Page 62 of 231 FirstFirst ... 125258596061626364656672112162 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by akiresu_ View Post
    feels like i'm slowly but surely sending the entire run of New X-Men to Mark Paniccia over twitter each week

like at this point i might as well just start mailing physical copies of the issues to their office
    I've kinda been doing the same thing. He's probably sick of my questions to be honest. I'll be satisfied once we get some more New X-Men prominent appearances.

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    At the very least I want Julian, Dust, and Mercury to guest in ANW.
    All three of them could definitely work, provided there's a legitimate reason for them to team-up and/or meet up. It'd be nice to see Julian, Sooraya and/or Cessily with Laura and seeing just how far they've come. Not to mention they've all got badass powers and it'd be damn cool to see them take on a formiddable villain.

Quote Originally Posted by ţh€ €жţяą-๏яďɨɲąя¥ Tycon View Post
    Oh, we can add Velocidad and Transonic to the students at Xavier's Outreach school. Isn't he supposed to be close to death?
    Very glad to see them, even if it is only one panel. I imagine Velocidad must be quite a bit older now, assuming he has continued to use his powers. Him and Nehnzo/Gentle have always interested me given that their powers have a negative impact on their bodies.

Are Rahne, Angelica, and Toad being mind controlled? They seem to be pretty lucid in though and aware of what they're doing.
    Perhaps not. Though it's even stranger for Wolfsbane and Firestar to work with a villainous Emma Frost. I had hoped it was mind control, and now I'm kinda annoyed Rahne and Angelica were acting so out of character.

And Bunn can start setting up hints of Cipher following them. It could entail a door unlocking itself, freeing Bobby, Hank, and Warren from New Tian or following the Blackbird (or Danger) to Magneto.
    Well the latest issue of X-Men Blue just addressed their escape, though I guess there's still room for Cipher as a spy somewhere.

My list of demands:
    1. Surge, Hellion, and Prodigy in Astonishing instead of Logan, Mystique and Fantomex
    2. Anole and Rockslide miniseries
    3. Armor, Rockslide, and Dust becoming official X-Men
    4. Anole becoming head of Worthington Industries
    5. Elixir leading the Acolytes with Loa
    6. Hellion, Mercury, and Dust becoming major supporting characters (they might as well just move in Laura's apartment)
    7. Sofia gets her wind powers back
    8. Blindfold plays a major part in Astonishing since she has Legion in her head
    9. New X-Men reunion series
    1. I think Astonishing will evolve into Uncanny, probably dropping Mystique and Fantomex and gaining Iceman or Banshee perhaps. I don't think its the right place for the X-kids in my opinion
    2. Instead of an Anole/Rockslide mini-series, why not an ongoing that features short stories about various young mutants? Rotate artists and writers with each issue, and just produce independant fun mini-tales.
    3. Armor, Rockslide, Dust, Pixie, Hellion and a handful of others should have become official X-Men a long time ago. Sending them back to school and undoing character development by reducing them to wallpaper characters is really disheartening
    4. I think Anole still is right? From Wolverine & the X-Men onwards, Anole and a group of other students were running the company. Though given there are two Warren Worthingtons around, it's possible its been taken back.
    5. I really love the idea of Elixir being an Acolyte, but I don't think he should lead them. I love Exodus, so I'd much rather he became his protege. It'd be nice to see Loa with him too, but she'd need sufficient motivation to join an extremist group
    6. Yes!!! The best team-up ever. Let's see them take down the Reavers
    7. For sure. Repower Dani Moonstar and Jubilee too please.
    8. It could work, but I'm not so sure they'll go that route. Legion is an enigma, and Blindfold is a curious character. Bringing them in would be difficult I imagine.
    9. Yes yes yes yes yes yes yes

Quote Originally Posted by PSJ View Post
    well Rockslide was in Gen X today
    So was Pixie and Sprite and a couple others. Nice to see them, even if their appearnces are miniscule.

I saw some scans but I'll be picking up the book later this week. Though,.a spoiler review would still be cool! Heard there were a lot of Nature Girl/Eyeboy feels.
    The entire issue is focused on Nature Girl and Eye-Boy (who I think should be renamed Argus). It was decent, but probably one of the weaker issues so far. That said, I don't really care for either of the characters.
    Last edited by King_Thor13; 08-16-2017 at 04:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by King_Thor13 View Post
    I've kinda been doing the same thing. He's probably sick of my questions to be honest. I'll be satisfied once we get some more New X-Men prominent appearances.
    Same. Every X-Men Monday. And we shouldn't stop. He sure does love acknowledging other posts that only praise the current X-line. He has to give in eventually, kind of like how Richard Rider fans "kind of" got what they wanted.

Very glad to see them, even if it is only one panel. I imagine Velocidad must be quite a bit older now, assuming he has continued to use his powers. Him and Nehnzo/Gentle have always interested me given that their powers have a negative impact on their bodies.
    I've always been interested in mutations that not only change physical appearance but actually work against your biology. Like how Face and Firestar ended up not being immune to their own powers.

Perhaps not. Though it's even stranger for Wolfsbane and Firestar to work with a villainous Emma Frost. I had hoped it was mind control, and now I'm kinda annoyed Rahne and Angelica were acting so out of character.
    IDK. It may be too early to judge. It looks like Bunn is setting seeds in the future with this secondary mutation subplot. And they looked regretful so maybe they knew they may have been in the wrong but felt New Tian was best for mutantkind. That's probably the same case for heroes like Rictor, Shatterstar, Boom-Boom, Magik (even tho she probably couldn't care less), Blink, Forge, Gambit and the others that resided there.

Well the latest issue of X-Men Blue just addressed their escape, though I guess there's still room for Cipher as a spy somewhere.
    Interestingly enough, when I checked Generation X #5 on the Marvel wikia, it had Cipher listed as a cameo. Weird since I couldn't find her in the issue.

1. I think Astonishing will evolve into Uncanny, probably dropping Mystique and Fantomex and gaining Iceman or Banshee perhaps. I don't think its the right place for the X-kids in my opinion
    2. Instead of an Anole/Rockslide mini-series, why not an ongoing that features short stories about various young mutants? Rotate artists and writers with each issue, and just produce independant fun mini-tales.
    3. Armor, Rockslide, Dust, Pixie, Hellion and a handful of others should have become official X-Men a long time ago. Sending them back to school and undoing character development by reducing them to wallpaper characters is really disheartening
    4. I think Anole still is right? From Wolverine & the X-Men onwards, Anole and a group of other students were running the company. Though given there are two Warren Worthingtons around, it's possible its been taken back.
    5. I really love the idea of Elixir being an Acolyte, but I don't think he should lead them. I love Exodus, so I'd much rather he became his protege. It'd be nice to see Loa with him too, but she'd need sufficient motivation to join an extremist group
    6. Yes!!! The best team-up ever. Let's see them take down the Reavers
    7. For sure. Repower Dani Moonstar and Jubilee too please.
    8. It could work, but I'm not so sure they'll go that route. Legion is an enigma, and Blindfold is a curious character. Bringing them in would be difficult I imagine.
    9. Yes yes yes yes yes yes yes
    1. Probably so. But the "new" comment that Paniccia hinted at makes me think it may be a New X-Men relaunch.
    2. Maybe so. Why not both? Plus, I like the dynamic they have together.
    3. Oh, by "official X-Men" I meant join the cast of Gold as official members. And Surge, Pixie, Anole, Dust and the rest of the 'KYost New X-Men' crowd have already graduated in my mind. Nothing written will change that, like how I still see Pietro and Wanda as mutants.
    4. Anole, Bling!, Armor, and Blindfold were only on the Board of Directors. But Anole being on the face of the company would also coincide with "Anole Industries" that was referenced in the future WatXM issues.
    5. Yeah, an Exodus/Elixir protege & student dynamic would be cool. And, not gonna lie, I just want Loa there so she can hang out with Elixir.
    6. If Daken does leave at the end of the Wolverine "Legacy" arc, it'd be interesting to see how Gabby might interact and bond with the three.
    7. Hell yeah.
    8. Maybe. But if they are going for the whole Xavier ressurXion/"Legion" synergy, it would be the perfect way to go.

So was Pixie and Sprite and a couple others. Nice to see them, even if their appearnces are miniscule.
    Anole and Dust also showed up. Woop woop.

The Morrison kids also showed up (Ernst, No-Girl, Glob) but they got an "eh" out of me.

The entire issue is focused on Nature Girl and Eye-Boy (who I think should be renamed Argus). It was decent, but probably one of the weaker issues so far. That said, I don't really care for either of the characters.
    Argus is the perfect name. Describes his power without being too on-the-nose (Shark-Girl, Nature Girl, Eyeboy). Even Bendis got better names for his students: Tempus, Triage, Morph (he stole that one but whatev), Hijack, and um Goldballs.

BANNED

Same. Every X-Men Monday. And we shouldn't stop. He sure does love acknowledging other posts that only praise the current X-line. He has to give in eventually, kind of like how Richard Rider fans "kind of" got what they wanted.
    Given he works for Marvel and his job is to promote and support their work, it makes sense for him to acknowledge and support the current X-line. Though he has shown support for other concepts like Uncanny X-Men and Excalibur, though it's not his decision to make. Though hopefully enough support for the All-New X-Men will result in their resurgence

I've always been interested in mutations that not only change physical appearance but actually work against your biology. Like how Face and Firestar ended up not being immune to their own powers.
    I forgot about Face. Poor guy. And the radiation from Firestar's powers giving her cancer, which I guess could still come back at some point.

IDK. It may be too early to judge. It looks like Bunn is setting seeds in the future with this secondary mutation subplot. And they looked regretful so maybe they knew they may have been in the wrong but felt New Tian was best for mutantkind. That's probably the same case for heroes like Rictor, Shatterstar, Boom-Boom, Magik (even tho she probably couldn't care less), Blink, Forge, Gambit and the others that resided there.
    I guess. Something just felt off to me. I get that Secret Empire shook the MU, and some mutants probably felt that New Tian was the safest place to be, it did seem odd for religious Rahne and classic hero Angelica to be fighting against other heroes. Though I guess they didn't do all that much damage. I do wonder if this group will resurface or separate once New Tian crumbles and Secret Empire wraps up.

3. Oh, by "official X-Men" I meant to join the cast of Gold as official members. And Surge, Pixie, Anole, Dust and the rest of the 'KYost New X-Men' crowd have already graduated in my mind. Nothing written will change that, like how I still see Pietro and Wanda as mutants.
    4. Anole, Bling!, Armor, and Blindfold were only on the Board of Directors. But Anole being on the face of the company would also coincide with "Anole Industries" that was referenced in the future WatXM issues.
    8. Maybe. But if they are going for the whole Xavier ressurXion/"Legion" synergy, it would be the perfect way to go.
    3. Oh right. I'm not so sure I want Guggenheim writing them on a permanent basis. I don't think his understandings of his current roster are sound, so I don't really want him writing Surge or Rockslide. You're right about the All-New X-Men crowd being understood as graduates. I imagine the institute may also double as a university and offer training programs and such. I'm surprised there aren't any X-Men apprenticeships, as in some of these younger mutants going on missions with the older X-Men and being initiated into the full regime. As for Pietro and Wanda being mutants, I really wish they still were. I hate that they changed that, partially because it undoes the relationships between them and Magneto, which also effectively means Magneto is no longer Wiccan and Speeds grandfather, making several stories redundant.
    4. Huh. Well, maybe Anole can take over if Warren doesn't take it back. I suppose Warren could always be a shareholder or something though.
    8. You're right, but tying it in may prove difficult. And from the cast, none of them really have ties to Legion or Blindfold other than Rogue.

Anole and Dust also showed up. Woop woop.

The Morrison kids also showed up (Ernst, No-Girl, Glob) but they got an "eh" out of me.
    Nice to see them around. An acknowledgment of their existence is better than nothing. And Ernst, Glob and No-Girl never really appealed to me either.

Argus is the perfect name. Describes his power without being too on-the-nose (Shark-Girl, Nature Girl, Eyeboy). Even Bendis got better names for his students: Tempus, Triage, Morph (he stole that one but whatever), Hijack, and um Goldballs.
    It is a lot better, right? I might just suggest this to Christina Strain. Still waiting for the next wave of new mutants with new powers, backgrounds and codenames. Give it time and I'm sure we'll have some more. Hoping to have some more representation internationally, and with some creative new powers.
    Last edited by King_Thor13; 08-16-2017 at 08:30 PM.

1. Probably so. But the "new" comment that Paniccia hinted at makes me think it may be a New X-Men relaunch.
    What has Paniccia hinted at? can you show links from his twitter if its from there?

Ultimate Member

I love that idea that X-schools idea of a business internship project is 'uh, run Angel's billion-dollar company for him.'

"And today, in Meteorology 101, we are going to help Storm defuse a hurricane! Afterwards, in Anatomy, we're going to help Elixir regrow Julian's hands."

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    Afterwards, in Anatomy, we're going to help Elixir regrow Julian's hands."
    Though I like what it did for the characters, I'm surprised Hellion & Karma weren't healed by Triage or Elixir, who I'm sure would be more than capable of regrowing limbs, given they've been shown as bringing back the dead and such.

Given he works for Marvel and his job is to promote and support their work, it makes sense for him to acknowledge and support the current X-line. Though he has shown support for other concepts like Uncanny X-Men and Excalibur, though it's not his decision to make. Though hopefully enough support for the All-New X-Men will result in their resurgence
    I don't blame him for acknowledging those posts. I blame him because that's the ONLY thing he acknowledges. He tends to just write them off as "they're in the school" or "we need wallpaper" even though WatXM proved you can just put in new, random mutants that no one will give a damn about.

I forgot about Face. Poor guy. And the radiation from Firestar's powers giving her cancer, which I guess could still come back at some point
    And poor Wither. I still get emotional seeing him fight Elixir during Necrosha.

I guess. Something just felt off to me. I get that Secret Empire shook the MU, and some mutants probably felt that New Tian was the safest place to be, it did seem odd for religious Rahne and classic hero Angelica to be fighting against other heroes. Though I guess they didn't do all that much damage. I do wonder if this group will resurface or separate once New Tian crumbles and Secret Empire wraps up.
    Totally understandable. I'm really just interested in how Emma got Mondo on her side unless it was mind control considering the last time they met, Mondo talked about how Emma's sister basically treated him like a slave. Then proceeded to beat the crap out of her students.

3. Oh right. I'm not so sure I want Guggenheim writing them on a permanent basis. I don't think his understandings of his current roster are sound, so I don't really want him writing Surge or Rockslide. You're right about the All-New X-Men crowd being understood as graduates. I imagine the institute may also double as a university and offer training programs and such. I'm surprised there aren't any X-Men apprenticeships, as in some of these younger mutants going on missions with the older X-Men and being initiated into the full regime. As for Pietro and Wanda being mutants, I really wish they still were. I hate that they changed that, partially because it undoes the relationships between them and Magneto, which also effectively means Magneto is no longer Wiccan and Speeds grandfather, making several stories redundant.
    4. Huh. Well, maybe Anole can take over if Warren doesn't take it back. I suppose Warren could always be a shareholder or something though.
    8. You're right, but tying it in may prove difficult. And from the cast, none of them really have ties to Legion or Blindfold other than Rogue
    I've got a panel that actually addresses both 3. and 4.

So there actually must be a Masters, Graduates-style course system in the Xavier school. Maybe that's what the blue & yellow costumes signify in Generation X:

Might not work since Evan and Ernst should have graduated by now. IDK it's just a neat little theory.

5. Blindfold's been hinted at to be related to Destiny. She could get some interesting chemistry out of Mystique, essentially adopting her as her own.

Nice to see them around. An acknowledgment of their existence is better than nothing. And Ernst, Glob and No-Girl never really appealed to me either.
    My interest with them peaked in Apocalypse Wars. And I think that was mostly because of Anole.

It is a lot better, right? I might just suggest this to Christina Strain. Still waiting for the next wave of new mutants with new powers, backgrounds and codenames. Give it time and I'm sure we'll have some more. Hoping to have some more representation internationally, and with some creative new powers.
    I say go for it! That's a solid name and could show Trev's evolution as a character.

Though I like what it did for the characters, I'm surprised Hellion & Karma weren't healed by Triage or Elixir, who I'm sure would be more than capable of regrowing limbs, given they've been shown as bringing back the dead and such.
    Hellion does "Kitty pose" and exclaims: "Triage is a JERK!"

Quote Originally Posted by PSJ View Post
    What has Paniccia hinted at? can you show links from his twitter if its from there?
    https://twitter.com/MarkPaniccia/sta...97367819919362

Paniccia says that the end of Astonishing will bring "something significant and 'new' to the landscape of X"

It was just interesting that he had new in quotations.

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    I love that idea that X-schools idea of a business internship project is 'uh, run Angel's billion-dollar company for him.'

"And today, in Meteorology 101, we are going to help Storm defuse a hurricane! Afterwards, in Anatomy, we're going to help Elixir regrow Julian's hands."
    And even crazier, apparently Anole's graduation upped him to Chairman of the company. And since the chairman has the power to fire and hire new CEOs, Anole basically runs the company. Jesus Christ.

BANNED

I don't blame him for acknowledging those posts. I blame him because that's the ONLY thing he acknowledges. He tends to just write them off as "they're in the school" or "we need wallpaper" even though WatXM proved you can just put in new, random mutants that no one will give a damn about.
    This is true. The few responses we've had don't indicate anything changing. The current X-Men writers seem set on having all the X-kids forever students and without prominent roles. And it's a damn shame. There's still time for something to change, but I'm losing hope (not Hope Summers, but I'd be fine with her losing her)

And poor Wither. I still get emotional seeing him fight Elixir during Necrosha.
    There are a number of mutants with unfortunate powers. I'd add Melter and Snot to this list. Both are tragic in their own way. And Necrosha was underrated; while flawed, the bones of the story were good, and it featured a great number of X-characters.

I'm really just interested in how Emma got Mondo on her side unless it was mind control considering the last time they met, Mondo talked about how Emma's sister basically treated him like a slave. Then proceeded to beat the crap out of her students.
    Huh. I guess the whole group, and a number of the residents of New Tian, could do with some explanation for their presence. Unfortunately, the story will be over before we get any explanations. Utopia at least had a number of mini stories and such that explained why characters were there. I hope Mondo sticks around actually, he's pretty cool. I especially liked when young Iceman called him Treebeard.

I've got a panel that actually addresses both 3. and 4.So there actually must be a Masters, Graduates-style course system in the Xavier school. Maybe that's what the blue & yellow costumes signify in Generation X. Might not work since Evan and Ernst should have graduated by now. IDK it's just a neat little theory.
    The graduate's program would work if it had been executed. And it still wouldn't really apply because it mentions Pixie as an active X-Man, which she isn't, and doesn't mention her or Anole in a graduates program. That costume theory works, but then you'd hope that these characters would actually have a role in the affairs of the X-Men, which they don't currently have. I don't see why the most popular of them can just graduate already and be scattered across the X-books and the MU. I was initially hoping to see Surge or Pixie in X-Men Blue, but I'm pretty sure the teased female member they're adding to the team will instead be a character from an alternate timeline or reality, possibly Kymera. Hellion and Mercury should be in All-New Wolverine for sure, at least for an arc. The list goes on, but it's unnecessary to keep them contained with the Xavier Institute they should have outgrown by now.

5. Blindfold's been hinted at to be related to Destiny. She could get some interesting chemistry out of Mystique, essentially adopting her as her own.
    This is true. So I suppose Raven being in Astonishing could somehow link Blindfold, and thus Legion, but its a stretch given the story takes place in the Astral Plane.

Paniccia says that the end of Astonishing will bring "something significant and 'new' to the landscape of X"
    I'm of the belief that it will launch a new Uncanny X-Men title in some form. And it's reasonable to assume that characters as big as Psylocke, Gambit and Archangel will have a place in the world of the X-Men going forward. I do wonder what can be done that hasn't been done before. Bringing back Charles is hardly an original idea if that's the outcome of Astonishing.

And even crazier, apparently Anole's graduation upped him to Chairman of the company. And since the chairman has the power to fire and hire new CEOs, Anole basically runs the company. Jesus Christ.
    It was an odd concept to begin with. Only problem I have with it is now we have a normal Warren back again, I assume he'd take it back. And it's hard to imagine him without his rich pretty boy trope to fall back on. I don't see why Anole can't just launch his own company, perhaps funded by, or in partnership with Worthington Industries.

Uhh, what did Anole do to Santo???

This is true. The few responses we've had don't indicate anything changing. The current X-Men writers seem set on having all the X-kids forever students and without prominent roles. And it's a damn shame. There's still time for something to change, but I'm losing hope (not Hope Summers, but I'd be fine with her losing her)
    What've you got against the Mutant Messiah?

Huh. I guess the whole group, and a number of the residents of New Tian, could do with some explanation for their presence. Unfortunately, the story will be over before we get any explanations. Utopia at least had a number of mini stories and such that explained why characters were there. I hope Mondo sticks around actually, he's pretty cool. I especially liked when young Iceman called him Treebeard.
    Cullen Bunn said there would be more follow up on the "Secondary Mutations", which will most likely mean more spotlights on Rahne, Toad and the others. I hope Mondo sticks as well and I don't know how I felt about Iceman taking him out in one blow.

I'm of the belief that it will launch a new Uncanny X-Men title in some form. And it's reasonable to assume that characters as big as Psylocke, Gambit and Archangel will have a place in the world of the X-Men going forward. I do wonder what can be done that hasn't been done before. Bringing back Charles is hardly an original idea if that's the outcome of Astonishing.
    Ugh, can Prof X just stay dead?

It was an odd concept to begin with. Only problem I have with it is now we have a normal Warren back again, I assume he'd take it back. And it's hard to imagine him without his rich pretty boy trope to fall back on. I don't see why Anole can't just launch his own company, perhaps funded by, or in partnership with Worthington Industries.
    Theoretically, Warren would still be CEO since it technically isn't intruding on Anole's role as Chairman.

Uhh, what did Anole do to Santo???.
    Probably reduced him to gravel fill again when he opened his yap.

And man, this story probably remains one of my biggest disappointments out of a couple of decades of reading comics. There's a good, logical seed at the core of it, but the execution was awful. A grand example of shoehorning in a character instead of picking one that works for the plot.

BANNED

What've you got against the Mutant Messiah?
    She was obviously intended to be the next Jean Grey and be the next host of the Phoenix, which didn't sit well with me. She was also brash and a little arrogant.

Cullen Bunn said there would be more follow-up on the "Secondary Mutations", which will most likely mean more spotlights on Rahne, Toad and the others. I hope Mondo sticks as well and I don't know how I felt about Iceman taking him out in one blow.
    Here's hoping. It's a pretty random group, but each of them are cool characters. And yeah but I guess the intent was to show a heroic escape, but it was a little odd.

Ugh, can Prof X just stay dead?
    I hope so. I like that Astonishing has brought in Xavier, but I really don't want him back. He'd be redundant in the MU right now. He's not needed anymore.

Mark Paniccia liked my tweet this week!! I know it's probably meaningless and is probably a"shut up already" like, but I'd be lying if i said my heart didn't stop when that notification popped.

BANNED

Sounds encouraging, but I'd hate to get my hopes up only for it to turn into yet another wallpaper moment. Or that the NXM kids get in over their heads in Gold so Kitty Pryde can Mary Sue her way to the rescue again.

BANNED

I've been giving X-Factor Investigations a lot of thought and I'm trying to imagine what it'd look like if some of the younger mutants were to take on this role. I like the idea of Bishop or somebody training them to become a CSI oriented mutant team. It's intriguing to me. They could do PI work too. Just the whole concept and their unique powers seem really cool. I can't imagine any case this group woouldn't be able to solve. Maybe this could be set up as extracurricular for the JGS students, spending time training with Morrigan/Siryn, Strong Guy, Rictor etc.

Prodigy: genius level intellect
    Hindsight: his abilities allow him to pick up on memories and such
    Eye-Boy: able to see perceive energies, auras, behaviors and has psychological intuition
    Shark Girl: I imagine her as the substitute for Wolfsbane. The brawler of the team.
    Cipher: able to become completely invisible, inaudible to any powerset or technologies, invaluable in stealth missions.
    Primal: all of his enhanced senses would be invaluable in tracking and such. and his hyper-instincts that allow him to learn skills easily would be really interesting