Page 22 of 121 FirstFirst ... 121819202122232425263272 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by David Walton View Post
    But Thanos not being folded back into the timeline from which he came creates another 'branch.' He died in an alternate future, before he'd ever accomplished his goals in the timeline from which he originated. Meaning there's now a universe where the Avengers, if they assembled at all, did so under different circumstances, with Loki no longer being recruited by Thanos, and IW never occurring.

If you jump back a bit in the thread I explained that I don’t believe changing things in the past creates branches at all. The only way to create a branch is to take a stone away from its timeline. This is pretty much what The Ancient One tells Banner. She is correcting his wrong theory that time can’t change. Instead the stones maintain the timeline.

All-New Member

Hi everyone,
    Hope you enjoyed the movie as much as I did. The ending was a tear jerker.
    One thing that is a major gripe in continuity for me is that when Hawkeye's family returns back his kids did not age at all!!!
    His family disappeared five years before the Avengers went back in time to get the infinity stones and when his kids returned they were the same age at the end of the movie and did not age at all. Can someone explain this to me?

I am trying to create a diagram to better explain how time travel is represented in this movie, but I can’t remeber what the time frames were for each of the jumps.

What year was officially marked as the New York incident?
    What year was the Star Lord intervention and the Jane Foster Asgard scene?
    What year was the Soul Stone?
    What year was the seventies military base?

Quote Originally Posted by Superfan View Post
    Hi everyone,
    Hope you enjoyed the movie as much as I did. The ending was a tear jerker.
    One thing that is a major gripe in continuity for me is that when Hawkeye's family returns back his kids did not age at all!!!
    His family disappeared five years before the Avengers went back in time to get the infinity stones and when his kids returned they were the same age at the end of the movie and did not age at all. Can someone explain this to me?
    Nobody that is returned is aged, they just skip five years of reality.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Iron_Legion87 View Post
    Also, it seems no avenger cares about Vision lol. I thought he would come back without the mind stone of course. He would have been useful in the final fight. But yea, it’s strange he isn’t mentioned at all in the movie. Wanda just tells Thanos he took everything from her but that’s about it. Weird considering they Wanda and Vision have their own shoe on Disney plus seemingly set in the 1950’s for some reason....
    Did you miss the scene with Wanda and Hawkeye at the end?

Quote Originally Posted by Star_Jammer View Post
    Did you miss the scene with Wanda and Hawkeye at the end?
    Yea I saw it but I thought she could have been referencing quicksilver too .

All-New Member

How does that work for Peter Parker meeting with Ned and the rest of his class when he goes back to school and the upcoming Spider-Man: Far From Home?

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by JKtheMac View Post
    Nobody that is returned is aged, they just skip five years of reality.
    How does that work for Peter Parker meeting with Ned and the rest of his class when he goes back to school and the upcoming Spider-Man: Far From Home?

Not sure what needs explaining. If it’s the complaint about how Thanos managed to jump through time without the Pym Particles we can assume Nebula used the new ones that Tony brought back. They grabbed four and used two. There may even have been a visual of this somewhere but my memory fails me. Seeing it again over the weekend. If not Nebula armed with Thanos’ knowledge is just much better at this than Tony and Banner. Thanos is totally unphased by time travel he probably knows a lot of stuff.
    Nebula gave Thanos pym particles I thought.

No, I mean how can Thanos get the stones in the main timeline if he came into the future and was snapped before he could do it "loop." Weird terminator stuff gong on there
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Astonishing Member David Walton's Avatar

Yea they basically just set up the MCU multiverse here. The main MCU events that we know are the 616 version and anything else is the ultimate universe earth 1610 etc.
    That's my take, and I love it. This really blows the doors wide open. Can't wait for Reed Richards to show up and explain these concepts in further detail.

I am trying to create a diagram to better explain how time travel is represented in this movie, but I can’t remeber what the time frames were for each of the jumps.

What year was officially marked as the New York incident?
    What year was the Star Lord intervention and the Jane Foster Asgard scene?
    What year was the Soul Stone?
    What year was the seventies military base?
    NY- 2012

SL- 2014
    Soul Stone- 2014 (clint and widow flew from morag to vormir, not time travel)

Foster- 2013

Base- stark was about ot be born so 1970 I do believe
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

If you jump back a bit in the thread I explained that I don’t believe changing things in the past creates branches at all. The only way to create a branch is to take a stone away from its timeline. This is pretty much what The Ancient One tells Banner. She is correcting his wrong theory that time can’t change. Instead the stones maintain the timeline.
    I don't think the Ancient One was saying the Stones are the only way the timeline can be changed. She was explaining the multiverse as a concept, and emphasizing the importance of the Eye of Amagatto to the Sorcerer Supreme. If she lost her Time Stone, countless threats to her reality would go unchallenged. But the stones being returned doesn't synch the timeline back up once its deviated too far from the original. The stones don't magically return Thanos to the past undusted and that reality now takes a very different path.

www.taurianfilms.com KabutoRyder's Avatar

Hmm...Seeing the rhetoric on Cap, i am torn. On the one hand, yeah, Cap pulled a dick mood for some ass, wiping out a family in the process. On the other, it's Cap and after all he has done and put himself through, I think he deserve some rest of his own. Sure I'd like to think he is somewhere waiting for his call to action should he be needed in the future, but..hmm...I dunno...

I am not super intune with the timey wimey shanangans like other people are or may think they are due to years of sci fi watching...did he really wipe them out or are they off on another time line splinter?

My view of time travel was shaped by a Fantastic Four comic I read years ago where the Thing takes Reed's cure, (that won't work on him now because he has been the Thing for too long) a time machine and goes back to when he just became the Thing. He gives himself the cure and it works, but he goes back to the present and he is still the Thing. Redd explains he basically just created another timeline and he couldn't change things that happened. That's how I view time travel myself. Also why as a writer, I will never try time travel stories, lol

Wife and I were cracking up at fat Thor. I was wondering if he finally called down the lightening got battle ready and shit if he would suddenly be skinny, ripped Thor again annnnnnnnnnnnnnd he wasn't....comical.

Prof. Hulk was expected and amusing at just the casual way they introduced him.

Finally hearing Avengers Assemble...and that hero shot with the portals, wow, Vakyrie on the flying horse was nice too.

Cap lifting the hammer I think we all knew was expected, but still it was a moment that had me and everyone else in theater hoopin and holleran, hell so many moments in that battle did.

I know a bunch of dbag youtube video makers lost their shit at the women's shot.

Scarlet Witch was epic.

Glad Ca Marvel got knocked around a bit and wasn't just an insta-win when she showed up.

So many emotions in this movie for me. I got some manly mist in my eyes, not because I cried at character deaths or anything, but because this is the end of the path Tony Stark put us on. For 10 years we have been on this ride. We have been in a kind of cinematic relationship with these characters and while it won't go away, the marvel movies will still come, but it's going to change and change is scary, ya know?

Astonishing Member chamber-music's Avatar

Honestly, since the film deals with time travel. This is the big conclusion to the past 11 years of films, it would have been cool to finally have the Netflix heroes show up in the final battle ( at least for a small bit). My big gripe is that Marvel basically lied to fans when they touted the tag line “ it’s all connected”.
    I'm not sure if Marvel could use the Netflix characters in the films at the moment. Marvel supposedly can't revive the Defenders characters for two years because of the contract they made with Netflix. Not sure how the contract relates to using the characters in the movies but it's possible they couldn't.

Quote Originally Posted by chamber-music View Post
    I'm not sure if Marvel could use the Netflix characters in the films at the moment. Marvel supposedly can't revive the Defenders characters for two years because of the contract they made with Netflix. Not sure how the contract relates to using the characters in the movies but it's possible they couldn't.
    If memory serves, the Russo brothers thought about using the Defenders in Infinity War, but decided there just wasn't enough room.