Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Strange Visitor's status should be updated to Active but Unknown. She reappeared in Orlando's Supergirl run and her sacrifice in Our Worlds at War was referenced as well. She was then seen as part of the Justice Foundation that emerged at the end of Orlando's JLA run so she's back in the DCU again.

Every time I see Batman in a Superman comic, on panel explaining some aspect of his powers to Superman, two things come to my mind.

1 Why is Batman there?
    2 Why isn't Superman talking to John Henry Irons?
    "By force of will he turns his gaze upon the seething horror bellow us on the hillside.
    Yes, he feels the icy touch of fear, but he is not cowed. He is Superman!"

Quote Originally Posted by Francisco View Post
    Every time I see Batman in a Superman comic, on panel explaining some aspect of his powers to Superman, two things come to my mind.

1 Why is Batman there?
    You know what I ask myself? Why is anyone explaining Clark's powers to him? Who the hell actually thinks that they have a better understanding of Clark's biology than Clark himself, who has access to the Fortress? Annoys the hell out of me.

But if someone has to, it should be John Henry. Not Batman, or Barry, or anyone from another IP.

I dunno, I feel like maybe we need more mystery in Clark's powers. I sorta like the idea that no one is entirely sure how they work, that it's so unique in the universe the most advanced sciences can't quite figure it out.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

1 Why is Batman there?
    Amen. Stop dragging Batman in for cameos. Tomasi, Jurgens, and Bendis all have done this and it’s irritating me.

Kon93

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    You know what I ask myself? Why is anyone explaining Clark's powers to him? Who the hell actually thinks that they have a better understanding of Clark's biology than Clark himself, who has access to the Fortress? Annoys the hell out of me.

But if someone has to, it should be John Henry. Not Batman, or Barry, or anyone from another IP.

I dunno, I feel like maybe we need more mystery in Clark's powers. I sorta like the idea that no one is entirely sure how they work, that it's so unique in the universe the most advanced sciences can't quite figure it out.

I thought his powers were pretty straightforward,he gets all his powers from kryptonians having to adapt "naturally" and scientifically evolving themselves also.all his powers are like human abilities but amped to God level,and his bio aura let's him fly and makes him invulnerable not just highly durable like other characters in his weight class.

I would love a SUPER family series with everyone spoken of here

Astonishing Member WallyWestFlash's Avatar

It's funny I was just reading the New Krypton story and it's full of Superman characters and I was thinking "How did the Superfamily go from being so big and cool to now where we have almost no one."

There was Superman, Krypto, Superboy, Steel, Guardian, Mon-El, Supergirl, Superwoman, Nightwing, Flamebird. Too bad they are all pretty much gone.

Also I still really miss Linda Danvers and she is still is one of my favorites but Thara Ak-Var AKA Flamebird kicked ass and I really liked her. Her partnership with Chris was also really good.

There are a lot of similarities with her and Linda even though I know they are opposite personalities.

Add Thara to the list of super characters I really want to come back.

(BTW is there an appreciation thread for her?)
    My name is Wally West. I"m the fastest man alive. I"m the Flash.

Favorite Heroes - 1-Flash/Wally West, 2-Superman, 3-Green Lantern/Hal Jordan, 4-Nightwing, 5-Hawkman, 6-Firestorm, 7-Supergirl/Linda Danvers, 8-Zatanna, 9-Robin/Tim Drake

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post

I see Clark and John Henry's friendship as being pretty similar to what Clark and Lex would've had if Lex wasn't an asshat. John Henry represents pretty much everthing Clark admires about us humans. Plus they're both big nerds. Fortress of solitud/kryptonian tech = Treehouse/rock collection.
    And actually I wouldn't like John explaining science stuff to Superman or anything related to his powers either but it would be great if they bounced ideas off each other. Scientific collaboration, I mean.
    "By force of will he turns his gaze upon the seething horror bellow us on the hillside.

I see Clark and John Henry's friendship as being pretty similar to what Clark and Lex would've had if Lex wasn't an asshat. John Henry represents pretty much everthing Clark admires about us humans. Plus they're both big nerds. Fortress of solitud/kryptonian tech = Treehouse/rock collection.
    And actually I wouldn't like John explaining science stuff to Superman or anything related to his powers either but it would be great if they bounced ideas off each other. Scientific collaboration, I mean.
    Oh, totally. John Henry is such an incredible addition to the mythos, and the DCU as a whole. For the life of me, I cannot understand why DC doesn't use him more.

Quote Originally Posted by Kon93 View Post
    I thought his powers were pretty straightforward,he gets all his powers from kryptonians having to adapt "naturally" and scientifically evolving themselves also.all his powers are like human abilities but amped to God level,and his bio aura let's him fly and makes him invulnerable not just highly durable like other characters in his weight class.
    I mean more in the nitty gritty details. Yeah, a lot of it is fairly clear. It's partially a environmental thing, and Clark's stronger here just like we'd be stronger on Mars. And his race engineered themselves to physically thrive on a harsh planet so they're quite hardy. And Clark uses something vaguely akin to photosynthesis to absorb solar energy....but it's not photosynthesis, so what exactly is it, how does it work, why has it had this particular effect on Clark's biology? What exactly can he do? Heat vision is really just an application of his x-ray vision. What other tricks could he learn? If he can lift buildings without them being crushed by their own weight, and also fly at near light speed.....could he "twist" his bioelectric aura to pop through a Calabi-Yao manifold and teleport through a sub-quantum realm? How, exactly, does he fly in the first place? How is his body generating the aura, why is it there, what part of the brain controls it?

These are the things I think should be a mystery.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Kon93

The bio aura needs to be a thing again, it just makes to much sense, and it explains SBs powers quite nicely

I like the bioaura but I don't want to see it depicted in the art. It should always be something invisible.

Kon93

I like the bioaura but I don't want to see it depicted in the art. It should always be something invisible.
    Totally agree,I even like that for SB,just not when he extends it away from his body in the many ways he can do it.

With the happy news that Connor Kent, aka Kon-El, aka SUPERBOY II is returning, I have updated the list! = ) You know, 2019 might just turn into a pretty great year for Superman comics, after all. Several characters might be returning!

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

Bendis flat outs says he has plans for Val-Zod.
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

Astonishing Member Dispenser Of Truth's Avatar

Beppo was mentioned by Lois in the Metal tie-in Devastator, so presumably he was around at some point.
    Buh-bye

Retired

Batman and Wonder Woman are part of the extended family.

Other Superman family members would include Lois Lane, Jimmy Olsen, Lana Lang, Perry White, Jonathan Kent, Martha Kent, Pete Ross, Vartox, the Legion of Super-Heroes, Bizarro, Bizarro World, Mr. Mxyzptlk, Titano the Super-Ape, Susie Thompkins, Inspector Henderson, Van-Zee, Sylvia, Lori Lemaris, Cat Grant, Steve Lombard, Professor Hamilton and Morgan Edge.