Page 83 of 113 FirstFirst ... 337379808182838485868793 ... LastLast
Results 1,231 to 1,245 of 1694

Quote Originally Posted by Donald View Post
    Was that Vision's real body Hayward showed Wanda? They were taking it apart with regular saws and there shouldn't have been enough time to staple Vision back together and paint him white from the time Wanda took over the town. Wanda also said she couldn't feel him. Because it was a fake?
    She couldn’t “feel him” because he didn’t have the Mind Stone anymore.

I think Vision's emotions and memories were attached to the stone somehow. And that's how Wanda was able to project him without his body being present.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Was that Vision's real body Hayward showed Wanda?
    Yes.

They were taking it apart with regular saws and there shouldn't have been enough time to staple Vision back together and paint him white from the time Wanda took over the town.
    ...why not? Hayward said, and I quote, "We took this thing apart and put it back together again a million times."

The white could just be Hayward et al choosing that color since they have access to, um, well Vision's factory settings or whatever it would be called.

I'm still banking on Agatha just being curious and trying to learn from Wanda, plus hopefully teaching her a thing or two. After all, Wanda created vibranium from nothing. But so far she has only shown that kind of power when she "hulks out" under high emotional stress. If she could control it, then we're talking and she would much more belong in a Dr. Strange movie about the multiverse.

As to why Strange and others haven't come to try and get Agatha - their mission is to take care of other-dimensional threats specifically, and those who threaten them directly obviously like Thanos. But it probably also indicates that Agatha has been a force for good all along. Or at least neutral.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Taylor View Post
    I'm still banking on Agatha just being curious and trying to learn from Wanda, plus hopefully teaching her a thing or two. After all, Wanda created vibranium from nothing. But so far she has only shown that kind of power when she "hulks out" under high emotional stress. If she could control it, then we're talking and she would much more belong in a Dr. Strange movie about the multiverse.

As to why Strange and others haven't come to try and get Agatha - their mission is to take care of other-dimensional threats specifically, and those who threaten them directly obviously like Thanos. But it probably also indicates that Agatha has been a force for good all along. Or at least neutral.
    I don't think she created vibranium from nothing, but an illusion of it.

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    I don't think she created vibranium from nothing, but an illusion of it.
    Well except Hayward was tracking it in the anomaly.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Taylor View Post
    Well except Hayward was tracking it in the anomaly.
    Energy signatures can be tracked. He might have been tracking how Wanda created that version of him, then got the idea to use the drone to get Wanda's powers to then activate Vision's body. His energy starts to unravel and head back to the center of the hex once he goes outside of it. If he were vibranium, that would not have happened. He'd have just deactivated and dropped to the ground.

I think Vision's emotions and memories were attached to the stone somehow. And that's how Wanda was able to project him without his body being present.
    Probably. The stone had code for an advanced A.I in it that become Ultron IIRC. Like when they studied the stone they found code inside they used for Ultron correct? Then Vision was Jarvis base A.I combined with the stone. Shuri was trying to save What made vision vision while removing the stone. Im.praying she got enough of his Code to be able to restore a version of Vision into that new body sometime in the future. Cause that scene in Avengers Hq was so good. Vision was getting me a little emotional. Even in AoU they have always written Vision some great lines. Hope we get more of him in the future.

Also that scene with Heyward and Wanda. I got a feeling that he lost someone close to him. Also think he blames the Supers,maybe she died in the havoc caused after the first snap.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

I was watching a YouTube review of the episode and brought up an awesome idea. Since Vision was born from Jarvis who clearly wouldn't be in white Vision they can use James Spader Ultron voice for him. Would love to see that.

That's my feeling as well. I've been thinking this whole time that she's essentially filling in the missing part of him with her powers since they're derived from the Mind Stone. And I also want to think that this is the real Vision we've been seeing and not a projection from her subconscious. They're already using magic and Infinity Stones to explain stuff, they can easily make up a reason for why she was able to recreate the actual Vision.

Okay, so what are the odds that they'll pull some "new Data" thing at the end where Vision will be gone, Bleached Vision will remain, but they'll give a hint that maybe the real Vision's AI got in there somehow and may re-emerge. No matter what they do, I don't want to see a WW84 scene of her letting go of Vision as a sign that she's ready to stop living her lie and face the truth, etc. We just saw it. (it'd also be a ton sadder if it happened here)
    Last edited by j9ac9k; 02-27-2021 at 07:10 AM.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nate Grey View Post
    ..why not? Hayward said, and I quote, "We took this thing apart and put it back together again a million times."
    Because vibranium is the most durable metal on earth. We're trusting Hayward now?

When they were taking him apart it showed wires and parts. Vision was 3-D printed out of vibranium in Dr Cho's super body part making machine. I'm thinking SWORD put him together before the return to use as a weapon and showed Wanda the fake to keep her from freaking out like Hayward said she did.
    Sounds perfect.

Because vibranium is the most durable metal on earth. We're trusting Hayward now?
    He said it to a lackey who was presumably there for most if not all of the "million times" why would he lie to her and why would she nod in agreement? That was for our (the audience's) benefit.

Here's the whole quote and what appears to be Hayward's modus operandi: "We took this thing apart and put it back together again a million times. Tried every type of power supply under the sun. When all we needed was a little energy directly from the source."

The first sentence seemed to be the only part relevant to what you were asking. your response dictates repeating the rest of what Hayward said.

It absolutely was the real body because Hayward was trying, and failing, to bring Vision online since he took over S.W.O.R.D. Watch his body language with Wanda the whole time. His wording of "Not everyone can bring their loved ones back online...forgive me, back to life." Hoping she'd either prove him wrong or it would plant a seed in her head to at least try. Why he allowed her (ie told his men to stand down) when she bust the glass and floated down to get a closer look. He was hoping she'd do something, anything.

Now tie all of that into all of Hawyard's previous onscreen appearances. His lies were to outsiders (which sadly in his mind includes Monica) to further his own agenda of weaponizing Vision. I think its consistent writing, but if you think its some plot hole, well you're welcome to that.

Quote Originally Posted by Dzetoun View Post
    Actually, I think we now know enough to plausibly speculate what happened with Vision. We know he left a will saying he did not want to be resurrected and turned into a weapon. Given his personality, it isn't hard to believe he also granted permission for research on his body for the betterment of the Earth and peaceful purposes. The logical people to do such research would be Shuri, Tony, and Bruce. But Shuri was snapped away and Tony and Bruce are each a mess for different reasons. Enter SWORD, at that time headed not by Hayward, but by Maria Rambeau, a good and honorable person who is the personal friend of Carol Danvers. With Wanda gone, leaving Vision with Maria would have seemed like a good solution, and I am sure while she was alive she was respectful and sensitive in her treatment of the remains.

Two years later, Maria died. Hayward became director, but even then probably had to take a year or so to get his project off the ground. By that time, Vision will have been dead for three years. The Avengers have no reason to think anything untoward is going on at SWORD, and Nick Fury, Maria Hill, and Phil Coulson, the insider operatives best positioned to question the goings on in Hayward's realm, are all gone. There seems to have been resistance within SWORD, but it probably consisted of low- and mid-level people who weren't sure what was going on or where they could turn.

Then Thanos is defeated and everybody comes back, a major Oh Sh!t moment for Hayward, especially since the returned include Vision's next-of-kin as well as a person literally raised in SWORD with a web of knowledge and loyalties. It is possible that much of the crudeness and stupidity he has displayed is the result of scrambling madly for the last three weeks to keep the entire house of cards from collapsing.
    I can dig it.

The rest of the world wouldnt have been sitting on their hands after the snap. Countries and what was left of their militariea would have taken advantages of the situation. Still, Wakanda is still hidden but letring the available Avengers take Vison makes more sense that a US government agency break into the place and take him by force. Even what was left of Wakanda wouldn't allow that. Does make me want them to provide some more details about what transpired in the world after the snap. Even the ones that came back wouldnt always have people to come back to after something like that.
    Beefing up the old home security, huh?
    You bet yer ass.

Boisterously Confused

Quote Originally Posted by Surf View Post
    ...Wakanda is still hidden but letring the available Avengers take Vison makes more sense that a US government agency break into the place and take him by force...
    Agreed. Cap, Thor, Black Widow and Banner were all on site in Wakanda following Thanos' snap. Okoye was about the only significant Wakandan player of authority that I'm aware of left after the snap. The pre-unsnap scenes in Endgame make it clear that she had some kind of cooperative arrangement with the remaining Avengers. I can see Okoye letting the Avengers take their comrade's body home.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    I was watching a YouTube review of the episode and brought up an awesome idea. Since Vision was born from Jarvis who clearly wouldn't be in white Vision they can use James Spader Ultron voice for him. Would love to see that.
    It would be kind of hilarious if all of SWORD's efforts to create a weapon out of Vision ended up reviving Ultron .