Page 8 of 26 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast
    Spectacular Member

emma's quite the hypocrite about charles/erik, being bribed by mystique and daring to yell when the whole house of cards can tumble down because of her vote

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Celestialbodies View Post
    This has been a symptom of Hickman's entire run, I enjoy his writing but so much of his X-men has felt like forcing characters into roles instead of telling stories which explained sudden shifts or narrative choices.

Which brings me to my next point...

Unpopular opinion but Hickman's use of Emma since HOX/POX has felt forced to me. I know he loves Emma and I know he loves morally gray characters. But I have a hard time believing Charles or Erik would grovel at her feet for her support. Let alone entrust her with secrets in which affects the whole of Krakoa. It doesn't feel organic to me, and I guess it's a recurring issue for me.

I don't think Hickman's interested in telling stories that are X-men proper he's more interested in using morally gray characters of the X-men to tell stories about the X-men. None of the other high profile X-men are as involved, with the machinations of his long term story. Their present but none the wiser to the story occurring right under their noses. Which has felt off to me and does so especially now, that his run is mostly over.
    I agree Emma was ready to barter a council seat for a box of god knows what trinket and now they're telling us she is seeing the bigger picture? It's laughable

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    This is spposed to be Hickman's swan song? The story is too small and not giving me what I need
    🤣 You sound ruthless and I love it. I pictured this -

So happy that Destiny is back for real! What a great character and I love that we get to keep seeing her romance with Raven flourish. She better stick around after this so we can get a reunion with her and Rogue (As I like to think Irene was Rogue’s favorite mother over Raven.)

And Besides Charles and Erik for obvious reasons, why was Kate and Ororo so adamantly against Destiny joining the council? Was it because of her affiliation and lack of trust with Raven? Regardless of the situation and background, having a future teller on the council is extremely convenient.
    Emma Frost, Rogue, Felicia Hardy, Helena Bertinelli, Allison Blaire, Barbara Gordon, Monica Rambeau, Carol Danvers, Illyana Rasputin, Ororo Munroe, Harleen Quinzel, Lorna Dane, Irene Adler, Kate Kane, Rachel Grey Summers, Jean Grey, Diana Prince, Barbara Ann Minerva, Donna Troy, Jennifer Walters, Gwen Stacy, Wanda Maximoff = PERFECTION!

BANNED

The Colossus reveal wasnt much of a shocker. I thought the twist would be that Moira would be elected to the council. Now that would ave been a good one

So is Hope officially a telepath now? How was she fooled by Mystique. You would think with her powers, she wouldnt be fooled by Mystique

Id rather it go out wit a bang than a wimper. With just two issues left, the timing doesnt really leave it to reach great heights and conclude. Its either gonna keep the same low scale slow pace or be rushed. This mini at the end of the day will likely be a disappointment for me
    Yeah lets get another fashion show panorma crossover or sword fight generic event. That would be great.

Astonishing Member Su_Whisterfield's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Celestialbodies View Post
    This has been a symptom of Hickman's entire run, I enjoy his writing but so much of his X-men has felt like forcing characters into roles instead of telling stories which explained sudden shifts or narrative choices.

Which brings me to my next point...

Unpopular opinion but Hickman's use of Emma since HOX/POX has felt forced to me. I know he loves Emma and I know he loves morally gray characters. But I have a hard time believing Charles or Erik would grovel at her feet for her support. Let alone entrust her with secrets in which affects the whole of Krakoa. It doesn't feel organic to me, and I guess it's a recurring issue for me.

I don't think Hickman's interested in telling stories that are X-men proper he's more interested in using morally gray characters of the X-men to tell stories about the X-men. None of the other high profile X-men are as involved, with the machinations of his long term story. Their present but none the wiser to the story occurring right under their noses. Which has felt off to me and does so especially now, that his run is mostly over.
    This! So much this.
    I’m pretty much neutral on Emma, she’s not a favourite of mine but I don’t dislike her and I can see how much fun she is to write (I’ve used her on one of my seventy plus fanfics and yes, she was a hoot) and I think she has a place in the franchise.
    But the X-Men feel like ciphers in their own comics.

I love the idea if Krakoa but for me, it’s execution has meant that too many characters have been out of character or shoehorned into a role, Charles, Eric, Scott, Ororo, Emma being amongst them.

Astonishing Member

I'm actually really surprised at the amount of people who seem to be missing the point of the Emma scene. Yes Emma is a manipulative character and duplicitous at the beat of times but all that pales in comparison to ehat Xavier Erik and especially Moira has gotten up to.

Emma essentially learned (in the matter of a few seconds mind you) that her entire life or at least key parts of it have all been a machination by these 3 mutants.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by loke13 View Post
    I'm actually really surprised at the amount of people who seem to be missing the point of the Emma scene. Yes Emma is a manipulative character and duplicitous at the beat of times but all that pales in comparison to ehat Xavier Erik and especially Moira has gotten up to.

Emma essentially learned (in the matter of a few seconds mind you) that her entire life or at least key parts of it have all been a machination by these 3 mutants.
    but even before then she was joining krakoa "for the children"

which is just a lie she tells herself, she wants nice things and wants to be in control. she sold out a seat for whatever mystique got her, either way it was for HER, her own personal gain. not putting the nation and all of your species ahead of your needs, regardless if xavier/magneto's lies were known yet or not

Since this issue was heavily focused on the Council, I also wonder if the next issue will focus primarily on the Krakoa captains (Bishop and Kwannon) since they were also advertised as untrusted wild cards. Interesting to see how this plays out.
    Emma Frost, Rogue, Felicia Hardy, Helena Bertinelli, Allison Blaire, Barbara Gordon, Monica Rambeau, Carol Danvers, Illyana Rasputin, Ororo Munroe, Harleen Quinzel, Lorna Dane, Irene Adler, Kate Kane, Rachel Grey Summers, Jean Grey, Diana Prince, Barbara Ann Minerva, Donna Troy, Jennifer Walters, Gwen Stacy, Wanda Maximoff = PERFECTION!

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Destiny is young and sexxxy! And I approve.
    Mystique understands what the RPs are really all about.
    My Summer rain. My rooftop in Japan. My quiet in the storm. *cries* Al Ewing is GOD...Praise His name! Uplift Him in song! Glorify His works!

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by loke13 View Post

Yes, that's why telling her was all the more stupid.They made an enemy, not an ally.

Quote Originally Posted by Vishop View Post
    Yeah lets get another fashion show panorma crossover or sword fight generic event. That would be great.
    Sure if you have no imagination bc thats literally all Hickman is capable of.

Quote Originally Posted by Project Initiative Cascada View Post
    So happy that Destiny is back for real! What a great character and I love that we get to keep seeing her romance with Raven flourish. She better stick around after this so we can get a reunion with her and Rogue (As I like to think Irene was Rogue’s favorite mother over Raven.)

And Besides Charles and Erik for obvious reasons, why was Kate and Ororo so adamantly against Destiny joining the council? Was it because of her affiliation and lack of trust with Raven? Regardless of the situation and background, having a future teller on the council is extremely convenient.
    You answered your own question

Incredible Member

So Egg-x and Magneto knew they could not trust Mystique but there were zero precautions against Mystique impersonating them and accessing Need-To-Know information. Also, is Hope's telepathy permanent now or does her copying range cover the entire island? She was copying telepathy and didn't seem to realize it's not from faux Egg-X and neither did she realize faux Egg-X had no telepathy.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vishop View Post

Plssss

BANNED

Sure if you have no imagination bc thats literally all Hickman is capable of.

You answered your own question
    Seeing how XoS and HG turning out to be so substandard under the radar of Head of X as a writer and a collaborator. I would rather want HoX/PoX material than another shitty crossover.