Page 97 of 119 FirstFirst ... 478793949596979899100101107 ... LastLast
Results 1,441 to 1,455 of 1779
    Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    Honestly, I'm not surprised at all. I've never felt like the CW gave this show its' full support; it's the only show, I believe, that they have never released the seasons' on Blu Ray, and they stopped releasing the series on DVD after season 1.

In fact, the only surprising thing for me is that they are wanting a spin off. But I believe that when I see it.
    I don't see not having DVD releases as a lack of support. Physical media is on a decline and slowly becoming niche.

Quote Originally Posted by marshal88 View Post
    guess the only company flash will have in his hall of justice will be that mysterious escaped monkey gleep.
    Gleek. And don't forget Superman is a JLAer too.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Incredible Member

Black lightning wasn't a bad show but it was originally supposed to be on fox and never felt like it actually fit in with the cw shows imo. Personally, I would have liked to see a young Black Lightning growing up in the past maybe 70s era as a young adult in his 20s and showing his rise. Would've been pretty cool as we don't have many shows in general taking place during that time period.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    I don't see not having DVD releases as a lack of support. Physical media is on a decline and slowly becoming niche.
    This reminds me of Disney not releasing any of the modern Marvel cartoons on DVD. It's all streaming now.
    Quote Originally Posted by ComicJunkie21 View Post
    Black lightning wasn't a bad show but it was originally supposed to be on fox and never felt like it actually fit in with the cw shows imo. Personally, I would have liked to see a young Black Lightning growing up in the past maybe 70s era as a young adult in his 20s and showing his rise. Would've been pretty cool as we don't have many shows in general taking place during that time period.
    We also don't have a lot of shows about a Superhero parent and their family, which I think was well portrayed on the show.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    We also don't have a lot of shows about a Superhero parent and their family, which I think was well portrayed on the show.
    Fair point the execution of portraying the family unit was solid but I think the potential of a higher quality plot and overall storyline would have been better with the portrayal of a young black lightning compared to the current setup. This would've also increased the longevity of the show too imo.

Quote Originally Posted by ComicJunkie21 View Post
    Fair point the execution of portraying the family unit was solid but I think the potential of a higher quality plot and overall storyline would have been better with the portrayal of a young black lightning compared to the current setup. This would've also increased the longevity of the show too imo.
    I don't know if it so much would've been better so much as a different show considering how much the series was structured around an older Black Lightning with a family coming out of retirement to take on his returning nemesis as his daughters come into their own as heroes.

Spectacular Member

Honestly, I'm not surprised at all. I've never felt like the CW gave this show its' full support; it's the only show, I believe, that they have never released the seasons' on Blu Ray, and they stopped releasing the series on DVD after season 1.

In fact, the only surprising thing for me is that they are wanting a spin off. But I believe that when I see it.
    They never stopped releasing Black Lightning on dvd, I just watched season 2 on dvd months ago.

Quote Originally Posted by LexValentine View Post
    They never stopped releasing Black Lightning on dvd, I just watched season 2 on dvd months ago.
    In the United States?

Maybe physical media is in decline, but that hasn't stopped them from releasing DVD and Blu Ray versions of each season of all of the other shows, even now. Hell, I just got my complete series set of Arrow on Blu Ray. But the CW marketing machine really doesn't put much effort behind Black Lightning.

Incredible Member

Never got the appeal of this character. Yet the show kept bringing him back.

MXAAGVNIEETRO IS RIGHT MyriVerse's Avatar

In the United States?
    Pretty sure the 3rd season was released in the US just before Halloween. DVD & BR.
    f/k/a The Black Guardian
    COEXIST | NOEXIST
    ShadowcatMagikДаякѕтая Sto☈mDustMercury MonetRachelSage
    MagnetoNightcrawlerColossusRockslideBeastXavier

Quote Originally Posted by MyriVerse View Post
    Pretty sure the 3rd season was released in the US just before Halloween. DVD & BR.
    I'll be damned. Just checked Amazon, and there they are.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    Dvd and Blu Rays are still coming out.

Not everyone lives 24/7 online and streams. For some folks the more users on a wifi the weaker it gets in a household as many parents will tell you as they and their kids

Also public libraries and schools need those dvds and blue rays.

Netlix has no trouble tossing out Stranger Things on dvd in a special case. They want money too.

The WB's issue is no type of promotions.

Also as I have learned not all WB DC related DVD reach the shelf of places like Target.

I saw Black Lightning season 1. Have yet to see season 2.

Never say Static Shock in a store.

Extraordinary Member

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    Hmm. Interesting.
    Well considering her previous show is back under a new name and has better ratings-she might have seen the axing coming ahead of time. Since she has popped up on the new version of House of Payne.

And considering Tyler films everything on his own lot-even during covid. She might have gotten a show or movie deal from him.