Page 237 of 324 FirstFirst ... 137187227233234235236237238239240241247287 ... LastLast
Results 3,541 to 3,555 of 4846

Astonishing Member Soulsword323's Avatar

AU or whatever, I love seeing Jean on a team with Colossus, Nightcrawler, and Storm. I've always enjoyed the interactions between Piotr and Jean.

Quote Originally Posted by Disciple of Redd View Post
    Cyclops and Wolverine get the Phoenix: it's fine

Jean Grey has the Phoenix: it's too powerful! (For a girl).

This has been a garbage week in X-Men happenings all the way around.
    When was Cyclops as Phoenix ever fine?

Wolvie as Phoenix is just a bad joke and belittles the Phoenix even more, and does nothing fir Logan.

Quote Originally Posted by FUBAR007 View Post
    Some women, sure. Anyway, I was referring to the contingent of posters here, regardless of their gender, who intensely want Jean to be single.

My Sex and the City reference was tongue-in-cheek and meant halfway in jest. That said, in the hands of a sufficiently talented writer, such a setup could conceivably be done well.

OK. I have no idea what you want. My only clear takeaway from your posts is that you hate Jott.
    Jean is way too classy Nd resoectful to behave and talk about partners like someine frim Sex and the Ciry! I could see Ororo doing it jot in deneaning way but seeing sex as a natural sct that diesnt need big love ties

Quote Originally Posted by Portsian View Post
    Jean is way too classy Nd resoectful to behave and talk about partners like someine frim Sex and the Ciry! I could see Ororo doing it jot in deneaning way but seeing sex as a natural sct that diesnt need big love ties
    Hmm, I remember a book where they were having a girls night, and Jean and misty are talking about partners casually and jokingly, and Ororo feels uncomfortable about the way they're talking about men like pieces of meat.

Think it's uncanny X-Men first class, not sure if it's a Canon story anyway
    Last edited by Del torro; 11-17-2018 at 04:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Del torro View Post
    Hmm, I remember a book where they were having a girls night, and Jean and misty are talking about partners casually and jokingly, and Ororo feels uncomfortable about the way they're talking about men like pieces of meat.

that is weird, Jean was always a shy girl

Rosenberg say that he likes jean on her when asked about Jott and Jogan. If he isnt trolling, maybe there is hope for Jean in the future

It's supposedly set on Earth-616 - but the costumes are wrong.
    https://marvel.wikia.com/wiki/X-Men_First_Class_Vol_1_1
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

Wow, Rosenberg really, really hates Gambit.

Also Logan and Scott are cool , they both love Jean and want her to be happy, and she loves them. to each their own i guess.
    Last edited by phoenixzero23; 11-17-2018 at 07:58 PM.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Theres nothing funky cool about Storm or Piotr
    I like it, its a new look.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    Would you rather have her be the one with the mohawk? Thank god for the '60s hair with headband tbh.
    They could've come up withs something different. It almost looks like she's the only stuck in the 60s. Haven't seen her in a mohawk, so it might actually work.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    Wow, Rosenberg really, really hates Gambit.

Also Logan and Scott are cool , they both love Jean and want her to be happy, and she loves them. to each their own i guess.
    The thing is, neither of them really loves Jean as a person, they just see her as this representation of the perfect life that they feel entitled to but will never achieve because the whole world hates them for being different and nobody understands their struggle and boo hoo woe is me my life is so hard no one gets my pain. Ironically, each of them sees the other as the personification of all the obstacles that society throws in their way and keeps them from attaining the ultimate prize, and both are rather oblivious to the fact that most mutants out there have it far worse and yet don't spend all their panel time crying about it. There is scant little evidence that either of them really gives a damn about what Jean's hopes and aspirations are or care about her personal struggles except as it relates to them.

This sort of stems from the nature of comic book storytelling, I'm sure the writers just want to write their heroes as these cool badass outlaw types but they can't help but inject their own personal frustrations and experiences in the story which always shines through whether intended or not. The main reason Jean has never really had the same problem as some other character is that she hasn't really been written by anyone who self-identifies with her, and thus has never had to endure the inevitably cringe inducing transformation into author avatar that so many other superheroes have undergone.

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

No, this whole "they are in love with the idea, not the woman" applies to everybody but Scott and Logan. Jean is an attractive and charismatic woman, every hetero man would want a shot to a relationship with her. It's easy for most males to fall in love or develop a crush with her in no time. they could literally pair Jean with any other character because loving her is easy, there is no reason not to love her.

Meanwhile for as much drama that there has been with Scott or Logan, both relationships go way beyond that. For example Logan cares about Jean even though she has rejected him and chose other guy, keep caring about her even though she chose another guy is a clear sign of genuine and inconditional affection. On Scott side, he is probably the person who has know Jean the longer and more intimate than anybody else, he has also lived with her the best and most horrible moments on her life through the different periods of her life cycle. So Scott isn't just in love with the idea, he knows the woman.

Again, falling in love with Jean is easy but is the difficulties and even the drama what shows more than just sexual attraction. Sexual attraction is the easiest and cheapest base for a relationship.

Every other guy besides these two is in love with the idea of Jean. Because they don't know her like these guys or haven't deal with the ugly parts of love.
    Last edited by phoenixzero23; 11-18-2018 at 08:07 AM.

Found this on facebook. It's Jean Grey by Sophal Lay. Love the style here.

Jean Grey by Sophal Lay.jpg
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

Yes, but Ororo has changd so much since then.

Quote Originally Posted by MarvelMaster616 View Post
    Found this on facebook. It's Jean Grey by Sophal Lay. Love the style here.

Jean Grey by Sophal Lay.jpg
    Yes, very nice Jean indeed.