Page 79 of 82 FirstFirst ... 29697576777879808182 LastLast
Results 1,171 to 1,185 of 1218
    Veteran Junior Member Wolvie616's Avatar

It was as Spider-Man announced his charge, that a tear in the dimension opens.

A grey light pours out, Blinding the heroes and Mysterio. And suddenly, a gust of wind enveloped the area, sending debris and Space Phantom leftovers scattering.

A glowing blue giant descended from the bleed in reality, shaking the foundation of the dimension

"Sorry I'm late guys. I'll fill you in on what happened later. Right now.....

"I'VE GOT A BAD GUY TO KICK IN!"

And Korra charges Mysterio, Punting him into the sky. The group could hear his ribs crack as he spun in the air, nearly going out of sight.

And then, he came crashing down, his body severely messed up, and clearly unconscious, in the midst of the group.

"Man, That felt great! I needed to crack some heads."

"Don't have to tell me twi-" I trailed off in thought as Korea-or a version of her?- arrived and punted Mysterio into the air. It was almost comical I began to grin. I held my ribs and walked over enough to check out the damaged Mysterio.

"Good job everyone, and thanks for the finish Korra" I'd tell her, looking up at the girl. I was naturally still a bit wary even if he was down, reflexively training my visor on his position. It was concerning to me that someone like Mysterio could pull off something like this. It didn't feel right to me.

Emma, think you can dig into his mind and figure out how he pulled this off?

"Spider-Man, this isn't his usual MO, is it?" I'd ask him
    Last edited by Froggy; 07-03-2014 at 10:00 PM.
    Brad Pitt for Grifter in a WildCATS movie

Default FLASHBACK: WHAT HAPPENED TO KORRA YOU ASK?! Part 1

FLASHBACK TO THE FIGHT AGAINST ULTRON WITH KORRA.....

As Ultron Exploded, Korra was thrown back by the blast and off the ledge of the plateau where they were trekking. Too hurt to do more than bend a bit of air to cushion the fall, Korra hit the ground hard.

Tumbling with the fall, she found herself significantly cut off from the rest of the group, and too injured to risk airbending herself that high without potentially killing herself.

Resigned but frustrated, Korra decided her best course of action was to look for a different avenue of gaining assistance. The problem was, she had no idea where she was. Who could she turn to? Who knew that she was there.

Ugh. If she hadn't had that fight against Vaatu, she could have called on her past lives for Advice. Aang would have known what to do....
    Korra let out a sigh. She was the spirit of the Earth, and it saddened her to know that 10,000 years of her connection to the earth were suddenly gone. And she was stuck on a weird, barren planet that she had NO connection to.

Or DID she?

She was the Avatar after all. The medium between the Spirit world and the physical one. She might not be able to reach the spirit plane of HER earth, but perhaps there was a spirit plane on this Battleworld.

Centering Herself, Korra entered into a meditative state, hoping for some kind of reaction. Hours passed. the day turned into night and the wind got cold. But surely as she was the Avatar, Korra began to spirit walk.

Default FLASHBACK: WHAT HAPPENED TO KORRA YOU ASK?! Part 2

As Korra walked the planet in search of fellow spirits, she didn't find any she could converse with. The heroes and Villains who were a part of this world left faint echoes of themselves behind, but nothing substantial.

She saw a blond haired man turn into a giant and dissapear into the sky, taking even Korra's breath away with his size. Truly, in that moment, someone who very well could have felt small seemed larger than life.

She came across someone who could have been Spider-Man speed away on a web, as if some great new adventure awaited him.

But both of those men were too far gone, too called towards somewhere else, for Korra to slow them down and talk to them. So she knew that those who lived here were probably gone.

Frustrated now by the lack of options, Korra went into her last recourse action: She dived straight under the planet, hoping to find the spirit of Battleworld itself. It was the only thing that would be able to help her get back to the group. Who knew? Maybe it could help her get the group back to the mansion and back with everyone else!

Finally, she encountered a plane of blood red skies and skulls. Suddenly, this didn't seem like so bright an idea. Looking for the spirit of a place called BATTLEWORLD? What was she thinking?! Still, she had to try. She might get killed, but who knows? Maybe this spirit wouldn't be so aggressive.

WHAT ARE YOU DOING HERE?!?!

AND STANDING BEFORE HER WAS ARES,GOD OF WAR.

okay, scratch that. Korra was probably in some serious trouble.

"Your plans foiled, your army crushed, and you lay broken."

Approaching Mysterio, Diavolo was all too amused by the villain's predicament.

"Your greatest folly to make me, Diavolo, your enemy!"

For a brief moment, Mysterio could make out the phantom-like being of Diavolo's stand, but by then, it was far too late.

"KING CRIMSON!"

At first, one might have been forgiven to think that King Crimson could stop time. It certainly seemed that way to Diavolo's perspective with reality coming to a screeching halt. Despite this, he had seen the results of his ability far too many times to know that time continued as always. He had simply "stepped" out of the flow of time, allowing himself to view with an outsider's perspective and with it, manipulate causality. The projectiles, the strikes, and blows he had once been standing in front of as he approached Mysterio would meet their intended target as if Diavolo were never there. After all, there were easy enough to avoid in his state.

Taking his place behind Mysterio, his stand reared back its fist.
    To the others, it felt as if time had "skipped". Actions they were just starting had already concluded before they even knew it. More importantly, however, as the fact that a fist-sized hole had taken residence in Mysterio's chest.

Finally, the group had an opening on Mysterio. Homura was somewhat impressed with how Spider-Man put him down so easily. It didn't matter much at this point, as they still had a fight on their hands. Not one to drag things out, Homura quickly raised her pistol and--

"Tch!" A blinding blue streak appeared before the girl and the others, her head turning away. As she regained her vision, however, she was greeted with a pleasant surprise. "Korra...?"

Quote Originally Posted by Wolvie616 View Post

"Sorry I'm late guys. I'll fill you in on what happened later. Right now.....

And Korra charges Mysterio, Punting him into the sky. The group could hear his ribs crack as he spun in the air, nearly going out of sight.

And then, he came crashing down, his body severely messed up, and clearly unconscious, in the midst of the group.

Homura simply stared in bewilderment as the dust settled. As the Avatar claimed her (rather swift) victory, Homura started to collect herself and sighed as Cyclops took charge again.

"Welcome back." She looked to the Avatar in respect.

Default FLASHBACK: WHAT HAPPENED TO KORRA YOU ASK?! Part 3

Okay, Big burly guy with a skull on his shirt and a giant axe. Korra probably should have expected this one.

Getting into a position to defend herself, Korra responded with a resolve that she could only muster having faith in the AVatar State to get her out of this mess if need be.

"I'm sorry for intruding, but I need some help! I need to get off this planet."

And Ares let out a harsh laugh. It was a laugh born from a life of hardship, cruelties, and primal revelries.

"The ONLY help you get on Battleworld is the help you make for yourself! Battleworld is a world built to the pursuit of that which I am God of. WAR!"

Korra wasn't about to turn back now.
    "Okay then! I'm MAKING you tell me how to get off this rock!" And with that, Korra let loose two ribbons of fire straight into the face of Ares!

But the flames did not harm Ares. He simply walked through them, a look of savage glee on his face.

"Now THAT is an offering worthy of the God of War! I will tell you how to get off this planet, but you must do one thing for me."

"Oh Yeah? What's that?"

This planet of mine has been defiled. It has become part of the sniveling, cowardly plans of a charlatan. A strategist he may be, but his prowess is born out of a fear of confrontation and a vanity of self supposed superiority, rather than a true desire to conquer his opponents, mind and soul. I will not stand and have my planet be raped by his plan. I will let you leave this planet, and will lead you to the man responsible for your recent woes. UN return, you must teach him the meaning of war and fear. Utterly crush him. Do this and I will ensure your return to your world!"

Korra stood there smirking. "So all I got to do is beat up the bad guy?
    Korra slammed her fist into her open palm.

"Just point the way."

And with that, the hellscape disappeared, and Korra found herself in a familiar place....

As Korra walked into the white ball, she found herself connected to Raava once more. And once more, she unleashed the cosmic nature of the Avatar, sending her through a grey limbo, and to the rest of the group, where they were cleaning the floor with some odd spirits, and a man dressed in such a gaudy shade of Green, that only he could be the man Ares had been talking about.....

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclops View Post
    "Good job everyone, and thanks for the finish Korra" I'd tell her, looking up at the girl. I was naturally still a bit wary even if he was down, reflexively training my visor on his position. It was concerning to me that someone like Mysterio could pull off something like this. It didn't feel right to me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Homura View Post
    "Tch!" A blinding blue streak appeared before the girl and the others, her head turning away. As she regained her vision, however, she was greeted with a pleasant surprise. "Korra...?"

Homura simply stared in bewilderment as the dust settled. As the Avatar claimed her (rather swift) victory, Homura started to collect herself and sighed as Cyclops took charge again.

"Welcome back." She looked to the Avatar in respect.
    Korra, growing back to a more manageable size, grinned at Cyclops and Homura, before ranting Bolin-style at them

"Sorry I'm late! It was a WEIRD trip through Battleworld. I met this God of War that was the SPIRIT of the place who sent me here. And I got here when it counted!.....I think..."

"Show Over"

Spider-Man attack left Mysterio vulnerable. The others quickly dog piled Mysterio, relentlessly trying to put him down for good.

"No...no....the power. It's gone! I can't feel the power! No. No no no no no no! Don't take this away from me now! Not while I'm this close! Not wh--"

Quote Originally Posted by Korra View Post

"And that's that, I guess. Now what do we do?"

"You can hand that piece of trash over to us, Spider-Man."

SHIELD
    Nick Fury, Phil Coulson, Maria Hill
    "Nick Fury?!"

"We've been on the trail of Mysterio since word got out that he's been hopping multiple worlds."

"A shame we came a little too late. I would've loved to have seen the beatdown."

"Phil, you need to stop making this issue you had with Mysterio personal."

"He destroyed my car!"

"....Anyway, we'll take it from here, Spider-Man. We got a containment cell in the Raft with his name on it."

"Make sure he rots in it."

"That's the plan. One of our tech guys rewired the transport disc Mysterio used to bring you over here. It should sync up with your energy signature and send you back to your world."

Fury turns to the rest of the group.

"I don't give a damn if you're a hero, a villain, or just a plain freak, head through the disc and get back to your respective worlds."

"Darn. And I was hoping to take some pictures while we were in Limbo."

"Considering who the actual owner of Limbo is, I don't think it would be smart to stick around once he finds out what's been going on here."

As Mysterio regains consciousness, he is arrested with a power dampener placed on him just in case.

"I DON'T DESERVE THIS TREATMENT! I RULE THIS REALM! DO YOU UNDERSTAND ME?! I RULE THIS REALM!"

"Don't worry, Beck. You'll get your very own jail cell to rule."

"YOU DON'T UNDERSTAND! NONE OF YOU UNDERSTAND! MY EYES WERE OPENED! THE MULTIVERSE! WORLDS LIVED! WORLDS COLLIDED! I'VE SEEN THE MULTIVERSE! IT'S ONE BIG FRIGGIN' SNOWFLAKE!"

"What is he talking about?"

"Clearly, he's lost his damn mind, Spider-Man. Hey Coulson, make sure Mr. Beck gets the cell of the padded variety."

"MOCK ME ALL YOU WANT! BUT YOU'VE SET THE WHEELS IN MOTION! THE NEXT PHASE CAN BEGIN! YOU'RE ALL PAWNS OF A GRANDER PLAN! YOU JUST DON'T REALIZE IT!"

And with that, Mysterio and the Agents of SHIELD stepped through the disc and were gone.

31 remain once again.
    Last edited by The Purple Skull; 07-03-2014 at 10:44 PM.
    GLORIOUS!

And that's the end of the main game, but story continues!

You can now start posting your epilogues. Tune in next week for some post-game extras and be back next friday for the wrap up!
    GLORIOUS!

CYCLOPS EPILOGUE OF HEADY THOUGHT STUFF, PART 1

Well, everyone was alive. That's one thing I was glad about. Felt strange seeing Maria Hill here after our last encounter, all things considered, and Fury looked a bit different. I did have to admit, finding out this was fake-it wasn't The Beyonder-was a relief, but something still nagged at me. What would I have done if it was real, and I did win? Would I accept his wish? What would I do with it? I could change things, make everything right fo-no, I wouldn't do that. Tampering with powerful forces like that would only hurt me and the others around me even more, plus the feeling of no control wasn't something I wanted to experience again. I winced as stood up, grimacing from the cracked ribs. I should probably get going soon, though it'll be a surprise for young me to see myself like this okay time paradox talk will lead to a headache and I dont need that, not at all.

"Well uh, I can't say I'd want to do this again, being absconded to otherworldly realms by super villains is one part of life I'm not fond of" I'd tell them, thinking that it's best not to mention the Sentinels and other things I'd have to deal with back home, keep the mood light, or at least try considering all that happened. I walked up to Gohan, putting a hand on his shoulder as I approached him.

"I know the news that The Beyonder was a fraud must have hit you hard, considering what you wanted from him. I can tell you from the perspective of someone who had immense power that if it controls you it's not worth it, and that even if the worst were to happen to you, I think Trunks would more than make you proud. The next generation always seems to do that Gohan. Stay strong" I'd tell him, then walk over to Homura. The way she carried herself, I had forgotten her actual stature. Spoke volumes about her person.

"Homura, you remind me of myself" or well, my best qualities, but keep that to myself. "With that said, take it from someone who's been the-is still there. It doesn't help to push everyone away, as much as it seems like the best option. That and they won't listen" I'd tell her, reminded of my friends, Hank, Warren, Bobby, could I still call them that? And others... Emma, Jean, Professor.

Walking over to Johnny Alpha, I passed by Godzilla, with Allie on his head. I gave Godzilla a thumbs up, and shouted "Good job!" to Allie. They both really came through, everybody did. I knew the "King of All Monsters" had his win way of communicating, and the best I could hope for was a mighty roar. "Johnny, thank you for putting your life on the line the way you did. I'm glad you turned out to be alive. I feel a kindred spirit in you, and from one mutant to another, I know that you'll continue to fight until the end. If I knew you back home I'd be glad to call you a friend."

I then proceeded towards Korea, looking up at the girl. She was very aggressive and straightforward, a swagger in her presence, kind of like Ororo. I laughed at that thought and her current height. "Korra, thank you for your perseverance and strength, not just physical, but mental as well. That and you really know how to kick things off, as Mysterio learned" I'd remark, giving her a salute. I then made my way over to Zoom...
    Brad Pitt for Grifter in a WildCATS movie

Spectacular Member

Well. It was all over and Gohan had met many powerful and strange people along the way. But, now all he wanted was just to return home to Trunks and Bulma to make sure they were okay and Trunks didn't go and get himself hurt in Gohan's absence. As Cyclops approached him however, Gohan shook his head with a soft smile plastered upon his face.

"Don't worry about it. I might not have gotten him to destroy the Androids that plague my world for me but I've unlocked a power even beyond a Super Sayian. Those Androids won't bother anyone anymore once I get home. I'll see to that myself." Gohan stated firmly as his ki flared around him. He'd spare a glance to Homura. She was quite serious for a child but she had earned Gohan's respect and while he was unaware of her home-life, if it was anywhere as hard as his then he'd understand. Then to Godzilla, Gohan floated up towards him and smiled.

"Thanks for all the help you provided. You reminded me of an old childhood friend of mine and I wish he had half the power you had." Gohan said sincerely. Godzilla had proved to be a major help in one-shotting enemies that were not a problem to either of the two. But then the one that Gohan wanted to talk to the most: Prismo. Making his way over, Gohan stared at the entity.

"Prismo.."

Gohan's face turned cold and blood dripped from his hand as he clenched it far too tightly. But this request weighed heavily on his heart and he didn't know the extent of Prismo's power but he figured it was worth a shot.

"Can...Can you bring back my father and my friends? My father lost his life to a heart virus and my friends were all slaughtered by Androids. The only means of reviving them was destroyed as well and.."

A single manly tear rolled down Gohan's face.

"I'd just like to see them again. But if that is far too much for your capabilities, don't worry about it."

Quote Originally Posted by Gohan View Post
    "I'd just like to see them again. But if that is far too much for your capabilities, don't worry about it."

"Hey, don't worry. It'd be cake. Had one bad biscuit wish for the extinction of all life once. Dude was bad news, but rules are rules, wish had to happen. It was only luck that someone else managed to wish it undone."

"I can give you what you want, Son Gohan, but you have to spin the words so the wish doesn't kick you in the buns. Monkey's paw can scratch, bud."

Prismo began to speak in conspiratorial coughs.

"*COUGH* Certainly we want to mention both Dad and all the friends you want back. I know they died *HACK*, I bet that's a good way to specify what you want undone?"

"And hey, when did this war start? You probably want to cover the whole time period?" *WHEEZE*

"But you know the rules! I can't actually make the wish for you! That'd be unfair."

Emma Frost's Epilogue, Part 1

Emma Frost looked around after the dust settled.

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Fury View Post
    "I don't give a damn if you're a hero, a villain, or just a plain freak, head through the disc and get back to your respective worlds."

Emma looked over to Cyclops. "I think we both know which category we fall under, in that bastard's narrow vision", she passed to him through telepathy. She felt the need to tell him that half joke, but nothing else needed be said regarding that matter.

Cyclops wanted to say more in reply to her, but she stopped him.

To Emma the ordeal of the "Beyonder's" game was difficult, and it brought out the best, and worst, of many. She paused to think about it all. "This experience forced me to ally with some terribly heroic, courageous people. And, shall we say, uncomfortable with others" she thought to herself.

She was about to step into the portal, or "disk" as Fury called it. In her eyes, it looked like she was stepping into the X-Men symbol. Was it her own subconscious making her see it that way, or part of her uncontrolled power resulting from the Phoenix incident?

The "X" caused Emma to pause. She looked around again. "I feel the need to appropriate a farewell to those good people, but don't want to prance in front of... the others" she thought internally. She took a deep breath. And decided.

"Very well, telepathic post cards it is, then."

Quote Originally Posted by Homura View Post
    "If you do plan on helping instead of blowing us all sky high, now would be good," Homura spoke to Deadpool, not missing a beat as she reloaded. "We can make a run towards Mysterio if we clear a path."
    "What Mysterio's overlooked is that we have a Spidey of our own. And he don't need no path."

Quote Originally Posted by Wynne View Post
    Wynne would smile at Wade, before she would speak.

"I knew I was right about you Wade, I don't know why I doubted myself."
    "Must be all that getting hit in the face. Better buy a helmet."

Deadpool beat his chest.

"Or the best healing factor clandestine Canadian government special ops can buy."

Quote Originally Posted by SPACE PHANTOMS! View Post
    [B][I]The blast left the remaining Spider-Men down for the count. It was there the Spider-Men began to shake, revealing their true forms... SPACE PHANTOMS!

"This will not go unavenged. Let it be known that you have all made a powerful enemy today!"
    "Psh. I told you they was Space Phantoms," Deadpool said to no one in particular. He cupped his hands to shout as the Space Phantoms fled.

"Next time you nerds want a fighting chance, either hit the gym or bring some Dire Wraiths!"

Quote Originally Posted by Giant Blue Korra View Post
    A glowing blue giant descended from the bleed in reality, shaking the foundation of the dimension"Sorry I'm late guys. I'll fill you in on what happened later. Right now.... I'VE GOT A BAD GUY TO KICK IN!"

And Korra charges Mysterio, Punting him into the sky. The group could hear his ribs crack as he spun in the air, nearly going out of sight.And then, he came crashing down, his body severely messed up, and clearly unconscious, in the midst of the group.

He held his hands straight up in the air, like a referee.

"And the kick is goooooooood! I was so sure you were going to play Whack-A-Mole on that fishbowl, but you're setting records, kid."

Quote Originally Posted by Yellow Boxes
    Wow, a blue Avatar. You'd think people might get things confused. Then again this Giant Blue Korra thing hit like four of my fetishes at once so I'm just gonna enjoy it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nick Fury and Friends View Post
    "You can hand that piece of trash over to us, Spider-Man."

"Nick Fury?!"
    "PHIL COULSON?!" he exclaimed in sync with Spider-Man, albeit with a far more fanboyish glee.

Quote Originally Posted by Mysterio, Spidey, Fury
    "YOU DON'T UNDERSTAND! NONE OF YOU UNDERSTAND! MY EYES WERE OPENED! THE MULTIVERSE! WORLDS LIVED! WORLDS COLLIDED! I'VE SEEN THE MULTIVERSE! IT'S ONE BIG FRIGGIN' SNOWFLAKE!"

"What is he talking about?"

"Clearly, he's lost his damn mind, Spider-Man. Hey Coulson, make sure Mr. Beck gets the cell of the padded variety."
    "He can have my old cell! Sure, it still has a few mysterious stains on the walls, but I think it adds character. And an equally mysterious stank."