Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcat View Post
    Because they don’t know he’s not? *shrugs*
    Some characters definitely do know and you’d think they’d talk about it with others that don’t rather than letting them assume that the characters somehow came back. And why wouldn’t they ask?
    Good Marvel characters- Bring Them Back!!!

Quote Originally Posted by gifted View Post
    It is a part of his mutation.

He lost his powers during M-Day and actually went through quite some development. He lost all of his body mass, but the excess skin stayed. This caused him to become insecure and suicidal.

He eventually regained his powers.
    Thanks for the info.

So anyone making fun of blob for being large would be akin to calling beast a monkey/whatever animal he resembles or nightcrawler a demon (in a derogatory way). It just comes off non super-hero like for the “good guys” to talk about blob like that. Talk about his bad choices, his villainy, whatever, but why his fat, which he can’t even help because it’s mutation?
    Your favorite superhero- the one you visit these forums to talk about. Would they talk to others the way you do on this message board?

Quote Originally Posted by Grey View Post
    Thanks for the info.

So anyone making fun of blob for being large would be akin to calling beast a monkey/whatever animal he resembles or nightcrawler a demon (in a derogatory way). It just comes off non super-hero like for the “good guys” to talk about blob like that. Talk about his bad choices, his villainy, whatever, but why his fat, which he can’t even help because it’s mutation?
    I think a lot of people started to confuse it as not being a part of his mutation after X-Men Origins: Wolverine became a thing and had it that way. Though frankly, I don’t understand why the excess tough skin wouldn’t magically go away along with the fat post-decimation.
    Good Marvel characters- Bring Them Back!!!

'Sup Choom? Handsome men don't lose fights's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcat View Post
    Because they don’t know he’s not? *shrugs*
    They actually do. Most of Kitty's team (including Armor's squad, IIRC) interacted with the new Jamie-Prime during the recent Madrox miniseries. They had to clean thousand of his corpses off the lawn by the end of it. It was technically Bishop's fault, it's weird that they don't consider him a mass-murderer.
    "A happy ending? So unlikely. We're not having a moment here.

Wrong city, wrong people, all huddling in fear.

No one escapes the slaughterhouse, and that's just where you're at.

(You could've asked Rebecca but then Adam stomped her flat.)

You think you're special cuz you're scrappy? You're deluded, time to go.

Lucy's living on the moon but you're another dead psycho."

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KurtW95 View Post
    Some characters definitely do know and you’d think they’d talk about it with others that don’t rather than letting them assume that the characters somehow came back. And why wouldn’t they ask?
    Quote Originally Posted by Handsome men don't lose fights View Post
    They actually do. Most of Kitty's team (including Armor's squad, IIRC) interacted with the new Jamie-Prime during the recent Madrox miniseries. They had to clean thousand of his corpses off the lawn by the end of it. It was technically Bishop's fault, it's weird that they don't consider him a mass-murderer.
    Thanks for the info. I hadn’t read the Multiple Man mini yet, but definitely looking forward to it.
    Comic-Watch Reviewer

Titles:
    /Doctor Strange/Captain Marvel\Scarlet Witch\
    /Iron Man/Captain Britain/Wasp\X-Men\
    /JSA\/X-Treme X-Men\/WILDCATS\

https://comic-watch.com/author/baradtzgmail-com

Quote Originally Posted by Handsome men don't lose fights View Post
    So, if the traitor is an X-man who isn't really a mutant, doesn't that narrow it down to Polaris? Technically, she got clipped by Wanda during decimation. Right now, she's a human mutate powered by Apocalypse's celestial tech. Gambit too, but since he's a professional thief, that's almost too obvious.
    I'm kinda lost on what this is referring to, so I'm assuming it's whoever stole the vial from Beast's lab.

Polaris isn't a human mutate powered by celestial tech. It was subtle, but in Mike Carey's Five Miles South of the Universe, Emma Frost confirmed she's a mutant again. Doesn't mean writers couldn't be unaware of that fact (or purposely ignoring it) though.

As far as whether or not she'd actually do it, there are only a few scenarios where I could see that happening.

1. She's been mind-controlled/possessed and that detail's hidden right now
    2. She has plans that will ultimately save and protect mutants
    3. She somehow uses it as a weapon against mutants that hurt the cause for other mutants

Any scenario where she betrays mutants as a whole, hates being a mutant, etc would be extremely bad writing barring some very extensive work to get her to that point. It'd require an amount of work that wouldn't fit in this event. She survived the Genoshan genocide, and when she was depowered by Wanda, she had such an identity crisis that she deliberately got in front of a Sentinel hoping that nearly being killed by it would reawaken her powers.

There's also just the real world fact that Marvel's never viewed Lorna highly enough to give her roles with that level of importance to the story for events. They've been fine with stories where she's someone's puppet or support (possessed by Malice for Sinister, abducted for Zaladane, changed by Apocalypse, etc), but never where she's a major player of her own. She's a member of Bishop's team for Prisoner X rather than leading a team of her own, after all.
    I can also be reached on BlueSky and Tumblr. Avatar by kahlart.

Ghosts of Genosha minicomic focused on Polaris, written by me and drawn by Fin_NoMore.

Polaris 50th anniversary minicomic written by me and drawn by Mlad!

Gallery of Polaris commissions (without NSFW or minicomics)

Quote Originally Posted by Grey View Post
    Okay this is a huge nitpick, I acknowldge. And it’s not a big deal. I’m just really curious.

I have some thoughts on iceman fat-shaming Blob, but first I need to know:
    Is blob’s physical size (fat) an actual part of his mutation? Or is his mutation simply his strength, immovability, etc?

Asking because I’ve heard other mediums crack the fat jokes too about blob. In the marvel heroes video game for example, Spider-Man (upon seeing blob), would say something along the lines of “so we’re calling overconsumption of twinkies a mutation now?” I believe hulk also said something about blob and eating too many doughnuts.

Anyway, if his size is actually a part of his mutation, I think the fat comments are rude and the exact type of discrimination the xmen stand up against. Yea I know it’s a nitpick. Just something that’s irked me ever since I heard the jokes roll out in marvel heroes video game. I’m fit and athletic myself but with representation in comics being ever so prevalent, I Kinda wish those comments would stop. It’s almost like it’s associating fat with evil.

But if blobs size is in fact due to him just eating garbage, I digress

BACK TO THE ISSUE

this whole event is super meh to me, honestly. It has some cool moments no doubt. But it feels so inconsequential and random.
    I suspect Leah Williams isn't all that keen on the fat jokes around Blob either. Apparently he's the unofficial team leader over in The X-Tremists and quite confident/competent.

*Clutches Pearls* LeonardEugenius's Avatar

Wednesday is trash day in my neighborhood. What a coincidence.

How many comics are these three writers gonna ruin? Why do they keep sticking us with subpar writing talent?
    Last edited by LeonardEugenius; 12-13-2018 at 02:42 AM.

Incredible Member bladeofdarkness's Avatar

I think the problem is that you're split into too many unrelated stories so very little progress happens in each issue.
    I'm hoping this resolves itself soon as the plots converage.

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KurtW95 View Post
    Why are the characters pretending that the Jamie in the book is the real Jamie? Jordan D. White (X-Men editor) confirmed right here that it’s not. Though wonder if acting like he is will just become a thing from now on like Loki and Black Widow (both versions running around right now are clones, but nobody acknowledges it). That stuff really annoys me.
    Jamie is Jamie is Jamie, and he's plenty real. So are Loki and Black Widow. What you mean to say is that he isn't the same Madrox that we're used to.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

I wouldn't care about who the real Jamie was, either.

I see a lot of people trashing this series, but i've really enjoyed it so far. I don't need something catastrophic to happen every issue. I'm really waiting for cyclops to come back, but this story has been fine so far

BANNED

After reading the Maddrox mini my head is done in with "who is the real Jamie"

I've had enough, please...just stop lol

Incredible Member bladeofdarkness's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jpmst17 View Post
    I see a lot of people trashing this series, but i've really enjoyed it so far. I don't need something catastrophic to happen every issue. I'm really waiting for cyclops to come back, but this story has been fine so far
    I'm not trashing it, and I like it as well.
    It's just that it feels like not enough stuff happens issue to issue because there's too many plots at the same time - For example there's 5 different plotlines happening in this issue alone:
    1)X-man and his "council" of advisors
    2)Jean's team on that oil rig
    3)Beast and his quest to find whoever stole his toy.
    4)The X-kids and Legion's plotline
    5)Storms team and their fight with Mags and Angel.

5 different stories and almost none of them makes any real progress from last issue.

Incredible Member

It’s not awful but it’s no where near the quality of Avengers: No Surrender. There were a lot of writers in that project but the characters were all written well. I’m a little dissapointed in the story and the writing to be honest. I’m still going to buy it and hope it improves. I’m excited for the return of Cyclops and his X team he will assemble in the aftermath of this story.