Page 79 of 149 FirstFirst ... 296975767778798081828389129 ... LastLast
Results 1,171 to 1,185 of 2229

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    I doubt they’re going to give the one prominent Superman villain they haven’t used yet to Supergirl right as the show is ending. My money is that her final season will focus on Kara, Lena, and Lex, since Cryer won’t be a part of S&L apparently.
    I still find it almost comically ironic that Cryer can get so much use on Supergirl but hasn't had any real significant interaction with Hoechlin's Superman.

Quote Originally Posted by GSman View Post
    Crisis has given them the best out when it comes to villains, since history has been changed any villain that was on Supergirl can logically come back with a new actor as well if necessary. Though that just sucks about Cryer though without a doubt the best live action Lex since Rosenbaum. It'd be absolutely criminal if we don't see him and Hoechlin bump heads. He's been amazing in Supergirl but if we don't even get to see him fight Superman, what's the point at all of having Lex?
    That's true - both Arrow and Flash have had entire seasons retconned due to Crisis (in Arrow's case, everything involving Black Siren and Black Canary II was wiped out, and in Flash's case, anything involving any Wells other than Nash and Thawne, and anyone else not native to Earth-1 such as Jesse Quick and Breacher, has been retconned). Makes sense that the same goes for Supergirl too.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I still find it almost comically ironic that Cryer can get so much use on Supergirl but hasn't had any real significant interaction with Hoechlin's Superman.
    Especially considering he’s one of my favorite Lex incarnations. But as much as I love Lex, only Joker is more overexposed. I’d be fine with them not using Cryer, expect they’re using an alternate Lex instead which is just stupid. Use one of the multiple other Superman Rogues we’ve never seen like Ultra-Humanite.
    Last edited by Vordan; 09-24-2020 at 06:02 PM.

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

I'm assuming that once Supergirl is off the air, Cryer is free to be used on S&L
    Assassinate Putin!

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Especially considering he’s one of my favorite Lex incarnations. But as much as I love Lex, only Joker is more overexposed. I’d be fine with them not using Cryer, expect they’re using an alternate Lex instead which is just stupid. Use one of the multiple other Superman Rogues we’ve never seen like Ultra-Humanite.
    Stupid and contradictory. Flash says there's no duplicates now and they're not even aware there's still a multiverse. If there's two Lexs, someone should've contacted STAR Labs.
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Stupid and contradictory. Flash says there's no duplicates now and they're not even aware there's still a multiverse. If there's two Lexs, someone should've contacted STAR Labs.
    Or maybe there's something keeping this duplicate intact.

What if alternate Lex is tv's Alexander Luthor jr (so not lex's direct counterpart) and at the end of the season when his plan is foiled, we get that infinite crisis ending where Cryer's Lex catches up to him in a dark alley and guns him down.

Quote Originally Posted by OpaqueGiraffe17 View Post
    What if alternate Lex is tv's Alexander Luthor jr (so not lex's direct counterpart) and at the end of the season when his plan is foiled, we get that infinite crisis ending where Cryer's Lex catches up to him in a dark alley and guns him down.
    I would be so down for that .

Only one Luthor can menace Superman .

I find this article ironic.. I'm sorry for the fans, but after how badly disrespected Superman was in the Supergirl show, I don't care if they erase lots of stuff I didn't like.

"Will ‘Supergirl’ be all but erased as ‘Superman and Lois’ goes on?"

https://www.hypable.com/superman-and...ase-supergirl/

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by stargazer01 View Post
    I find this article ironic.. I'm sorry for the fans, but after how badly disrespected Superman was in the Supergirl show, I don't care if they erase lots of stuff I didn't like.

This article makes me laugh considering the outright disrespect Supergirl show had for Superman.

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

If you think about it, everyone who remembers COIE doesn't actually know their own history. Because they remember the previous one. We already saw this with Flash and the Pied Piper. One of his encounters with the Pied Piper ended differently than he remembers it because he doesn't know his own new history now. Supergirl could have an entirely different history where half her adventures never happened and she'd never know it. Just look at how popular Luthor is.
    Assassinate Putin!

Yeah. Barry Allen will have met Jay Garrick a different way, since most of Flash season 2 couldn't have happened how we saw it (due to lack of access to Earths 2 and 3). Arrow seasons 6 and 7 are drastically affected too because of the Canaries getting retconned by the Crisis. There was almost certainly similar effects for Kara.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by superduperman View Post
    If you think about it, everyone who remembers COIE doesn't actually know their own history.
    I think that's only true of the Paragons. Everyone else who had their memories of the past universe restored seem to have two sets of memories: one of pre-COIE events and one of the new universe.
    Currently Reading:

DC: The Flash, Challenge of the Super Sons, Nightwing

Image: Lazarus: Risen, The Old Guard, Black Magick

Boom: Mighty Morphin', Power Rangers

Quote Originally Posted by stargazer01 View Post

Okay, i may check out the show now. It still has red flags. Two sons. The same people are involved. But taking those things out will do a lot.

Extraordinary Member

IMO the basic problem Supergirl the show had the Superman the character was that annoying thing the borrowed from the SG reboot comics; the notion that for Supergirl to be worth anything, she had to be more powerful, better...whatever than Superman, rather than simply showing her own struggles and her own heroism. And of course stealing Superman's rogues gallery for her.

All that stuff was going to make Superman appear worse in comparison; indeed, that's what it was designed to do. Well, not front and center, but implicit in making SG the best Super on her world was that he wasn't. It was shortsighted; CW should well have known that a Superman centered show was bound to be up and coming. SG would have been better served IMO by developing SG in isolation, taking nothing from Superman, apart from his distant presence.