wife on that Terrifics cover. A flashback to her death, or something more?

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    Have they announced who's taking the book over this time?
    The issue #51 solicit says
    They haven't yet. Hopefully we won't have to wait until the August solicits to find out

Mutant Bat on Speed Force Fuzzy Barbarian's Avatar

Gonna be really cutting back in July, but this is what I THINK will be happening.

Definitely:
    SUPERMAN #1 - Seriously hoping Bendis holds back on some of his more annoying writing habits. Also, Lois and Jon better be okay! Lois is because Doomsday Clock says so, but Jon...
    ACTION COMICS #1,001 - Yay, Gleason! Not sure how Bendis is going to make this feel that different from his Superman, but guess I'll wait and see. Also, Clark! Calm down! No need to rip the shirt!
    BATMAN #50
    BATMAN #51 - Yay, more DickBats. Also, guessing King is also gonna use this to fully establish that the NEw 52 Freeze origin isn't canon if he can. Snyder himself already seemed to lightly ignore it in All-Star Batman, so... hopefully it's undone.
    DOOMSDAY CLOCK #6
    THE FLASH #50 - Aaaaaand Hunter stole Wally's kids' powers, didn't he? Wally is gonna be fucked up after this... poor dude. Can he at least give Linda her memories back?! The guy just needs a straight up win in regards to his family.
    THE FLASH #51 - Oh God... can we not break the Flash Family an arc after re-establishing it? Also, no Bart stuff in solicitations? Surprising, though I guess they wanna keep it as a surprise, and it's not outright CONFIRMED he'll return in Flash War or anything. Though it'd be weird if he returned outside the Flash series, since it seems like that generation is being brought back in their franchise's ongoings, e.g. Tim's old origin in 'Tec, Future Conner in Super Sons of Tomorrow.
    JUSTICE LEAGUE #3 - Gets an arc.
    JUSTICE LEAGUE #4
    MISTER MIRACLE #10 - Dude... that cover is awesome. It's so fucking striking! I would actually buy a glow in the dark version of that if they made one.
    THE TERRIFICS #6 - Really, guys? Two artists gone already? Listen, I like Joe Bennett, but he's the guy you get when you need someone who can keep to a schedule.
    TEEN TITANS #20 - It was gonna get an arc, but with that cover, it's getting one issue. Also, guess we're not relaunching? But... why not?

BATMAN AND THE SIGNAL TP - Resolicit?
    SUPERMAN: ACTION COMICS VOL. 5: BOOSTER SHOT TP - Love that cover. Also, this arc was fun, though I question how Booster was able to change the past (present?) in the end. I thought the rule was that you can't change the timeline via time travel in the DCU? Unless you're Eobard Thawne? It's supposed to be stable time loops?
    SUPERMAN VOL. 6: IMPERIUS LEX TP - Yay, Tomasi and a writer I like! Just bought the fifth volume, and it's just... eh. I want TOMASI, dammit!

Maybe:
    CATWOMAN #1 - Not keen on reading an artist's first writing work.
    DETECTIVE COMICS #984 - Depends on the first issue, but I've heard good thigns about BRyan Hill, enjoy Michael Cray, and really want a new Outsiders ongoing. And seriously, can we get Katana off the Suicide Squad already?
    DETECTIVE COMICS #985
    HAWKMAN #2 - Depending on the first issue.

CRISIS ON INFINITE EARTHS COMPANION DELUXE EDITION HC - That is a great cover. But the material in here.... yeah, don't really care about any of it. I'd pretty much ONLY get this for completion's sake.
    THE FLASH: ROGUES: CAPTAIN COLD TP - If they make a second one. I love the idea of these, but I'm not gonna buy it if it's JUST Cold.
    Favourite characters: Wally West, Dick Grayson, Cassandra Cain, Cyclops, Jay Garrick, Jamie Madrox, Stargirl, Bucky Barnes, Magik, Jon Kent, Kate Bishop, Booster Gold

Regular pulls:
    Adventureman, Cable, Fire Power, Green Lantern, Hellions, New Mutants, Thor, Vampire: The Masquerade, Venom, X-Factor, X-Men

Trade-waiting: Animosity, Black Panther, Captain America, Catwoman, Conan, Daredevil, DCeased, Detective Comics, Hawkman, Immortal Hulk, Redneck, Saga, Skyward, Snotgirl, X-Force

Mutant Bat on Speed Force Fuzzy Barbarian's Avatar

Random thoughts:

I hate Zatanna's new outfit. The second New 52 one was pretty good, so... yeah. Boo.

Darkseid's new look looks like any random character from that one RPG you never finished.

Wait... is Marguerite Bennett writing Batgirl now?! Because I'd read that!

Man, I like Liam Sharp's art, but his Batman looks so... Ethan Van Sciver-y. And that's not a good thing in my book.

Man, writing teams are fluctuating. Green Arrow has someone else, Green Lanterns is Jurgens for some reason... huh. Guess Jurgens needs work now that Bendis has Action Comics, at least.

I like Doug Mahnhe, but that Hal Jordan and the Green Lantern Corps cover is NOT his best work...

Aaaaaand Jim Lee's off Immortal Men. So we're down to Damage, Challengers and Sideways for artists who are actually sticking with their Dark Matter ongoing. Good job, guys. Nailed it.

Mera's epithet "the Mighty Mermaid" now? Also, since when is Tula her ward? I dropped off Abnett's Aquaman, but I don't think that was ever a thing.

Wonder Woman #51's solicitation... I've never seen a solicitation continue from its previous one. Weird.

That Bomshells trade cover... Kara, just... be careful. Wardrobe malfunctions aren't something you want.

We're really gonna use the movie variant for a the Flash's Deluxe Edition? Really? WHY?

Still not keen on Babs' new Batgirl suit, but that DC Core statue is pretty great.
    Favourite characters: Wally West, Dick Grayson, Cassandra Cain, Cyclops, Jay Garrick, Jamie Madrox, Stargirl, Bucky Barnes, Magik, Jon Kent, Kate Bishop, Booster Gold

Regular pulls:
    Adventureman, Cable, Fire Power, Green Lantern, Hellions, New Mutants, Thor, Vampire: The Masquerade, Venom, X-Factor, X-Men

Trade-waiting: Animosity, Black Panther, Captain America, Catwoman, Conan, Daredevil, DCeased, Detective Comics, Hawkman, Immortal Hulk, Redneck, Saga, Skyward, Snotgirl, X-Force