Page 387 of 456 FirstFirst ... 287337377383384385386387388389390391397437 ... LastLast
Results 5,791 to 5,805 of 6836
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cruelrain View Post
    Also because Monica will have a huge role in The Marvels movie, glad Monica is getting her first solo tho but also weird for marvel for never using the MCU hype to give Wanda a story or a least a limited series since WV and MoM.
    I'm sure they excuse it by saying, well, Wanda and Vision already have comics out there to reprint. While there's almost no solo material for Monica.

It's not a good excuse for not doing anything new, given how much "Vision & the Scarlet Witch" and "Scarlet Witch" trades have sold in the last two years. And other characters get MCU synergy even if they already have solo comics on the shelf. But a bad excuse is still an excuse...

MCU synergy over as her MCU appearances for now, so i only count that she has become popular in a way in social media and the public with her fans, still having a bit of hope in them doing something, it's it that hard to find a place or team to put her again? I mean if you don't a solo comic for her.

Quote Originally Posted by gurkle View Post
    I'm sure they excuse it by saying, well, Wanda and Vision already have comics out there to reprint. While there's almost no solo material for Monica.

It's not a good excuse for not doing anything new, given how much "Vision & the Scarlet Witch" and "Scarlet Witch" trades have sold in the last two years. And other characters get MCU synergy even if they already have solo comics on the shelf. But a bad excuse is still an excuse...
    Did Loki get an original comic last year when his show cma out?

Scarlet Witch~4~LIFE!!^_^ CJStriker's Avatar

Lightbulb

Because when someone who genuinely wants to write Wanda as Jim Zub did, is denied by Marvel.

I guess she's just not on their plans* but let's just wait if she does get something announced, we're 4 months away for this year to end...
    This is just as a reminder of what has been said is coming;

Quote Originally Posted by CJStriker View Post
    I was at our States Biggest Cause Comic Convention the year Terrificon, it was Excellent BTW, a Amazing Enough on Saturday their was Panel with Editor in Chief CB Cebulski from Marvel their Amazing enough he came to our little state of CT and like I have been waiting to for so long as a Wanda Fan I brought This Very question up to him.

I videotaped it with my phone but my audio came out very bad so I will just paraphrase what we said so please just take my word for it;

I asked him about the Rising in popularity a certain character, about synergy with that popularity of the MCU and her recent appearances in ToM, Darkhold and the Gala 2022 and strictly just asking about the comics when SCARLET WITCH will be in an ongoing title?

He said they have taken notice of this, especially of WandaVision, of Vision, Agatha and Wanda and this is what he said is to LOOK OUT FOR LATER THIS YEAR for a project concerning Agatha and Wanda either together or separately happening!

Again take this as one sees fit, but I did confront one of the heads of editing of Marvel with the question we all been asking and this was his answer so we will see how they take it from their but I Swear this is what he paraphrasing he said and at least I got him on the record for it.

I hope I did Wanda & you all enough justice on representative of her, we will see but hope, but still this is straight from a horse’s mouth indeed.
    "By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

Extraordinary Member

CJ, I promise I'll try to post less depressing stuff and go back to posting favorite moments of comics Wanda instead, but he's been saying that for a while, it turns out.

I hope his recent comments mean that the plans for Wanda and Vision are still in the works. Marvel isn't publishing many comics now so whatever they were planning might have just taken a long time to do.

But it's hard to be a Scarlet Witch fan... (and a Vision fan... or a fan of Vision and Wanda together...)

Edit: Also should go without saying, but Monica deserves more comics appearances too, I'm not trying to pit them against each other. And if Monica already had had a solo series to reprint, I doubt she'd be getting a mini either.

Last edited by gurkle; 08-23-2022 at 01:27 PM.

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by gurkle View Post
    CJ, I promise I'll try to post less depressing stuff and go back to posting favorite moments of comics Wanda instead, but he's been saying that for a while, it turns out.

I hope his recent comments mean that the plans for Wanda and Vision are still in the works. Marvel isn't publishing many comics now so whatever they were planning might have just taken a long time to do.

But it's hard to be a Scarlet Witch fan... (and a Vision fan... or a fan of Vision and Wanda together...)

I have to say at least on the Wanda Front in 2021 Gurkle that He Came Through with 2 Major stories that changed the dynamics of Wanda in the Comics Forever that we have been waiting for.

1st was Trial of Magneto and yea is was not the best put together comic story, the middle was not good, but the Beginning and Especially that ending Pretty Much FINALLY Put a Nail in the Coffin of the M-Day Debacle for Wanda allowing her to move on from that terrible, Sexist & Misogynistic story that weighed her down for too long and brining her finally back into the Mutant community much further than anything we got in the last decade combined.

So, Story was not perfect no, but the ending stuck the landing so well I saw many X-Fans Celebrating it both CBR & on other internet sites, so it was worthy in what was promised just for that alone!

Then We had Darkhold Alpha & Omega the really good written book by Orlando that I know was praised by Wanda Fans everywhere with a Great opening and that Ending was so Major it was on ToM levels of imporantance to our Wanda to finally overcome her battles with Chthon and bind him to her, showing how Much she has grown and has overcome, a Level of Skill that left us breathless and cheering as fans for Brighter Days ahead.

So, Yea we Go 2 Major stories for our Wanda out of 2021 that help her out more then we could have hoped for, so that seemed IMO a promise by him kept.

I don't know was to say about Vision, that is why Vision Fans should hold his feet to the fire on why not pushing him more, one hand you can be a success the other a questionable Failings.

Let’s give hope that more is indeed on the way.

"By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

There have been many questions surrounding the origins of Quicksilver in The Contest, so we put together this family tree to help "clarify" how he's connected to The Battlerealm.
    From the Marvel Contest of Champions game.

Quote Originally Posted by jmc247 View Post
    No mention of the Maximoffs. I guess because they aren't potential playables. But the High Evolutionary is not their parent. He just powered them in this retcon. And not even the only one to power Wanda, with the Chthon stuff still canon.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Even without chthon, magic should run through the twins blood with Natalya being her mother now, who was a natural witch.

Even without chthon, magic should run through the twins blood with Natalya being her mother now, who was a natural witch.
    True. Wanda would even mention being a true witch after training with Agatha and controlling the natural elements such as wood, plants, cotton threads and all things organic.
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jmc247 View Post
    This is a really weird family tree, 'cause it makes it seem like the High Evolutionary is somehow their father now.

Was AvX the last event crossover Wanda had a big part in?

Extraordinary Member

Was AvX the last event crossover Wanda had a big part in?
    AXIS, though it wasn't as big an event.

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    This is a really weird family tree, 'cause it makes it seem like the High Evolutionary is somehow their father now.
    With how Wanda and Pietro get new parents once in a while, maybe he will be someday .
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    We all know that BND was a collective mid-life crisis from Marvel back then