Page 2 of 37 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Dermie View Post
    Possibly. That's a good point.

On the other hand, though, its not like Aaron always worries about what is happening in other books when it comes to his characters' love lives. His JANE FOSTER: THOR book had multiple references to Jane and Sam Wilson sleeping together, whereas in Sam's book he and Misty Knight were in a serious relationship and there was no mention of Jane at all. So I wouldn't necessarily rule out the idea of AVENGERS having Thor (or Steve, Tony, Carol or T'Challa) sleeping with whomever Aaron decides he wants/needs them to regardless of their relationship status in their respective solo titles.
    Oh yeah, I remember how random that came off. Like Aaron only took their interaction from The Avengers books where they kissed and became confidante's and kind of spun it into something it really wasn't...

Quote Originally Posted by KangMiRae View Post
    She-Hulk by Douglas Bicalho! Her thighs could crush infinity gems!

I wish we could get this She-Hulk back, and I don't merely mean for her looks. I love classic She-Hulk's intelligence, confidence, and quirky fun-loving attitude. She was far superior to her current brutish, dumbed-down, dour incarnation.
    Last edited by Celgress; 02-02-2020 at 10:45 PM.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

I dearly hope the show isn't based on Aaron's take. It'll be a waste of a once in a lifetime opportunity.

Quote Originally Posted by macattack View Post
    I dearly hope the show isn't based on Aaron's take. It'll be a waste of a once in a lifetime opportunity.
    Yeah, I also don't see them doing another Savage Hulk, just female.

Same here, if it is I must admit I'll be profoundly disappointed.

Incredible Member

I'm hoping the fact that Loki is referencing the TVA means that someone at Marvel Studios has at least read Slott's run.

Agreed. I feel like the old She-Hulk's charisma was one of her best traits and would be perfect for a show.

Maybe we will get a mix of Jen's personalities with her initially becoming Savage She-Hulk before transitioning to Classic She-Hulk.
    We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!

Quote Originally Posted by nj06 View Post
    Agreed. I feel like the old She-Hulk's charisma was one of her best traits and would be perfect for a show.

Maybe we will get a mix of Jen's personalities with her initially becoming Savage She-Hulk before transitioning to Classic She-Hulk.
    I could live with that, considering Jen journeyed the same road in her original comic book. I'd also be okay with her occasionally going beserk and becoming Savage She-Hulk but not her Savage or Brute side being her default form. Current Brute Hulk Jen is a hard pass in my eyes. I hate the character as it represents a needless devolution of Jen.
    Last edited by Celgress; 02-09-2020 at 04:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by nj06 View Post

I could see being a mix of some of her runs. Start with a little bit of Savage (origin maybe a bit agressive), throw in some 4th wall breaking from the Byrne but mostly focuses on her as a lawyer like the Slott and Souls runs.

I'm curious how they'll handle the design, especially if they go with CGI.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I'm curious how they'll handle the design, especially if they go with CGI.
    They will almost certainly go CGI for this. The amount of tall actresses that can be asked to carry the weight of a production of this scale can be counted with one hand, and none of them have the physical presence of a Hulk. This leaves three options if you went this route: bulking the actress up (good luck convincing any to throw away other roles for years to do this), fitting her with prosthetics (extremely time-consuming, not ideal for a TV production), or using CGI on her (and if you do this you might as well just gone for full CGI anyway).

Good CGI is cheaper than ever, and if this series costs $10-15 million per episode like the other Marvel TV series reportedly are, they will almost certainly be able to have She-Hulk show up for 5-10 minutes every episode with wise scripting and budgeting. They'll just have Jennifer's actress fitted with mo-cap for those scenes and work with it from there.

I wouldn't even be surprised if Marvel's choice for Jennifer is someone more known for mo-cap in AAA video games (like, say, Laura Bailey) over primarily screen actresses, because of how important it is to nail those scenes when She-Hulk shows up (especially if the plan is for She-Hulk to become more and more dominant over time). I'd personally question the wisdom of the decision, but I could see the logic behind it.
    Last edited by macattack; 02-11-2020 at 11:26 AM.

Incredible Member Sensational C's Avatar

I'd prefer CGI as well. I think it would allow for a more fluid, animated appearance which would help whenever Jen transforms as well provide the direct performance the creators of the show envisioned.

Sidenote, I'm loving artist Dima Ivanov's take of She-Hulk. I hope he could one day draw some covers for a future solo series for Marvel.
    https://twitter.com/dimaiv_nov
    She-hulkHCat.jpg

I think they're gonna have to go the CGI, mo-cap suit route

All-New Member

They spent too much time and money improving on their cgi mocap, they ain't gonna stop now. Professor Hulk in Endgame felt like precursor/prototype.

Can anyone clue me in on why the sensational she hulk the return John Byrne trade omits issue 47? It's got 31 to 46 then 48 to 50.

Is there a reason?