Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast

I love the design, but I hate anyone with 'machine hacker' powers no one ever uses them creatively

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

She grew on me, i hope she wont be forgotten after Red.

BANNED

Ever since this thread was made, Trinary sadly didn't grow on me. Her whole act is "I saw the ugly side of humanity through the internet and now I'm using it for the good fight" and little else. I don't think she even has a real name besides Trinary. Maybe Taylor doesn't know any indi names? And since Red is ending, and she's probably going into limbo until he pulls her into Spider-Man, I don't expect anything else.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by KurtW95 View Post
    Network and Madison Jeffries come to mind. And she's doing the same thing as Juston Seyfert with a sentinel. Also Tom Skylark with Rover and Rover's companionship with Marrow in Wolverine and the X-Men. That said, I don't find Trinary compelling or likable. But that's not a huge jump from the rest of the characterizations in X-Men Red. The portrayal of Jean Grey is disgusting and the wallpaper status of Nightcrawler, Gambit, Namor, and Storm in order to play second fiddle to the characters the writer cares more about.
    You can throw Cypher in there since he can speak coding according to that last Xfactor series he was in

Quote Originally Posted by PrezValentine View Post
    Ever since this thread was made, Trinary sadly didn't grow on me. Her whole act is "I saw the ugly side of humanity through the internet and now I'm using it for the good fight" and little else. I don't think she even has a real name besides Trinary. Maybe Taylor doesn't know any indi names? And since Red is ending, and she's probably going into limbo until he pulls her into Spider-Man, I don't expect anything else.
    I'm still at Meh.

It's clear that her whole purpose is to push Taylor's politics. What makes matters worse is he is using the title to solely push "his" characters. Taylor's not even pretending that he wants or is trying to write a true X-Men book. Instead it's "The Mutants I Created" book.
    Idea's Open Discussion And Growth. Silencing Idea's Confirms Them To Be True In The Minds Of Those Who Hold Them. The Attempt Of Eliminating Idea's Proves You To Be A Fool.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

She didn't grow on me as fast as Armour and Gabby did. Maybe if Jason Aaron writes here I might catch on. Ha Ha.

Quote Originally Posted by PrezValentine View Post
    God. Taylor on Spidey. I can sense Peter x Laura coming. Better restock my anti-depressants.

Fantastic Member

I wish her costume and hairstyle were used for Rachel instead

Thumbs up for more South Asian characters.

Other than that she's decent but hasn't outgrown her role as tech support. Same with Gabby whose role is "adorable kid sidekick". Right now the most interesting thing about her is her "will they or will they not" with Gentle.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 11-01-2018 at 07:44 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    She didn't grow on me as fast as Armour and Gabby did. Maybe if Jason Aaron writes here I might catch on. Ha Ha.

God. Taylor on Spidey. I can sense Peter x Laura coming. Better restock my anti-depressants.
    Taylor can't go over Spencer. I know, Aaron and Waid did the same and completely ruined Falcon's relationship with Misty, by having him make out with Thor at the same time in other books. But I think Spencer still has the upper hand and he's writing the main book. Peter x MJ are safe, thank God. Can't imagine the backlash if they ruin it again.

I don't dislike her, but if she wasn't in a book anymore i probably wouldn't care. She doesn't do enough for me to get excited to read about her. Once/if she grows as a character, we'll see, but so far, after 9 issues, she's just all right

Her relationship with Gentle is cute, the stuff about all of the hate she's encountered on the internet is a bit heavy handed but its better than whatever the hell Soule did to Cypher.

She has promise. At the very least she could make a solid supporting character, set her up with the X-Club.

Still not crazy about the sentinel.

Solid concept, flawed execution.

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post

Team-up I can see happening. And expect laughs when Laura talks to Peter about the time she swapped bodies with Gwen! But no romance. For starters, there's a decade age difference, and also, he's dating MJ.

As for Trinary, sadly I see her going the same way as the other young heroine with a braid - Synapse of the Uncanny Avengers. She's been gone since No Surrender ended.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Incredible Member StephenFoxMonster's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Team-up I can see happening. And expect laughs when Laura talks to Peter about the time she swapped bodies with Gwen! But no romance. For starters, there's a decade age difference, and also, he's dating MJ.

As for Trinary, sadly I see her going the same way as the other young heroine with a braid - Synapse of the Uncanny Avengers. She's been gone since No Surrender ended.
    Isn't she in Quicksilver's book?

Lover her.

Costume, power, that cute thing she has with Gentle.