Page 12 of 277 FirstFirst ... 289101112131415162262112 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by signalman112 View Post
    Like the cold war-spy feel to this episode.
    More character building for Captain Cold.
    Wish they would give a bit more depth to Heatwave.
    Captain Cold is my favorite character on the show. They had better not kill him off.

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Char Aznable View Post
    Just looked up Valentina Vostok and she's a pre-existing character in the DCU. Negative Woman is coming!

I still own the comics that introduced her to the world almost 40 years ago!
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

Just looked up Valentina Vostok and she's a pre-existing character in the DCU. Negative Woman is coming!

Uh, wouldn't count on it. More likely it's just an Easter Egg. Like lawyer Jean Loring in Arrow.

Sandy Hausler

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post
    We even saw in that Arrow/Flash crossover that once Vandal was defeated, it took outside assistance for him to come back.
    And we still have no clue why Merlyn resurrected Savage. Who would be one of his rivals and general pain in the neck.
    That was only because that was a kill performed by the Hawks. According to the show, they're the only ones allowed to defeat Savage (tm).

And Merlyn likely revived him on the condition that Savage owe him a favor. It's not like Malcom has to worry about an immortal rival, what with the state of the pit.

Quote Originally Posted by The Darknight Detective View Post
    I still own the comics that introduced her to the world almost 40 years ago!
    Me too. While the original X-Men and the original Doom Patrol came out at around the same time in 1963, it's been pretty conclusively shown that while there were a lot of similarities, neither was a copy of the other. But the new Doom Patrol was clearly trying to capitalize on the success of the X-Men.

Sandy Hausler

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sandy Hausler View Post
    Me too. While the original X-Men and the original Doom Patrol came out at around the same time in 1963, it's been pretty conclusively shown that while there were a lot of similarities, neither was a copy of the other. But the new Doom Patrol was clearly trying to capitalize on the success of the X-Men.

Sandy Hausler
    I had not read any X-Men stories at that time, Sandy, so I never noticed that back then. It's a lot more obvious to me now, though.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

Extraordinary Member Doctor Know's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sandy Hausler View Post
    Uh, wouldn't count on it. More likely it's just an Easter Egg. Like lawyer Jean Loring in Arrow.

Sandy Hausler
    Well during the teaser for next week's episode we did see Valentine briefly become Firestorm. Maybe the experiment goes bad for her and she become Negative Woman.

Savage and Valentina's experiments to create a Firestorm were unstable after all. Anything could happen though.

Well during the teaser for next week's episode we did see Valentine briefly become Firestorm. Maybe the experiment goes bad for her and she become Negative Woman.

Savage and Valentina's experiments to create a Firestorm were unstable after all. Anything could happen though.
    Hmm. I thought the whole point is that Russian's can't get that tech without screwing up the timeline. Bet she doesn't have the power at the end of the episode.

Sandy Hausler

Isn't part of the reason Professor Stein's Firestorm Matrix works is because of the fusion aspect? If Savage and Valentina are unaware of that, it could be one of the biggest reasons their attempts to duplicate Firestorm have been so unsuccessful. They have no idea that, to work and be stable, Firestorm needs two people.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by signalman112 View Post
    Wish they would give a bit more depth to Heatwave.
    That's what I'm waiting for. This version of Heatwave just feels like a satellite character for Cold.

Incredible Member

To me it's become rather conspicuous how calm and collected (and arrogant)Snart always is, literally all the time no matter what's happening, even when there's a gun under his chin and he really seems to believe he might be about to die. I'd like to see him in a scene where he totally loses his cool. I do really enjoy him as a character though.

And in spite of that, I think I will always be struck by the fact that virtually anyone who picks up the cold and heat guns could in effect become those people. If Rip was interested in having two people with those particular powers on the team it seems like he could have just gotten hold of the guns and given them to people with good infiltration skills who were not criminals.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kensei View Post
    To me it's become rather conspicuous how calm and collected (and arrogant)Snart always is, literally all the time no matter what's happening, even when there's a gun under his chin and he really seems to believe he might be about to die. I'd like to see him in a scene where he totally loses his cool. I do really enjoy him as a character though.

And in spite of that, I think I will always be struck by the fact that virtually anyone who picks up the cold and heat guns could in effect become those people. If Rip was interested in having two people with those particular powers on the team it seems like he could have just gotten hold of the guns and given them to people with good infiltration skills who were not criminals.
    He wasn't just their skills that Rip needed. He also needed guys that won't have an effect on history for being gone. If Heatwave bites it next episode it won't bent the timeline.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kensei View Post

In fairness Cold has a long, successful career as a criminal, and been in his fair share of tight spots

Being mentally cool under pressure IS Captain Cold's power. He's basically Cyclops as a villain/antihero; a calmly brilliant tactician who just happens to have a simple blast as his signature attack.

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    In fairness Cold has a long, successful career as a criminal, and been in his fair share of tight spots
    And he's a non-powered criminal who's managed to actually keep The Flash on his toes and beat him. That's no simple feat.