Page 10 of 20 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 ... LastLast
    BANNED

A very interesting character arc

Quote Originally Posted by 616MarvelYear is LeapYear View Post
    The physical "wants something--->Goes after thing--->gets thing" kind of journey...

is to continue with the debut of the mcu Rogue!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    I rewatched Avengers: Endgame for the first time yesterday and it honestly got me thinking that Rogue
    showing up in Captain Marvel 2 would not only be great for us but also great for Carol as a character.
    She’s currently so powerful that I don’t feel any stakes when she’s around, but
    losing at least some of her powers to Rogue would not only
    balance the character but also give her a very interesting character arc.
    Right on the money!

I would love all of this to be true. Rogue in Captain Marvel, spending some time as a brotherhood member would be real nasty. Have her take a chunk of Carol's powers. Captain Marvel needs to be nerfed anyway. It'd be rad!
    "Kids don't care **** about superhero comic books. And if they do, they probably start with manga, with One Punch-Man or My Hero Academia. " -ImOctavius.

I dont want Rogue with energy powers though. When she absorbed Carol in the books, she didnt have that as those powers didnt come until she went Binary. Movie Carol already has the energy powers and if Rogue absorbs her, she would have those too, which I dont think fit the character

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    I dont want Rogue with energy powers though. When she absorbed Carol in the books, she didnt have that as those powers didnt come until she went Binary. Movie Carol already has the energy powers and if Rogue absorbs her, she would have those too, which I dont think fit the character
    True. I wonder if there is a way for her to like, maybe only hold Carol long enough to get super-strength, flight & invulnerability but not cosmic laser energy powers, lol.
    "Kids don't care **** about superhero comic books. And if they do, they probably start with manga, with One Punch-Man or My Hero Academia. " -ImOctavius.

Quote Originally Posted by Odd Rödney View Post
    True. I wonder if there is a way for her to like, maybe only hold Carol long enough to get super-strength, flight & invulnerability but not cosmic laser energy powers, lol.
    I mean that’d be a good way for Carol to still have some powers while Rogue is flying high.

Ultimate Member

I have a question for X-Men fans. Why do some of the fans seem to have antipathy towards Captain Marvel? I've seen posts here and on other websites hoping Rogue destroys Carol or beats her up of things like that. I just want to know what's going on.

Astonishing Member Sandmans_Raven's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    I have a question for X-Men fans. Why do some of the fans seem to have antipathy towards Captain Marvel? I've seen posts here and on other websites hoping Rogue destroys Carol or beats her up of things like that. I just want to know what's going on.
    For me it's less that I dislike Carol, but more that I just want to see Rogue start as a villain, like she did in the comics, and have her fight Captain Marvel and absorb her powers. Her arc of going from villain, defeating Carol (and absorbing her psyche) to dealing with the guilt and becoming a hero/X-Man is what made me interested in her in the first place.
    Make Good Art

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    She doesn't have to get ALL of her powerset. Just flight invulnerability and super strength

Quote Originally Posted by loke13 View Post
    She doesn't have to get ALL of her powerset. Just flight invulnerability and super strength
    If Rogue holds on to a person long enough to permanently gain their powerset, its all of it. Flight and strength are more like secondary powers for the MCU Carol. She's based off Binary and primarily energy based in everything she does. It could cause continuity flub to have Rogue perma-absorb her and not have any energy based powers which I can see causing inconsistencies in what happens when she touches future characters
    Last edited by Havok83; 03-03-2021 at 10:22 AM.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sandmans_Raven View Post
    For me it's less that I dislike Carol, but more that I just want to see Rogue start as a villain, like she did in the comics, and have her fight Captain Marvel and absorb her powers. Her arc of going from villain, defeating Carol (and absorbing her psyche) to dealing with the guilt and becoming a hero/X-Man is what made me interested in her in the first place.
    Ok. I didn't mean to make it sound like all X-Men fans were like that.

Astonishing Member

This board has an anti-avengers bias, lol. The avenagers are ‘the man’ and don’t do enough to help mutants (even though most of that is the separate nature of the books) and the X-men are fighting the man end the corrupt system. There’s also an element of thinking marvel has been acting ‘unfairly’. When marvel started their big push of making carol their premier female character, Rogue (and Storm and Jean and Emma) were already more popular than her, so why push Carol constantly instead of the others (because of movie rights basically)

Me personally, I go more with SR’s opinion. I’d like to see that arc in the movies. But there are others who’d love to see carol taken down and mutant girl take her place

BANNED

It's a recurring thing that the X-Men fandom likes their characters to be lifted up by the downfall of non mutant characters, look at how this place treats the Avengers, Scarlet Witch, the Inhumans, I could go on but you get the point.
    In the case of Carol it's a mix of the above along with people wanting her to be nothing more than a catalyst for Rogue getting strength and flight, or people who have a pretty need to see Carol beaten and depowered.

Astonishing Member Sandmans_Raven's Avatar

Ok. I didn't mean to make it sound like all X-Men fans were like that.
    Oh you're good. I get that. There are people who definitely have some anti-Carol leanings haha

Quote Originally Posted by anyajenkins View Post
    This board has an anti-avengers bias, lol. The avenagers are ‘the man’ and don’t do enough to help mutants (even though most of that is the separate nature of the books) and the X-men are fighting the man end the corrupt system. There’s also an element of thinking marvel has been acting ‘unfairly’. When marvel started their big push of making carol their premier female character, Rogue (and Storm and Jean and Emma) were already more popular than her, so why push Carol constantly instead of the others (because of movie rights basically)

Me personally, I go more with SR’s opinion. I’d like to see that arc in the movies. But there are others who’d love to see carol taken down and mutant girl take her place
    Yup, exactly
    Make Good Art

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by anyajenkins View Post

I see what you're saying. I know X-Men fans resent the treatment of the X-Men by Marvel, and I feel those actions were wrong, so I agree with X-Men fans on that.

But I'm sure Avengers fans were also tired of the X-Men being treated as the main Marvel book when the Avengers are just as interesting.

Plus, the whole "thinking the Avengers are the man" thing rubs me the wrong way when the Avengers seem to be doing more with minority characters now, at least from what I can tell.

I like the female Avengers a bit more than the female X-Men to be honest, but that's just a personal preference. The X-Women are still good. But aside from the rights issues with Fox, I think Carol got pushed by Marvel because she can stand on her own. How often do Jean, Rogue, Storm or Emma stand out from just being X-Men? Heck, I feel like WandaVision used Monica better in a few episodes than Fox ever used Storm.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sandmans_Raven View Post
    Oh you're good. I get that. There are people who definitely have some anti-Carol leanings haha

Yup, exactly
    No worries.