Page 52 of 59 FirstFirst ... 242484950515253545556 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Zeitgeist View Post
    A morally grey Spider-Gwen?
    You could probably spin her that way.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    Just lamenting that we don't even have Jen.

(Female spin-offs of established male characters are a big thing in comics, aren't they? But not so much in the movies.)
    i think it’s cool so far that the female heroes aren’t seen as “male spin-offs”but with marvel entering the next phase, who knows? might be a few female legacy type characters.
    troo fan or death

Quote Originally Posted by boots View Post
    i think it’s cool so far that the female heroes aren’t seen as “male spin-offs”but with marvel entering the next phase, who knows? might be a few female legacy type characters.
    I'm perfectly fine if we don't get any spinoff characters as far as MCU Spider-Man is concerned (that's what the Spider-Verse movies are for) .

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I'm perfectly fine if we don't get any spinoff characters as far as MCU Spider-Man is concerned (that's what the Spider-Verse movies are for) .
    yeah, as much as I love some of the spin-off spideys, if it were up to me i wouldn’t introduce any to the mcu either.

that being said, i wouldn’t be shocked if there was some clone saga spin down the line.
    troo fan or death

that being said, i wouldn’t be shocked if there was some clone saga spin down the line.
    Well, they got to get in their "evil double" villain at some point .

Well, they got to get in their "evil double" villain at some point .

true

with the way marvel films have worked in the past (iron monger, yellow jacket, abomination) i'm surprised they haven't yet
    troo fan or death

true

with the way marvel films have worked in the past (iron monger, yellow jacket, abomination) i'm surprised they haven't yet
    Well, they can't use Venom and the other options aren't stuff you could initially start out with like other villains, so I'm not surprised they haven't.

Well, they can't use Venom and the other options aren't stuff you could initially start out with like other villains, so I'm not surprised they haven't.
    you're right, it's partly dependent on what sony have planned for their extended "sony-verse" features, but i'm sure if marvel wanted to...they could have by at least movie 2 (considering sony have let them have mysterio and harry and vulture and shocker)
    troo fan or death

you're right, it's partly dependent on what sony have planned for their extended "sony-verse" features, but i'm sure if marvel wanted to...they could have by at least movie 2 (considering sony have let them have mysterio and harry and vulture and shocker)
    Did you just spoil something ?

Did you just spoil something ?
    i can neither confirm or deny. i plead the fifth!
    Last edited by boots; 05-14-2019 at 07:46 PM. Reason: spulling
    troo fan or death

Speaking seriously though, I don't think they were ever going to let them use Venom since that's their tentpole franchise film now and I don't think Pascal or Feige were on the same page with what to do with the Sony films vs. Marvel Studios films.

You could probably spin her that way.
    Ehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Maybe

I think Spider-Gwen already fills a space of her own though. She's easily the most popular Spidey universe Spider-Woman/Girl I think it's safe to say, and if you move her to a femme fatale position, that leaves a vacuum in that space. You could put Arana or Mattie Franklin or Julia Carpenter in there but they are niche.

(Silk could be a tweener though, maybe? I have no idea where she sits on the popularity/importance scales)
    ♪ღ♪*•.¸¸¸.•*¨ ¨*•.¸¸¸.•*•♪ღ♪¸.•*¨ ¨*•.¸¸¸.•*•♪ღ♪•*

♪ღ♪░NORAH░WINTERS░FOR░SPIDER-WAIFU░♪ღ♪

*•♪ღ♪*•.¸¸¸.•*¨ ¨*•.¸¸¸.•*•♪¸.•*¨ ¨*•.¸¸¸.•*•♪ღ♪•«

Ehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Maybe

I think Spider-Gwen already fills a space of her own though. She's easily the most popular Spidey universe Spider-Woman/Girl I think it's safe to say, and if you move her to a femme fatale position, that leaves a vacuum in that space. You could put Arana or Mattie Franklin or Julia Carpenter in there but they are niche.

(Silk could be a tweener though, maybe? I have no idea where she sits on the popularity/importance scales)
    I wasn't expecting her to fill out the Femme Fatale position, just the tempting "rebellious" costumed love interest to contrast with the civilian "MJ" love interest.

She probably wouldn't be a criminal although maybe she'd still have her comic bad popularity to contrast with MCU Peter being so beloved.

I wasn't expecting her to fill out the Femme Fatale position, just the tempting "rebellious" costumed love interest to contrast with the civilian "MJ" love interest.

She probably wouldn't be a criminal although maybe she'd still have her comic bad popularity to contrast with MCU Peter being so beloved.
    Yeah, I could see her filling the rebellious niche well, actually.

But this taps into something I find interesting, in that they've lead immediately with Mary Jane after a little bit of Liz Allan. And I can't see Zendaya hanging around for 9 films or whatever, and chances are they're not going to recast the role when there's other characters to bring in her place, so are they in effect going to flip MJ and Gwen around, maybe? Not saying one is going to be dropped from a great height because been there, done that, but I'm intrigued on how they'll play it.
    ♪ღ♪*•.¸¸¸.•*¨ ¨*•.¸¸¸.•*•♪ღ♪¸.•*¨ ¨*•.¸¸¸.•*•♪ღ♪•*

♪ღ♪░NORAH░WINTERS░FOR░SPIDER-WAIFU░♪ღ♪

*•♪ღ♪*•.¸¸¸.•*¨ ¨*•.¸¸¸.•*•♪¸.•*¨ ¨*•.¸¸¸.•*•♪ღ♪•«

BANNED

Yeah, I could see her filling the rebellious niche well, actually.

But this taps into something I find interesting, in that they've lead immediately with Mary Jane after a little bit of Liz Allan. And I can't see Zendaya hanging around for 9 films or whatever, and chances are they're not going to recast the role when there's other characters to bring in her place, so are they in effect going to flip MJ and Gwen around, maybe? Not saying one is going to be dropped from a great height because been there, done that, but I'm intrigued on how they'll play it.
    The Sony-MCU deal isn't forever. And Sony might feel compelled to go into a new direction especially with ITSV and so on. At the end of the day, this is about Sony and what they want. It will be interesting if they do Tom Holland's Peter in college.