Page 108 of 109 FirstFirst ... 85898104105106107108109 LastLast
Results 1,606 to 1,620 of 1634
    BANNED

Magneto is Magneto. It's the X men that break stride and change their ways. Cyclops basically turned on Xavier to work with Magneto..makes sense. He used to abandon his son and wife..so he damn sure wasnt gonna stay loyal.

Who cares why Gambit did it. He still lied for years as if he wasnt man enough to admit to his faults. Great hero. What a friend.

Apparently Magneto was right about Pietro...Lorna, Luna, and Wanda all turned on him.

And Alex is very passive..that's his story arc. To always be less competent and less confident than Scott summers. Surprised he isnt following Jean around like a puppy dog at this point.

Lorna is above all of that...she actually survived meaningful hardships that werent self inflicted like Gambit, Havok, Wolverine, Cyclops. They all sabotaged themselves in truth.

Ultimate Member

And Magneto hasn't lied for years and years and years about a great many things...Magneto calling Gambit out about being a liar is more than the pot calling the kettle black...not sure that Gambit's really ever called himself a hero...turning on someone doesn't mean that one is deserving to die, especially when the one that they turned on is out of his mind and evil...Alex isn't always passive, everyone is from time to time, and Alex is competent, why would he be following Jean around if only just to further your views...being inverted wasn't self inflicted...Magneto has switched sides more than once...

There's no good reason for badmouthing other characters. It does nothing to benefit Lorna, and it could rightfully tick off fans of other characters.

If there's a legitimate complaint, like how Havok has been propped up in large part by Marvel sacrificing Lorna's potential and opportunities for his benefit, then that's fine. But not just smearing other characters.

Also, keep in mind this is a Polaris thread, not a Magneto thread. Magneto can and should be discussed in relation to Lorna, but he's not supposed to be the main topic of discussion. Same goes for Havok.
    I can also be reached on BlueSky and Tumblr. Avatar by kahlart.

Ghosts of Genosha minicomic focused on Polaris, written by me and drawn by Fin_NoMore.

Polaris 50th anniversary minicomic written by me and drawn by Mlad!

Gallery of Polaris commissions (without NSFW or minicomics)

Astonishing Member AbnormallyNormal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by salarta View Post
    There's no good reason for badmouthing other characters. It does nothing to benefit Lorna, and it could rightfully tick off fans of other characters.

If there's a legitimate complaint, like how Havok has been propped up in large part by Marvel sacrificing Lorna's potential and opportunities for his benefit, then that's fine. But not just smearing other characters.

Also, keep in mind this is a Polaris thread, not a Magneto thread. Magneto can and should be discussed in relation to Lorna, but he's not supposed to be the main topic of discussion. Same goes for Havok.
    Can I ask the source for your new avatar? I love it
    Forget the old ways - Krakoa is god.

OBEY

Quote Originally Posted by AbnormallyNormal View Post
    Can I ask the source for your new avatar? I love it
    You can, and thanks for asking! It's from one of the panels from the Polaris minicomic I'm working on with Mlad (comic and artist linked in signature). I was considering either this or the cake topper from the cover.

Ghosts of Genosha minicomic focused on Polaris, written by me and drawn by Fin_NoMore.

BANNED

If someone has a problem with the history of their favorite character, they need to tweet Jordan White. This thread doesn't change canon. Lol@piss off other fans. Merry Christmas though.

Ultimate Member

Well some would argue about the definition of legitimate...like I don't know if that's really what's been going on the whole time with Alex...some of that could be seen as smearing Alex...
    But for the most part I think that White isn't terribly worried about what any one fan thinks either way on any character until it becomes a view shared by many...

As for Lorna...wonder still if she knows that she's not in the 616 verse anymore while in prison with Bishop and the others...

Cosplay by lc2-350

Quote Originally Posted by MichelleDiMera View Post
    If someone has a problem with the history of their favorite character, they need to tweet Jordan White. This thread doesn't change canon. Lol@piss off other fans. Merry Christmas though.
    I mean, if you're dead set on it then have fun I guess. I said what I could.

BANNED

Polaris & Bishop being in the upcoming Prisoner X together, recently got me thinkin' of X-Factor back in the day, where she did the same with his lil' sis Shard:

... or a faXimile thereof, as it were.

Astonishing Member Soulsword323's Avatar

Aww, I miss Shard. That was an interesting group of characters Lorna worked with in X-Factor. Wildchild, Forge, Sabretooth, Mystique, and a hologram of Shard was really out there. Some people were speculating that the Dani on the cover could actually be Mystique, so that could be another connection back to Lorna's old X-Factor days.

Quote Originally Posted by Soulsword323 View Post
    Aww, I miss Shard. That was an interesting group of characters Lorna worked with in X-Factor. Wildchild, Forge, Sabretooth, Mystique, and a hologram of Shard was really out there. Some people were speculating that the Dani on the cover could actually be Mystique, so that could be another connection back to Lorna's old X-Factor days.
    They already did a thing like that with Astonishing #1 though

I do like that as a gimmick like "fooled ya, this character is actually _________" but it also may tire people out if they keep doing it

Plus there is probably decent genuine interest in Dani at this point, more so than Raven likely. Plus they just "villainized" Raven pretty crudely in her BLACK issue.

OBEY

Sktech Silva Polaris vs Magneto/Salvation
    https://www.instagram.com/p/Bri19pbgWcr/

Astonishing Member Soulsword323's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AbnormallyNormal View Post
    They already did a thing like that with Astonishing #1 though

I do like that as a gimmick like "fooled ya, this character is actually _________" but it also may tire people out if they keep doing it

Plus there is probably decent genuine interest in Dani at this point, more so than Raven likely. Plus they just "villainized" Raven pretty crudely in her BLACK issue.
    Yeah, I know. The whole Mystique is really Beast thing. Though there has to be some reason that Dani is appearing in both Uncanny, and Age of X-Man, and some people think the one in Prisoner X could be a shapeshifter. I'm hoping it could somehow still be Dani, but we'll just have to wait to find out.

And now for page 2 of the Polaris 50th anniversary minicomic written by me, drawn by Mlad.

I know some people aren't keen on the content of top, left and right panels. Their use here is not to be mistaken for support of how Lorna was treated during those periods. It's absolutely not. However, they're parts of her history that I think are important to acknowledge - and that I think can be revisited and reworked into something good for her.

The only case I'm leery of is the big bullet-deflecting Lorna in the right panel. I don't want Marvel to ever turn her back into that; only exception I'd see is if it's clear it's not her actual powers (not even secondary mutation) and it's clear she's returning to normal by end of the story arc using it. With that kept in mind, I can see that period acknowledged and used to get at how she felt about being turned into that, the body dysmorphia it caused (possibly paired with how she used to dye her hair brown when she was younger), etc.

She's suffered through a lot. People trying to take her identity away from her and make into something she isn't and doesn't want to be is part of that.

P.S. - Originally, instead of Pestilence Lorna, right panel was going to have a Stepford wife style Lorna to match the history of writers (mainly Claremont) trying to turn her into that for Havok. I ultimately decided not to use that angle because I felt this wasn't the place for a call-out. It also helped that Marvel hasn't been forcing Havok on Lorna any further since Blue. If they were, I would've felt an intense obligation to call it out with this page.
    Last edited by salarta; 12-29-2018 at 04:21 PM.

Strangely enough she actually looks really cool/badass in the panels

OBEY