Page 54 of 239 FirstFirst ... 44450515253545556575864104154 ... LastLast
    Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ilan Preskovsky View Post
    Where did you hear/ read this?
    Newsrama,CBR and bleeding cool
    Searching for the links here:

brad interview :https://www.cbr.com/interview-brad-m...entity-crisis/

This is from another topic that was discussing the issue, i'm still searching for the complet article:

"Because I have been told DC Comics folk have discussed that Bleeding Cool may have revealed something about the planned superhero gone insane, killing all other heroes, in Heroes In Crisis. And that writer Tom King was discussing changing the ending as a result.

We thought it would be the opener of the series, turns out it may have been the final reveal.

Maybe Dan Jurgens or Dennis O’Neill could persuade him of the folly of going down that road again?"

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by BohemiaDrinker View Post
    Not that older than you, 38.

Only difference between us is that I actually caught the 80's hell, I guess.
    Ahh, cool.

Second language, man. Communication is easy, nuance, a lot of the time, not so much. Sorry.
    Fair enough. I wasn't sweating it. As I said, you came off as pretty polite, so I could see you were well-meaning.

I get that.

But I also think that steps on the right direction have to be appreciated. Doing the right thing may be easier or harder depending on how much wrong there is around you.

And even if I agree that there should be no sliding scale of morality, there should be a sliding scale of tolerance for mistakes and world views. And I say that because I'm pretty sure most of us will look like cave-people for the people of thirty years from now. Yet we're all (well, we on this thread at least) trying the best we can.
    But I'm not being intolerant of Wally's mistake. I'm not saying that he is a bad person because of it or saying he needs to be summarily punished. But for us to continue to take steps in the right direction, we need to acknowledge when something that came before wasn't the way to go. Otherwise, we'll be stuck in the same place.

Wally screwed up, but it acknowledging that is not the same as saying he isn't trying or that this issue wasn't a landmark moment in comics. I've never said that. Just that Wally's behavior isn't the best way to react to your friend coming out. Cause it isn't. That really shouldn't be a point of contention.

Okay, but (And I'll leave this conversation after this reply, because it'll become a more complex debate than the thread asks, and I donw't want to further hijack it): like any other prejudice that's socially enforced, we can have both overt and internalized homophobia, and I'd say it's fair to say we all have some internalized prejudice at some point in our lives. In a point where overt homophobia, and LGBTPhobia in general, was the norm, maybe more good was achieved from showing a character (in this case, Wally), actually looking inward, confronting this and coming trough the other side a better person, or at least in the right direction.

What I think people are objecting to your point, is that it may sound as "it was wrong, and that's it", while some times there's no possible "right". In the end, if Wally was just accepting and ok with it from the get go, that story might have carried way less weight (while today. the reverse is true).

And I agree with you larger point about acknowledging past mistakes to move forward.
    Again, I never said that the issue should be something else than what it was. I'm not suggesting that it should have been written differently than it was. I've said this a bunch of times and yet some people don't seem to be picking up on that.

All I've been saying is that Wally's behavior at the start of this issue is problematic. That doesn't mean Messner-Loeb should be expected to go back and rewrite the issue. That doesn't mean I don't buy that this was a realistic portrayal of Wally. It just means that you shouldn't run away from people coming out to you. That really should go without saying. It's not about the issue, it's about the behavior that occurs in the issue. A person can acknowledge that action is problematic without it being an indictment of the character or the issue.
    Currently Reading:

DC: The Flash, Challenge of the Super Sons, Nightwing

Image: Lazarus: Risen, The Old Guard, Black Magick

Boom: Mighty Morphin', Power Rangers

Incredible Member

Pls post spoilers (in proper tags, for those who mind)

DM me if you feel like it.
    Def, i'll post it in spoiler tags in like an hour since it'll be up soon

Incredible Member

Unusual....seems like its not up yet. I wonder if kindle is delaying the release of DC books tonight for retailers' midnight releases due to Tec 1,000

Incredible Member

wait i got it. reading now...

Incredible Member

this is so confusing i'm losing my mind reading this. I'll post a major spoiler pg on reddit

https://www.reddit.com/r/DCcomics/co..._anymore_hic7/

spoilers:
    somehow wally revived ivy. issue ends off with wally asking ivy for help. harley and booster made peace and now want to find Wally to stop him. Harley wants to kill him. This is a Wally centric issue. Seems like Wally has...videos of Linda reciting poems to him? doesn't make sense but i gave up.
    end of spoilers
    Last edited by Darkcrusade25; 03-26-2019 at 09:37 PM.

Mighty Member

I read the Spoiler, but I think I missed a huge part of the Series...

I didnt read the Series, but I was very curious who the Killer is...

Is this now the revelation of the Killer who has killed all others including Roy or is the true Killer still unrevealed?

Astonishing Member

We aren't 100% sure who the killer is yet. Originally it was "teased" as Harley and/or Booster, but as the comic has gone on it was obvious it was never one of them. The current hot pick is Wally considering he is the only other character with consistent screentime at Sanctuary and there's been allusions to things being weird with him so far (the end of last issue implying time travel shenanigans, even though that does not make sense).

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dred View Post
    We aren't 100% sure who the killer is yet. Originally it was "teased" as Harley and/or Booster, but as the comic has gone on it was obvious it was never one of them. The current hot pick is Wally considering he is the only other character with consistent screentime at Sanctuary and there's been allusions to things being weird with him so far (the end of last issue implying time travel shenanigans, even though that does not make sense).
    Ok, thank you...

I knew that there is this probability that Wally is the Killer, BUT I am still scared of such a revelation and I still hope that he ISNT the killer...

It would be another disappointment in Rebirth for me: 1. Roy Harpers transformation from the cool guy in Pre-Flashpoint with Lian to this character, then Nightwing, now Kon El who isnt sure in which direction he gets and probably now also Wally.....

All my favorite characters transformed into a worse version of the loved Pre-Flashpoint Version..

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Darkcrusade25 View Post
    this is so confusing i'm losing my mind reading this. I'll post a major spoiler pg on reddit

https://www.reddit.com/r/DCcomics/co..._anymore_hic7/

spoilers:
    somehow wally revived ivy. issue ends off with wally asking ivy for help. harley and booster made peace and now want to find Wally to stop him. Harley wants to kill him. This is a Wally centric issue. Seems like Wally has...videos of Linda reciting poems to him? doesn't make sense but i gave up.
    end of spoilers
    welcome to the ride
    More questions than answers(again)

(Formerly ilash) Ilan Preskovsky's Avatar

Wally is not the killer. You don't promote the series as being built around Booster, Harley and Wally as the main characters and have Wally be the killer. It's way too obvious.
    Check out my blog, Because Everyone Else Has One, for my regularly updated movie reviews.

(Formerly ilash) Ilan Preskovsky's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by reis9999 View Post
    Newsrama,CBR and bleeding cool
    Searching for the links here:

brad interview :https://www.cbr.com/interview-brad-m...entity-crisis/

This is from another topic that was discussing the issue, i'm still searching for the complet article:

"Because I have been told DC Comics folk have discussed that Bleeding Cool may have revealed something about the planned superhero gone insane, killing all other heroes, in Heroes In Crisis. And that writer Tom King was discussing changing the ending as a result.

We thought it would be the opener of the series, turns out it may have been the final reveal.

Maybe Dan Jurgens or Dennis O’Neill could persuade him of the folly of going down that road again?"
    Thanks for this!

Hmmm, interesting. That would be dissapointing but I still don't buy it. It's all just much, much too obvious.
    Check out my blog, Because Everyone Else Has One, for my regularly updated movie reviews.

Extraordinary Member

so Ivy get to Live and let me guess why.......

Quote Originally Posted by Ilan Preskovsky View Post
    Wally is not the killer. You don't promote the series as being built around Booster, Harley and Wally as the main characters and have Wally be the killer. It's way too obvious.
    Yeah, I think he triggered something that caused the deaths (probably the sanctuary AI went rogue), but I don't think he actually killed anybody.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    so Ivy get to Live and let me guess why.......
    she's needed as a side character for the fourth pillar of dc comics.