Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Somecrazyaussie View Post
    The guy had some leeway with me years ago but Star Trek Into Darkness, Star Wars and Spider-man work have soured me on him big time. He does well with original properties, but seems to fumble the ball with pre-existing stuff.
    What did JJ do with spiderman?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by choptop View Post
    What did JJ do with spiderman?
    That crap comic book he co-wrote with his son. images.jpeg.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    The fact he got involved with the Legends antics and slowly become as goofy as they are. It wasn't terrible when he got there but once he became a regular he got ruined.
    I personally loved it. It's different from his own show, but that's what felt like comics, the same character can appear in 2 different things and still feel like the same character. Like John having his own grim comic while appearing in more light DC stuff.
    Slava Ukraini!
    Truth and love must prevail over lies and hatred

That crap comic book he co-wrote with his son. images.jpeg.jpg
    What's so bad about it I never read it.

Quote Originally Posted by Catlady in training View Post
    I personally loved it. It's different from his own show, but that's what felt like comics, the same character can appear in 2 different things and still feel like the same character. Like John having his own grim comic while appearing in more light DC stuff.
    I feel like I'm fine with that in theory but it felt like they were toning him down and glossing over his skillset/experience/personality for the sake of the show that I welcomed when he basically betrayed them all and went full Hellblazer .
    What's so bad about it I never read it.
    Fridging, focusing on an unlikeable protagonist, making Peter come off bad, kind of generic, etc.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Catlady in training View Post
    I don't want light when it comes to Constantine. I want
    dark unapologetic asshole. The guy who will betray a friend if he believed that was the greater good. Legends dumbed him down way too much.

https://www.cbr.com/john-constantine...ampaign=CBR-TW

This actually pans out?

There's no telling how good this show could actually wind up being.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    https://www.cbr.com/john-constantine...ampaign=CBR-TW

This actually pans out?

There's no telling how good this show could actually wind up being.
    I don't see it doing well to be honest. The actor looks nothing like Constantine. Did they not learn from the 05 movie?

Just call it Chimney and drop the connections to John Constantine altogether and it will have a chance.
    Last edited by Somecrazyaussie; 04-20-2022 at 10:04 PM.

I don't see it doing well to be honest. The actor looks nothing like Constantine. Did they not learn from the 05 movie?

Just call it Chimney and drop the connections to John Constantine altogether and it will have a chance.
    I guess you haven't been updated the 05 movie is well liked now and has meny fans so much so that he made a cameo in in a hellblazer comics and talk of a sequel was going on as soon as 2021 also the movie did 230 million.

DC has a multiverse.

Don't see the issue.

A version of John that stands up is a version of John that stands up.

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

I've never understood this kind of complaint, especially in regards to Hellblazer, as unlike Batman where the suit, car and gadgets are so important to the character Hellblazer works because of the weathered, seen it all mentality of John and not that he's a blonde white guy. Ṣọpẹ Dìrísù is a fantastic actor and I think he can pull off the dark, sarcasm of Constantine just fine.
    Looking for a friendly place to discuss comic books? Try The Classic Comics Forum!

Astonishing Member

I guess you haven't been updated the 05 movie is well liked now and has meny fans so much so that he made a cameo in in a hellblazer comics and talk of a sequel was going on as soon as 2021 also the movie did 230 million.
    Well aware of that. The 05 movie is a good film. Just not a great Constantine film.
    Last edited by Somecrazyaussie; 04-21-2022 at 06:17 AM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by thwhtGuardian View Post
    I've never understood this kind of complaint, especially in regards to Hellblazer, as unlike Batman where the suit, car and gadgets are so important to the character Hellblazer works because of the weathered, seen it all mentality of John and not that he's a blonde white guy. Ṣọpẹ Dìrísù is a fantastic actor and I think he can pull off the dark, sarcasm of Constantine just fine.
    Then why did they specifically pattern him after Sting? Because that was the look and feel they were going for.

Also, "eccentric warlock"? Nothing eccentric about John. The scouser git is a straight up arsehole. A lovable arsehole who means well, but is an arsehole nonetheless.
    Last edited by Somecrazyaussie; 04-21-2022 at 06:28 AM.