Page 8 of 20 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

Reynolds was involved in picking the new Deadpool 3 writers so it doesn't sound like that'll be a reboot or anything. They might conveniently never mention that they're X-Men now put I'd but solid bets on them staying around

Quote Originally Posted by gonnagiveittoya View Post
    Idk why you want Shuri and Storm so bad when Ayo and Aneka, and actual black lesbian couple, makes way more sense. Ayo is even already cast!
    Wonderful, so let's have both couples! I think it is time to queer-up the MCU A LOT! Storm could be Ayo's exgirlfriend.

Pretty easy, I have a big problem with queer characters being not THE CENTER of the story. So let's make the protagonist gay and NOT the best friend or cousin or neighbor. And introduce more than one.
    Last edited by Exodus; 11-23-2020 at 08:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Exodus View Post
    Wonderful, so let's have both couples! I think it is time to queer-up the MCU A LOT! Storm could be Ayo's exgirlfriend.

Pretty easy, I have a big problem with queer characters being not THE CENTER of the story. So let's make the protagonist gay and NOT the best friend or cousin or neighbor. And introduce more than one.
    If you want Shuri to have a girlfriend, there is no reason she can't be paired with one that is closer to her age. Storm isn't a Black Panther character anyway.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by sensormellow View Post
    1. Agreed. I think this thread put out amazing suggestions (Rogue in Captain Marvel, Corsair in Guardians of the Galaxy, Storm in Black Panther, Psylocke in Shang Chi). I'd like to add Magik in Dr. Strange.
    It's largely going to depend on who the cast is for the MCU X-Men. Just picking whichever characters seem like they would fit the upcoming movies might result in a janky cast. Some characters could be something more along the lines of a cameo plus a post-credits scene to show who they really were. Mind you, I'm working from the assumption that the X-Men aren't heroes yet and that many of them would be rather young. For example, for Corsair appearing in Guardians of the Galaxy, my guess would be that we would see a picture of his family and then we'd see the same picture in a post-credits scene in the possession of a young Scott Summers. One I would like to suggest is Xavier appearing in Doctor Strange as someone who knows some stuff about the demon Cyttorak and his avatar:

Strange: "I'm afraid your step-brother won't be up for family gatherings for a while Mr. Xavier."
    Xavier: "He never really was."
    Strange: "But tell me, how did you know about the helmet and to attack his mind?"
    Xavier: "Let's say I have my own ways of gathering information and leave it at that."

2. Oooh they could do X's message to mutants in HOXPOX. That explains why mutants were "absent" in the MCU: they're in their own island, making more mutants and whathaveyou.
    They could . . . Okay, I'm going to level with you guys. I know I'm opening myself up for some friction because some of you folks are REALLY into this Krakoa thing. But I am not crazy about the Mutant Nation of Krakoa as a cinematic status quo for the X-Men. It's interesting as a momentary story in the X-Men comics, but not as something that will leave a longer impact on the public's perception of the X-Men. Largely because the "isolated city/country of fantastical people" thing is a fairly well-worn trope in the Marvel Universe whether it's the Inhumans, the Atlanteans, KunLun, New Salem, Wundagore, etc. And knowing the MCU, they'll get around to using a lot of those. So, the idea of a superpowered race that has to live among humanity seems more unique in that wider scheme than something that basically feels like "Mutant Attilan". I'm half convinced that the whole Hickman run will ultimately be a parable about what happens when mutantkind distances itself too much from the rest of humanity, anyway.

3. I'd put it on garden-variety sexism
    I googled it and that seems to be part of it. Some of it is also seems to be some bad calls Carol made in the comics. Some of it is also this board's anti-Avengers streak (which I never understood). Some also seem to dislike that she didn't really have a character arc in her movie. For that last one, I'd argue that she had a more physical "wants something--->Goes after thing--->gets thing" kind of journey (kind of like a Disney princess actually).

BANNED

The physical "wants something--->Goes after thing--->gets thing" kind of journey...

is to continue with the debut of the mcu Rogue!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by 616MarvelYear is LeapYear View Post
    I wouldn't mind the actress Jennifer Lawrence to be cast as the MCU Rogue or the actor Nicolas Hoult as the MCU Remy for that matter.
    Quote Originally Posted by Purplevit View Post
    Lawrence shouldn`t be anywhere near X-Men.
    Lawrence near Fantastic Four instead, is intriguing to me...

I like Hoult as actor but not as Gambit.
    Hoult as Mr. Fantastic is also intriguing to me alongside Lawrence as Invisible Girl/Woman of course.

I rewatched Avengers: Endgame for the first time yesterday and it honestly got me thinking that Rogue showing up in Captain Marvel 2 would not only be great for us but also great for Carol as a character. She’s currently so powerful that I don’t feel any stakes when she’s around, but losing at least some of her powers to Rogue would not only balance the character but also give her a very interesting character arc.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    I rewatched Avengers: Endgame for the first time yesterday and it honestly got me thinking that Rogue showing up in Captain Marvel 2 would not only be great for us but also great for Carol as a character. She’s currently so powerful that I don’t feel any stakes when she’s around, but losing at least some of her powers to Rogue would not only balance the character but also give her a very interesting character arc.
    I agree. I really like the idea to introduce all X-Men in several Marvel movies as antagonists.

As a character Captain Marvel is so bland and ridiculously overpowered. She barely has any personality. Stealing some part of her powers would make the character so much more interesting if they also start to give her personality as well.

Endgame really mistreated all female characters. Danvers in particular was just there to fly Iron Man through the entire galaxy. lol

I adore Infinity War and really dislike Endgame. Such a bad movie.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    Can’t disagree with any of this. Makes perfect sense to me.

With the rumor that a villainous ROGUE would be introduced via the Captain Marvel franchise
    Quote Originally Posted by 616MarvelYear is LeapYear View Post
    Rogue Will Be The Villain in Captain Marvel 2
    and then the announcement of the castsing of Zawe Ashton as "the villain in Captain Marvel 2", there has been speculation about which villain she could be playing. Rogue came up as a suggestion in passing - I think circumstantial evidence of the subsequent castings points more towards Ashton playing Karla Sofen. And Ashton being less age-appropriate for role of Rogue (unless they make her Carol's peer instead of a young upstart).
    https://screenrant.com/captain-marve...iction-theory/
    https://screenrant.com/zawe-ashton-c...n-speculation/
    I wondered if existing fans would accept a colorblind/non-White casting for Rogue...

Quote Originally Posted by psylurker View Post
    I'm gonna lose my mind if it happens. The Rogue vs Carol Danvers tragedy is such a perfect, poignant story for both characters to be adapted to the big screen.
    It would also allow them to do a story transforming Carol into Binary for a while until her memories are fully restored.
    We are MUTANT..Krakoa, FOREVER!!! “Liberté, Égalité, Fraternité”

Quote Originally Posted by Thirteen View Post
    With the rumor that a villainous ROGUE would be introduced via the Captain Marvel franchise

and then the announcement of the castsing of Zawe Ashton as "the villain in Captain Marvel 2", there has been speculation about which villain she could be playing. Rogue came up as a suggestion in passing - I think circumstantial evidence of the subsequent castings points more towards Ashton playing Karla Sofen. And Ashton being less age-appropriate for role of Rogue (unless they make her Carol's peer instead of a young upstart).
    https://screenrant.com/captain-marve...iction-theory/
    https://screenrant.com/zawe-ashton-c...n-speculation/
    I wondered if existing fans would accept a colorblind/non-White casting for Rogue...
    I’m pretty adamantly against the MCU racebending the X-Men BECAUSE this franchise already has so many underutilized minority characters. It would be very easy to come up with a diverse roster (in terms of identity and powerset) without racebending.

I don't see the Rogue/Captain Marvel storyline ever occurring in the MCU especially considering how rapey it is in the comics. The backlash that would come from Marvel's premiere heroine losing all her powers, memories, and identity (even to another woman) would be huge.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Exodus View Post
    I agree. I really like the idea to introduce all X-Men in several Marvel movies as antagonists.

As a character Captain Marvel is so bland and ridiculously overpowered. She barely has any personality. Stealing some part of her powers would make the character so much more interesting if they also start to give her personality as well.

Endgame really mistreated all female characters. Danvers in particular was just there to fly Iron Man through the entire galaxy. lol

I adore Infinity War and really dislike Endgame. Such a bad movie.
    It's amazing home every part of this is incorrect

Yea no way this story happens. Captain Marvel is clearly being set up as Marvels Wonder Woman, their premier female heroine so they aren't going to depower her or anything of the sort. She might lose a fight with her like Tony did with Cap but that's it