Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by ericng View Post
    I am really confused about Moira's powers. The stories didn't mention when her past lives took place. Was it in the past or a parallel timeline?
    past. Moira's power is reincarnation. Whenever she dies, she is reborn in her mother's womb with all memories of her past lives. They werent parallel timelines but different additive timelines. They all happened and she's mentally several hundred years old

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    past. Moira's power is reincarnation. Whenever she dies, she is reborn in her mother's womb with all memories of her past lives. They werent parallel timelines but different additive timelines. They all happened and she's mentally several hundred years old
    If it occurred in the past, why didn't I see any ancient costumes like ancient Egyptian clothing, bronze age clothing, iron age clothing, medieval clothing in Europe etc, all the clothing shown seem to be modern clothing or did I miss something.

Astonishing Member

If it occurred in the past, why didn't I see any ancient costumes like ancient Egyptian clothing, bronze age clothing, iron age clothing, medieval clothing in Europe etc, all the clothing shown seem to be modern clothing or did I miss something.
    I think you're taking the word "past" here a little bit literally.

Astonishing Member AbnormallyNormal's Avatar

I wonder how Moira feels about Legion. Or Proteus for that matter. Seemingly nothing?

I continue to believe that a simple way to ramp up tension in this status quo is to turn Moira into an ever-increasing extremist and have her break away from X/M (maybe recruit her own team of mutants in some way)
    Forget the old ways - Krakoa is god.

OBEY

bc Moira's lives always began at the same point in time and none existed during ancient civilizations

Quote Originally Posted by AbnormallyNormal View Post
    I wonder how Moira feels about Legion. Or Proteus for that matter. Seemingly nothing?

I continue to believe that a simple way to ramp up tension in this status quo is to turn Moira into an ever-increasing extremist and have her break away from X/M (maybe recruit her own team of mutants in some way)
    Hickman already hinted that she orchestrated their existences so they were always likely intended to play a role in her larger schemes

Mighty Member

bc Moira's lives always began at the same point in time and none existed during ancient civilizations
    How can she began at the same point in time? For example, if she died in 1980, does that mean she is reborn again in 1950? i.e time goes backwards?

Time doesn't stop for anyone; so it doesn't make sense. If she died in 1980, she would be reborn again in 1981.

She had nine lives, so she should have been first born in 9*50 = 450 years ago. An average of 50 years per lifetime. That would be the middle ages, somewhere in 1500 AD.

Somehow Hickman didn't explain enough details.
    Last edited by ericng; 01-06-2020 at 03:34 AM.

How can she began at the same point in time? For example, if she died in 1980, does that mean she is reborn again in 1950? i.e time goes backwards?

Time doesn't stop for anyone; so it doesn't make sense. If she died in 1980, she would be reborn again in 1981.

She had nine lives, so she should have been first born in 9*50 = 450 years ago. An average of 50 years per lifetime. That would be the middle ages, somewhere in 1500 AD.

...She's reborn at the same time she was born before, resetting the timeline. It's quite simple, you're just complicating it for no reason.

Hickman already hinted that she orchestrated their existences so they were always likely intended to play a role in her larger schemes
    Correct and for all we know, she may have a lot of things in the works right now that will come to light later.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Go read House of X #2. Its not that complicated and actually fairly straightforward

Mighty Member

Go read House of X #2. Its not that complicated and actually fairly straightforward
    I have read House of X #2, nothing was mentioned whether she was reborn in the future or reborn in the past which is impossible because time doesn't get reset.

I have read House of X #2, nothing was mentioned whether she was reborn in the future or reborn in the past which is impossible because time doesn't get reset.
    Re-read the book bc thats exactly what happened. Its a major detail and the core plot point which this entire X-men is built on. Im not sure how one could have missed that detail

Impossible? This is a comic book. Its possible bc the writer said so. Dont come at this with real world logic bc you will confuse yourself every time

Astonishing Member

You really overcomplicating this her ability is reincarnation. When she reincarnates she goes back to the point of her birth EVERY TIME. Let's assume she was born in 1960 and then died in 2018 she then reincarnates back to her birth point in 1960 with a full knowledge of everything that she did up until the point of her death.

That's all.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by loke13 View Post
    You really overcomplicating this her ability is reincarnation. When she reincarnates she goes back to the point of her birth EVERY TIME. Let's assume she was born in 1960 and then died in 2018 she then reincarnates back to her birth point in 1960 with a full knowledge of everything that she did up until the point of her death.

That's all.
    Yeah, but one gets the impression that she's immortal, given that she was alive in a pen with Wolverine a thousand years in the future.

Frankly, I don't much care for this retcon. It completely changes the character to the point that she might as well be someone else.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    Yeah, but one gets the impression that she's immortal, given that she was alive in a pen with Wolverine a thousand years in the future.

Frankly, I don't much care for this retcon. It completely changes the character to the point that she might as well be someone else.
    She only lived that long because she was taking frequent blood transfusions from Wolverine they mention it in the issue.

I like the retcon, because it's additive rather than reductive sure you may have traded in one of the X-Men's most popular human allies but I think what we got in return was very much worth it and opens up a lot of different story potential. Hickman set the stage from Moira I'm curious to see what a new writer or Hickman himself does with the character.
    Last edited by loke13; 01-06-2020 at 11:46 PM.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

I hope HiX-Man is the writer on the book which features Moira. Simply because it was his idea to develop the character to where she is now and I don't trust any other writer to really do her justice going forward.
    My Summer rain. My rooftop in Japan. My quiet in the storm. *cries* Al Ewing is GOD...Praise His name! Uplift Him in song! Glorify His works!