Page 735 of 776 FirstFirst ... 235635685725731732733734735736737738739745 ... LastLast
Results 11,011 to 11,025 of 11633

Quote Originally Posted by adrikito View Post
    That was not Bendis fault?(I want Superman Family complete control)... That comic returned.

Like Supergirl.
    Super Sons the mini will be set in the past, and afterwards will be non-canon.

Astonishing Member legion_quest's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BenThousan View Post
    It is clear that when Deathstroke v Batman ends, Damian will remain Bruce's biological son. But I feel that in the end it will not only be revealed that Damian is indeed Bruce's son, but that Talia used Slade's improved DNA to improve Damian when he was not "born" yet. I do not know about you, but I do not like that Damian shares DNA with Slade because that, for me also makes him his son or a relative. I do not want Damian to share DNA from someone other than Bruce and Talia. There will be fans who like this and others like me who do not.
    I think they drew the spinner to be funny.
    I've been suggesting this since the event was announced with the paternity issues being in question.

Either the story goes no where, and means nothing by the end, OR, as you say and I've said, it'll be both of them through comic book science.
    I will raise my throne above the Stars of God

Quote Originally Posted by Katana500 View Post
    I doubt Djinns age matters too much. I bet a chunk of the 4000 years will be trapped in some sense.

Damian and Djinn remain the most likely pairing I think
    Wait Damian and Djinn? Really?
    Somehow what crossed my mind instead is Djinn and Wally II lol. Like KF is aleays getting the romance part here.
    I’m not ready for Damian to have a actual love story. With Emiko back then it was mostly one-sided and was played for humor imo so it’s clear they won’t go anywhere. Djinn’s romance on the other hand seems like a legit thing.

Quote Originally Posted by dietrich View Post
    Welcome back Fanfan
    Wow thank you. I moved out of my country to study and I needed some time to settle here that’s why I’ve been inactive.

Quote Originally Posted by Byrant View Post
    Damian fans should take a break of Damian until october when all this have finished. I will do, 3 months are nothing.
    I think you should if it stresses you out. Me on the other hand will keep reading it because I’d be lying if I said I wasn’t interested to find out where this story’s heading.

Quote Originally Posted by Armor of God View Post
    Deathstroke 33 variant, fantastic image.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Deathstroke...cesco_mattina/
    Great art! But Damian wearing Deathstroke look alike mask kinda scaring me a little bit.
    Last edited by fanfan13; 06-09-2018 at 07:36 PM.

It is clear that when Deathstroke v Batman ends, Damian will remain Bruce's biological son. But I feel that in the end it will not only be revealed that Damian is indeed Bruce's son, but that Talia used Slade's improved DNA to improve Damian when he was not "born" yet. I do not know about you, but I do not like that Damian shares DNA with Slade because that, for me also makes him his son or a relative. I do not want Damian to share DNA from someone other than Bruce and Talia. There will be fans who like this and others like me who do not.
    I think they drew the spinner to be funny.
    I feel you, my friend, I feel you.

Some said the fidget spinner was a stress reliever so maybe Damian’s kinda stressed here due to the video.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    This is really sad. I just noticed that it is indeed a flashback, why though?
    But what do you mean by the non-canon? I am aware though there will be no more Super Sons series after the maxi series ends unless confirmed otherwise. Makes me worried about Jon’s existence here.
    And I’m sort of convinced why Super Sons is cancelled has something to do with what’s happening in The Man of Steel (Lois and Jon mysteriously missing).

Quote Originally Posted by fanfan13 View Post
    I feel you, my friend, I feel you.

Some said the fidget spinner was a stress reliever so maybe Damian’s kinda stressed here due to the video.

This is really sad. I just noticed that it is indeed a flashback, why though?
    But what do you mean by the non-canon? I am aware though there will be no more Super Sons series after the maxi series ends unless confirmed otherwise. Makes me worried about Jon’s existence here.
    And I’m sort of convinced why Super Sons is cancelled has something to do with what’s happening in The Man of Steel (Lois and Jon mysteriously missing).
    Its supposed to be in Black Label or something.

But it seems Bendis has sent Lois and Jon to another planet or something for "safety", and claims to like Jon.

Non-Canon? WOW.. You surprised me with this information.

Anyway. I am only interested this(2 Teen Titans covers):

Quote Originally Posted by kurenai24 View Post

Damian looks weird in both and Emiko looks like an afterthought in both, still like the covers.
    Last edited by adrikito; 06-10-2018 at 05:46 AM.

BANNED

Just because something is set in the past doesn't make it non canon. Besides I dont understand DC fans obsession with assuming everything is non canon until proven otherwise when it should be the other way around. King repeatedly has to clarify that Mr Miracle is canon every few weeks. If its not canon DC will market it as such.
    Last edited by Armor of God; 06-10-2018 at 02:29 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by legion_quest View Post
    I've been suggesting this since the event was announced with the paternity issues being in question.

Either the story goes no where, and means nothing by the end, OR, as you say and I've said, it'll be both of them through comic book science.
    The story is Batman vs Deathstroke, a character study that examines and puts these 2 head to head against each other like never before. It it becomes acclaimed and serves as a definite Deathstroke story that even double functions as a great Batman story then Priest's story will have accomplished its purpose. Everything else is marketing, Priest isn't going to sully the legacy of his own arc by in anyway making Damian and Slade related because he's writing a once in a life time story and DC isn't going to taint Damian's marketability. If DC is also serious about making Slade a Batman villain then they're not going to let this story get bogged down by a preventable controversy.
    No Justice, Prelude to the wedding and TT 20 preview as well as Glass's interview in DC Nation 1 make it clear that Damian is son of Batman. Besides good mysteries are not about shock reveals, its about the journey from point A to B. Priest understands that, in this entire run he has thrown turns and swerves to keep everyone guessing but he has not done anything remotely for a permanent shock factor just to leave his mark. You wont find anything like that in his 30 previous of Deathstroke. Same goes for JL, all the hoopla over the Jessica kiss/potential romance with Batman amounted to nothing.
    Even in the story so far, the mystery of Damian's parentage is subdued, its used to put the characters in each others crosshairs, to play with the theme of family. Damian is already the son of a hero and a villain. DC gains absolutely nothing by adding another villain in to the equation, Damian already has a bad side represented by the al Ghuls. Narratively or in terms of marketability DC gains nothing where Damian is concerned and it only would serve to make this story controversial or liable to be retconned. They brought Damian back from the dead against Morrison's wishes and started pushing him as Son of Batman, introduced Superman's son in response and then created Super Son only to make Deathstroke who traditionally hasn't really been a Batman villain in a Deathstroke book Damian's father? do you really think that makes sense?

Its supposed to be in Black Label or something.

But it seems Bendis has sent Lois and Jon to another planet or something for "safety", and claims to like Jon.
    Black Label? I’m so out of touch with comics these days it’s the first time I’ve heard the name... is it different from the Super Sons graphic novel announced before?

I also heard the rumor that Jor-El sent them somewhere for their safety I do hope it’s only for TMoS story though.

The story is Batman vs Deathstroke, a character study that examines and puts these 2 head to head against each other like never before. It it becomes acclaimed and serves as a definite Deathstroke story that even double functions as a great Batman story then Priest's story will have accomplished its purpose. Everything else is marketing, Priest isn't going to sully the legacy of his own arc by in anyway making Damian and Slade related because he's writing a once in a life time story and DC isn't going to taint Damian's marketability. If DC is also serious about making Slade a Batman villain then they're not going to let this story get bogged down by a preventable controversy.
    No Justice, Prelude to the wedding and TT 20 preview as well as Glass's interview in DC Nation 1 make it clear that Damian is son of Batman. Besides good mysteries are not about shock reveals, its about the journey from point A to B. Priest understands that, in this entire run he has thrown turns and swerves to keep everyone guessing but he has not done anything remotely for a permanent shock factor just to leave his mark. You wont find anything like that in his 30 previous of Deathstroke. Same goes for JL, all the hoopla over the Jessica kiss/potential romance with Batman amounted to nothing.
    Even in the story so far, the mystery of Damian's parentage is subdued, its used to put the characters in each others crosshairs, to play with the theme of family. Damian is already the son of a hero and a villain. DC gains absolutely nothing by adding another villain in to the equation, Damian already has a bad side represented by the al Ghuls. Narratively or in terms of marketability DC gains nothing where Damian is concerned and it only would serve to make this story controversial or liable to be retconned. They brought Damian back from the dead against Morrison's wishes and started pushing him as Son of Batman, introduced Superman's son in response and then created Super Son only to make Deathstroke who traditionally hasn't really been a Batman villain in a Deathstroke book Damian's father? do you really think that makes sense?
    So well said. The fact that DC keeps refering to Damian as Son of Batman repeatedly in other titles released the same time as Deathstroke gives things away. Though question still remains, if it will result in nothing regarding Damian then why write that kind of plot in the first place? If it’s only a gimmick seeing that they have succesfully doubled Deathstroke sales for the first issue of the arc, it’s really, completely not funny you know, especially for a big Damian fan like me...

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by fanfan13 View Post
    So well said. The fact that DC keeps refering to Damian as Son of Batman repeatedly in other titles released the same time as Deathstroke gives things away. Though question still remains, if it will result in nothing regarding Damian then why write that kind of plot in the first place? If it’s only a gimmick seeing that they have succesfully doubled Deathstroke sales for the first issue of the arc, it’s really, completely not funny you know, especially for a big Damian fan like me...
    Because Priests Deathstroke is at its core a soap opera. It has been that way from issue 1, the book is about who sleeps with who, whose plotting behind each others backs, how Slade affects those close to him, how his family in turn tries to undermine him. Family is the one angle that a writer can use to set up Deathstroke as Batman's nemesis. They have other evil Batmen in the likes of Prometheus, Bane, Killer Moth who could feasibly be used to tell most of the stories that can be told with Deathstroke but family is the one area Batman has no real evil counterpart in. That's why family plays such a big role in Deathstroke vs Batman and Damian's parentage is just keeping it consistent with the soap opera angle.

Amazing Member

Because Priests Deathstroke is at its core a soap opera. It has been that way from issue 1, the book is about who sleeps with who, whose plotting behind each others backs, how Slade affects those close to him, how his family in turn tries to undermine him. Family is the one angle that a writer can use to set up Deathstroke as Batman's nemesis. They have other evil Batmen in the likes of Prometheus, Bane, Killer Moth who could feasibly be used to tell most of the stories that can be told with Deathstroke but family is the one area Batman has no real evil counterpart in. That's why family plays such a big role in Deathstroke vs Batman and Damian's parentage is just keeping it consistent with the soap opera angle.
    Everything you say makes sense, man. But I still think that Damian will end up with Slade's DNA. Why? Very simple, I still think that because Damian's story is that he was raised in an artificial womb to be perfect, Priest can make Talia use Slade's improved DNA to get that perfection in Damian. I also keep thinking this, because in this story it has not been revealed that the DNA test that Bruce received is false, adds to that what Robin said that he did not find any relationship between Damian and Bruce, but he did find something that will change everything and he does not know who or WHAT Damian is.Why does Robin say "What", well the only thing I can think of is because he will see that Damian is a set of DNA (slade, bruce and talia) and he thinks it is not human. I also think this because of the solicitation of Deathstroke #34 that says Slade is about to discover the mystery of his relationship with Robin. What mystery can there be about Damian and Slade being family?The only mystery I think is that he will not be his father, but they share DNA. What mystery can be that the best detective in the world does not know? My theory is that maybe Slade in issue #33 will see that Damian shares some genetic improvements like him and maybe that's why it's closer than Batman to discover the mystery. And what kind of relationship do they refer to in this solicitation?The solicitation is already telling us that Damian has a relationship with Slade.Besides, Priest does not stop repeating that Slade is genetically improved when everyone already knows that... if in the current comics of DC nothing is said in relation to this arc, it is because I believe that they will not tell us that Slade is Damian's father. They'll just say that he shares DNA with Slade but that his father is Bruce.
    Last edited by BenThousan; 06-10-2018 at 04:30 AM.

Amazing Member

Screenshot_20180610-132615_1.jpg
    Also, look how they drew Damian's face in Super Sons in issue # 13

BANNED

Okay look, thats just reaching now. You think Tomasi would make Damian Slade's son? And you just ignored things from that very issue and arc. Like "such a Bruce move" or "what are you doing to our son Bruce". Faces obscured by shadows are so common.

This arc takes place before both the wedding and No Justice. TT 20 takes place after No Justice, Prelude to the wedding one shots take place a day or two prior to the wedding as confirmed by Seeley in DC Nation 1 interview.

You're just looking for something that isn't there.

I see, it makes sense. Priest’s Deathstroke indeed has played the family theme in the twisted way since the beginning. But still he should have come up with a better plot connecting Deathstroke to Batman around that theme rather than this gimmicky mess.

Screenshot_20180610-132615_1.jpg
    Also, look how they drew Damian's face in Super Sons in issue # 13
    I honestly think the picture doesn’t have anything to do with what’s happening in Deathstroke though. I think that arc serves as its own thing, kind of like a closed off story that doesn’t have any effect to other titles other than itself, that’s where I agree with Armor of God. I do think you have a valid argument that supports your theory in your previous post, however with this one I think you’re just overthinking things.

Let’s just wait and see how Priest will play this out. I hope what BenThousan said doesn’t come true though. Damian sharing a bit of Slade’s DNA is just unnecessary.