Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 LastLast
    THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

https://www.instagram.com/p/B5X2iGmBbWV/

Bendis: "Public service announcement! This is the cover to action comics 1017 on sale today. You will see in the left and right hand corners it says action comics and 1017. It is also part of @dccomics gigantic year of the villain! Brand new storyline!This brings Lex Luthor and the Legion of doom right to Superman’s front door. Guest starring the justice league and young justice. A lot will happen in this arc. Leviathan. Invisible mafia. And of course Superman’s truth. Metropolis will get a new mayor? And most importantly, I get The honor of once again working with actual comics legends"

Metropolis seems to be getting a new mayor like I hoped, and given the the fact that Melody Moore just showed up again in 1017, I think she's the likely new mayor.
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

Quote Originally Posted by Superlad93 View Post
    https://www.instagram.com/p/B5X2iGmBbWV/

Bendis: "Public service announcement! This is the cover to action comics 1017 on sale today. You will see in the left and right hand corners it says action comics and 1017. It is also part of @dccomics gigantic year of the villain! Brand new storyline!This brings Lex Luthor and the Legion of doom right to Superman’s front door. Guest starring the justice league and young justice. A lot will happen in this arc. Leviathan. Invisible mafia. And of course Superman’s truth. Metropolis will get a new mayor? And most importantly, I get The honor of once again working with actual comics legends"

Metropolis seems to be getting a new mayor like I hoped, and given the the fact that Melody Moore just showed up again in 1017, I think she's the likely new mayor.
    I really want to see more development to local Metropolis politics, so I hope whoever the new mayor is, they’re going to play an important role going forward.

So theoretically a you could read about young adult Jon and teen Jon in the same line till Bendis feels like "graduating" them to what is most assuredly the Ultimate version of 5YL.
    Couldn’t you make it a past, present, and future line if you really wanted to?

I noticed that in Young Justice issue #11 we finally got the confirmation that Conner Kent is not part of this timeline. Similar to Wally and Bart, he was simply somewhere else when the revisions in time happened.

Now while it's more than possible Clark and some others may start to remember him like Tim did (but that's not a given). I feel fairly comfortable saying that it's very unlikely that Jon will 'remember' him, thus the idea of them functioning like 'brothers' right off the bat gets called into question.

For Conner this seems like it'll be starting over to a degree, and I think that's intentional on Bendis' part. There's more reason for him to feel comfortable changing his super name and such. I imagine this will also play up his 'black sheep of the family role' and kind of make him like the new Power Girl what with the "you don't belong anywhere" comment.

Now I'm wondering how Doctor Glory remembers him and how she "read up" on him, but also how she knew about the shifts in time. It feels like Bendis is building something of a conspiracy with the people who know about the shifts in time, and he's also now confirming that there's tangible evidence of past timelines. You have Glory's notes and Leone's Action Comics #1 car.

Also this seems to confirm that the new DC timeline is based on the revisions of time. So even though Clark and Bruce are technically in their 80s, they've actually just been in their 30s for decades because of revisions in time.

I'm now wondering, with there being people that know of these shifts in time and have evidence, will this make its way into public knowledge at least in the hero community? I mean, Legion Millennium issue 2 seems to confirm that by Booster Gold's time the revisions in time during the 20th and 21st centuries are public knowledge.

Interesting stuff.
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

he still wouldn't HAVE TO age up his Legion right then and there because of time travel.
    Isn't this true of every character, though? They could set a Black Lightning book in the 1910s if they wanted to, right?

Quote Originally Posted by TheRay View Post
    They could set a Black Lightning book in the 1910s if they wanted to, right?
    Not according to this timeline, no. Wonder Woman came first in the 1930s.

But they would likely be just fine for anything out of continuity.

I noticed that in Young Justice issue #11 we finally got the confirmation that Conner Kent is not part of this timeline. Similar to Wally and Bart, he was simply somewhere else when the revisions in time happened.

Now while it's more than possible Clark and some others may start to remember him like Tim did (but that's not a given). I feel fairly comfortable saying that it's very unlikely that Jon will 'remember' him, thus the idea of them functioning like 'brothers' right off the bat gets called into question.

For Conner this seems like it'll be starting over to a degree, and I think that's intentional on Bendis' part. There's more reason for him to feel comfortable changing his super name and such. I imagine this will also play up his 'black sheep of the family role' and kind of make him like the new Power Girl what with the "you don't belong anywhere" comment.

Now I'm wondering how Doctor Glory remembers him and how she "read up" on him, but also how she knew about the shifts in time. It feels like Bendis is building something of a conspiracy with the people who know about the shifts in time, and he's also now confirming that there's tangible evidence of past timelines. You have Glory's notes and Leone's Action Comics #1 car.

Also this seems to confirm that the new DC timeline is based on the revisions of time. So even though Clark and Bruce are technically in their 80s, they've actually just been in their 30s for decades because of revisions in time.

I'm now wondering, with there being people that know of these shifts in time and have evidence, will this make its way into public knowledge at least in the hero community? I mean, Legion Millennium issue 2 seems to confirm that by Booster Gold's time the revisions in time during the 20th and 21st centuries are public knowledge.

Interesting stuff.
    I mean the difference with Jon is that he’s never met Conner. I mean unless New 52 Teen Titans is cannon, which it could be I don’t know the whole timeline stuff at this point, the only version of Jon Conner has ever met is the evil version who replaced him from an alternate universe. It would actually make no sense if Jon suddenly remembered Conner who he has had no history with.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    I mean the difference with Jon is that he’s never met Conner. I mean unless New 52 Teen Titans is cannon, which it could be I don’t know the whole timeline stuff at this point, the only version of Jon Conner has ever met is the evil version who replaced him from an alternate universe. It would actually make no sense if Jon suddenly remembered Conner who he has had no history with.
    It would make sense similar to reborn did. Jon was 'remembered' by everyone including perry who became his godfather after reborn. Perry and jon had no relationship before that.

Not according to this timeline, no. Wonder Woman came first in the 1930s.
    That we know of.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Possible doomsday clock 12 spoiler from bleeding cool: https://t.co/FeroOaTgcP

Adds fuel to the main topic of this thread..

Sounds like something like this:

Doomsday Clock makes mostly slight alterations to the timeline > first half of 2020 explores these while also setting up "endgame" type tales for the classics > Snyder's Crisis > 2 month hiatus where we get some Convergence-type fill-in materials > significant time-jump for the main Earth where the next generation takes over.

I wouldn't be surprised if it will also lead to new introductions like Bruce and Selina being married and having a 5-6 year old daughter in Helena Wayne, Lois and Clark perhaps having another child, reveal that Diana and Steve also got married at some point in the jump and perhaps even have a child of their own in Lyta Trevor, Arthur and Mera's boy also gets play being an adolescent, etc. etc.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 12-16-2019 at 02:17 PM.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Bleedingcool is extremely hard to trust (I didn't trust 5G till another site cosigned), but never have I known them to put out a rumor that can be so quickly disproved in roughly a day, so I'll say this is likely true.

That said, boy does it feel good to be vindicated on the whole timeskip thing. I assumed it would be 4 to 5 years max, so 6 works for me. DC really loves the gut punch and "reboot without being a reboot" nature that Legion 5 Years Later gives. And to be perfectly honest, so do I. 6 years of fresh new history to play with overplayed on decades of history is fascinating to me. Again, that feeling from the Legion 5 Years Later story line where people are at different places in life, the landscape is familiar but different, dynamics have formed and broken, is a reboot but with history.

So then this'll make Jon around 23 (same for Naomi), Kara in her early to mid 20s, Damian 19, Teen Lantern 16, the YJ4 between 22 and 23, and Dick's generation in there 30s. And given the fact that Jon's aging, it's also safe to assume that the Legion will be aging too, so they'll be similarly in their early to mid 20s for this 6YL.

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    Lois and Clark perhaps having another child.
    Bendis has recently confirmed that there will be no other super children running around, and that specifically Lois and Clark are not having another child.

He said "I see why some feel aging up jon was a dick move, I do. but aging him up and bringing in a new baby sister: THAT would be a dick move"

And if I'm not mistaken Arthur and Mera are having a girl, right?

Oh really? Okay then, scratch another Super kid. I'll take your word for it on Arthur and Mera, I guess I just assumed son? Either way I expect that character to have an expanded role in Aquaman considering the child will be old enough to have a role. Helena is also just a guess, but I'm personally really seeing Bruce and Selina actually marrying in 2020 so I think it would fit, and the Bat mythos always has a kid or pre-teen, and Damian would be beyond that by this time. Thinking of that is what also made me think of Lyta, although admittedly that one is just the purest of speculation based on nothing the WW books itself have provided.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 12-16-2019 at 03:29 PM.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Thanks...

Still hate it.

Yeah the daughter will be 6 or 7 by 5G. I keep hearing whispers and rumors about Bruce and Selina having a daughter, and it seems possible given the set up.

Here's a rare interview by Johns on Doomsday Clock 12

https://www.cbr.com/geoff-johns-doom...rview-preview/

Johns: "Well, the interesting thing is the story we set up to tell is our story; we didn't change anything. The story that I pitched at the beginning of this is the story that we told, and I'm really, really happy and proud of the story. Gary and I are both really grateful that we got to use these characters to tell the exact story we wanted to tell. And this story was not a story that was designed to lead into whatever the next big event is; it's a story designed to lead into DC Comics as an entity, period. Kind of leading into another storyline is not what it's built for directly, but it leads into everything, and, when you read Issue 12, that'll make a lot more sense."

That last bit especially seems to line up with what Bendis and DiDio have been saying about this timeline and 5G stuff being in the works for years and years. Also seems to line up with the idea that they'll give the idea of a 5G a shout out in the issue.