Page 85 of 432 FirstFirst ... 357581828384858687888995135185 ... LastLast
Results 1,261 to 1,275 of 6479

Honestly, while I prefer her without the mask, I've never minded it much. It does give her a distinct look at least. It's the mini-dress that bothers me more because it seems so impractical for someone who flies around a lot. And I hate how a lot of today's artists have made her yellow gloves look like wide mouthed dishwasher gloves. I've only seen a handful of artists like Russell Dauterman, Mahmud Asrar, and Matteo Lolli draw the gloves as skin tight.

Quote Originally Posted by Harpsikord View Post
    I just think it'd be better with glasses or a typical pointed domino mask rather than the pointed mask, honestly. The points make it so... 60s.
    Right, I don't really like the mask either, I thought you were talking about how it looked on the game specifically, which I think it's better than how a lot of artists draw it on the comics.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    I like that better as well. What seperates her from the rest is that as a psionic she is able to use both her TP and TK in unison to unmeasurable limits. They work of off each other. I think this would disqualify Quentin and Exodus though and Im sure Hickman has a reason for why they were listed as omegas
    Jean’s peers didn’t rapidly develop until her telepathic powers re-emerge. So yes to the tp and tkmin unison boosting her over other powerful psychics.

It’s also why she is the prime host of the Phoenix. The Phoenix said Jean Grey as Phoenix is unparalleled.

BANNED

Jean turns into a Universal type with her new costume in FF. She becomes the first universal mutant

Jean will be meta as hell, more than ever. No more getting whooped around by Quicksilver and Deadpool on timeline and she'll replace Captain Marvel in two alliance battle extreme days. I'll get this uniform as soon as I get the refund for buying Psylocke.

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    this is one of your best

it isn't, it just happen naturally with many animals that are together for life

I have studied sociology, even if not in deepth at least twice and never a teacher ever brought monogamy as control. I think it was that on the past when people married mostly for interest (like royalty) and throught family arrangements as it was almost a obligation and very little option;
    Today? it is only a option that people can choose or not

For what we know Jean is in a monogamous relationship, anything else is especulation
    I am trying to be respectful and in good faith but what you are saying is simply wrong. I already detailed how monogamy is a form of social control in an earlier post. Monogamy is social because it is an agreement between people. You cannot remove the social context from relationships. In fact we can't remove the social context from any social behavior because we are constantly reinforcing norms, customs, values and beliefs with every symbolic interaction. We also have the coercive power of institutions that guide our behavior (institutions with externality, historicity, etc). While some psychologist point to fathering as a natural element of monogamy, cross culturally we see a lot of variations of behavior in regards to sexual relationships throughout history and in contemporary times.

I don't want to get banned or warned for this so I hope we can just put this behind us, but again re-read my post because I adequately take down your argument and I clearly explain the concept of mutual obligation which monogamy is an example. Also, since you concede that monogamy is an option then it is clearly social because it is something we can choose or not choose to engage in. I'm sure we are triggering those that don't like relationship talk and those that don't like academic discussions.

Jean does seem to be the monogamous type but things change. This new era might bring both Scott and Jean out of their comfort zone and make them both more open minded. I'd say Scott already is since it is kind of part of his character that he has a wondering eye when it comes to women (telepaths in particular).

As far as Future Flight, Jean's Marvel Girl costume looks decent.

If monogamy is so natural, i'd like to know why so many people cheat on each others, or even if they don't, they (sometimes? Many times?) think about it.
    And no, not so many animals stay as a loyal couple for life. There are, of course, but it's a minority. There are millions of animal species, and most of them are not monogamous as ar as I know.

About Jean : she is attracted to Logan. As MechaJeanix said she doesn't seem to be the polygamous type. But If a - head - writer decides that she's more than half of Jott, using subtext, then we have to agree that some fans will see that Jean and Logan are more than friends. Or maybe the sex friends type. Or the friends with benefits type. Like it or not. There is pretty much nothing we can do.
    Yeah, as an exemple, I have been ranting a few times about the mini skirt and ridiculous washing gloves and ugly mask. It won't change a damn thing.

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

Jean turns into a Universal type with her new costume in FF. She becomes the first universal mutant

The Marvel Girl costume actually looks quite good here
    Last edited by phoenixzero23; 03-13-2020 at 07:11 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    The Marvel Girl actually looks quite good here
    I still hate the suit, but I agree, it is better here. The shape of the gloves are more "phoenixy" and less washing dishes type.
    The 2 shades of green on the mini skirt make it a bit more 90's than 60's.

Please update the her costume to look like this in the comics.
    First X-Lady

It's awful that Jean has to share the success with Emma

Its ironic that Jean started off with the Phoenix costume, then Red and now Marvel Girl. She gets more powerful with each look but in the comics each look subsequent look is attributed to a weaker version of the character

Quote Originally Posted by franckd View Post
    If monogamy is so natural, i'd like to know why so many people cheat on each others, or even if they don't, they (sometimes? Many times?) think about it.
    And no, not so many animals stay as a loyal couple for life. There are, of course, but it's a minority. There are millions of animal species, and most of them are not monogamous as ar as I know.
    There is also people who don't cheat, it is the choice of person look for the worst examples.
    people think about many wrong things like murder people. it's part of the human experience have darker thoughts and sometimes fantacize about it.

About Jean : she is attracted to Logan. As MechaJeanix said she doesn't seem to be the polygamous type. But If a - head - writer decides that she's more than half of Jott, using subtext, then we have to agree that some fans will see that Jean and Logan are more than friends. Or maybe the sex friends type. Or the friends with benefits type. Like it or not. There is pretty much nothing we can do.
    Yeah, as an exemple, I have been ranting a few times about the mini skirt and ridiculous washing gloves and ugly mask. It won't change a damn thing.
    X-men fans interpret any two people talking being romance as I saw on the last issue of new mutants, it is ridiculous. For me interpertation is overrated without any proof.

This art almost make me like marvel girl costume. Almost tricked me.
    Last edited by spirit2011; 03-13-2020 at 10:44 AM.

Wait when was this DoX update for Ff?

Quote Originally Posted by Storm17 View Post
    Wait when was this DoX update for Ff?
    Next week....

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post

It's awful that Jean has to share the success with Emma
    That was just a marketing gimmick. Ppl bought it thinking it will catty fights but turned out to be strictly professional. Moreover, Jean has nothing to say to Emma, she already made her pay. It is Scott she needs to talk to buuutttt we will never see that. I wish they had a Giant Sized Jean Grey issue though.